Aussie Golden Demons - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Aussie Golden Demons

wow, those entries from new zealand look really excellent, very impressive! The defiler is insane haha, so huge, must have taken ages! I can\'t wait to check it out in real life!

And that terminator chaplain has really great colours, the pics a bit blurry but it looks nice

But my favourite must be that bretonnian knight at the end, wow he looks really amazing, great colour scheme and atmosphere, I\'m really looking forward to seeing how he looks at the finals day!

And your troll looks excellent too evilmonki, great work - I love the oxidations haha, nice one!

These are some of the best entries I have seen so far for this year\'s GD, I think the new zealanders are going to have a lot of success at GD this year!

Yeah the level of detail on the Bretonnian is nuts!

The only problem with the defiler is the guy didn\'t package it well and it has sustained some dameage. The GW guys are taking over the figures personnaly so hopefully no more bits come off.

enterfaith

Wow, I\'m so glad I didn\'t enter 40k single, looks like there\'s some awesome entries in that category in particular...

:o EvilMonki that troll is awesome! I love the metallics and basically everything!

I don\'t like that sculpt, but you made it look like a whole new mini :D

Originally posted by xerofis
    those entries are nice Doc!, what store are they from?
    Thats the New Zealand finals, so from all over the country. The only one I know of for sure is the Chaos defiler - it is from Christchurch.

Only just found this thread, wish I\'d known it was here earlier on... Oh well.

Both my partner and I got through to the finals. I was quite impressed with some of the entries that were there yesterday.

Congrats to those who got through and better luck next year to those who didn\'t...

Originally posted by Death Angel
    Only just found this thread, wish I\'d known it was here earlier on... Oh well.

Both my partner and I got through to the finals. I was quite impressed with some of the entries that were there yesterday.

Congrats to those who got through and better luck next year to those who didn\'t...
    Which are your entries?

EDIT: How rude of me - CONGRATULATIONS! :bouncy:

When I came down to it my hunter was deemed to not be part of the GW imagery (Even though it was based on the Goat head banner deco).
    That is silly, really don\'t understand it.

Well some really nice entries there, completely blows away most of my stuff.

Anyone know NSW results, still don;t know if I made it through at all.

**Jaw drops to the ground**

Umm, not wanting to troll, but the appropriate people to give permission are probably the painters. That said thank you very much for the piccies. I\'mm just sorry I won\'t get to see any of them in person.

I got to see the best of Victoria and Tasmania and there are going to be a number of heavily contested categories. Some of the stuff from tassie really looked good and there is an awesome giant making it\'s way up north. There were a couple of great Youngblood entries as well, already better than anything I can do. Anyone know if Arjay got an entry done?

I hope that big 40k thingy doesn\'t need to be posted to sydney!!

Originally posted by Zordana
    I hope that big 40k thingy doesn\'t need to be posted to sydney!!
    One of the GW guys is taking it over on his lap

Some really nice work here. I did a Bretonnian Knight as well and the one that is already posted is better than mine. Great detail and beautifully painted a demon winner for sure.

The unit of mounted daemonettes is mine and the ogre done in NMM with rusty bits is my partners. Neither are in the pictures you posted.

Originally posted by Death Angel
    The unit of mounted daemonettes is mine and the ogre done in NMM with rusty bits is my partners. Neither are in the pictures you posted.
    Oh those were both very good. I took pictures of both but they went into my to blurry to do justice file.

enterfaith

Umm, that Saruman is a youngblood!!!??? That\'s absolutely insane... I\'m scared..

Originally posted by enterfaith
    Umm, that Saruman is a youngblood!!!??? That\'s absolutely insane... I\'m scared..
    Yeah, there were probably half a dozen truely fantastic youngblood entries - don\'t it just make you sick! lol

Again I have more pics but not good ones.

Default Gamesday 2006

Originally posted by Ogrebane
    Well I didnt make it thru with either of mine. When I came down to it my hunter was deemed to not be part of the GW imagery (Even though it was based on the Goat head banner deco).

Anyway maybe next year. Congrats to all the others who got thru. And congrats to you Dr E I saw your entry its very good. Maybe we can paln to meet next year. They have the Cup match between OZ and NZ so maybe we could get a game of WH in as well.

Anyway congrats to every who got thru to the next round and good luck.
    I\'m really surprised to hear that your entries didn\'t bring you more success. After viewing them hear at CMoN I thought you stood a great chance. Fine painting! Oh well, you\'ll have success next year.

Cheers.

About Arjay i dont think he got his entry done.

Some nice entries that Bret Champion and Dreadnought will do well along with the YB Saruman!

Cant wait till sydney!

Default hmmm

any pics of Victoria\'s work?

Sanjay

Congrats Barry and the others who continue on. Best of luck to all.