Aussie Golden Demons
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Golden Demons

Default Aussie Golden Demons

So who is entering mini?
    Who is actually going along.

I am working on a 40k figure. But I can\'t make it to Australia so the poor little fella will have to travel alone if he makes the cut.

I am saving up for next year (both money and favours to the wife so she will let me go lol)

Hi Doc,
    Are you allowed to enter a figure if your not there in person?
    As thats what I would like to do here in UK
    good luck with your entry anyways:D

Originally posted by krom1415
    Hi Doc,
    Are you allowed to enter a figure if your not there in person?
    As thats what I would like to do here in UK
    good luck with your entry anyways:D
    Because Aussie is such a small market compared to the other GW regions (20 million) they decided last year to incorperate New Zealand (4 million).
    Because it\'s an international flight (although only a couple of hours and cheap as chips) the format was made so that the first round of judging takes place at the local GW stores. From there the first cut minis go to city finals and from there those that make the cut go to games day proper.

The only time you have to physically turn up is for the first round. The only issue is you then hand over control of your figure to the GW staff. For me it isn\'t an issue as the staff of the Auckland stores are pretty good for the most part.

That means I wont be there to accept my golden demon this year. :rolleyes: lol

As I said in my first post; I do plan on being there next year so I can get my sword in person! :drunk:

Ah excellent, a topic for our own little australian GD! Well I will be entering this year, and I will also definately be going along to finals day - I don\'t need to travel at all luckily, because I\'m in Sydney. I\'m really looking forward to it, it\'s one of the rare times when lots of the australian painters to get together, and one of the rare chances we have to see lots of great minis in real life. I can\'t wait !

sorry to hear that you can\'t make it evilmonki - better luck next year. If you are worried about handing over your mini to GW staff, maybe you could post it yourself to someone in australia, who could then hand it in for you.

Nah I\'m not to worried. I do remember from last year that a few people said they wouldn\'t enter because they didn\'t want to hand over the fgures to their local staff.
    As far as I am aware you don\'t have the option anyway.

Next year will be better for me anyway. It is just to hard finding the time to paint with a 6 month old in the house.

Originally posted by automaton

it\'s one of the rare times when lots of the australian painters to get together, and one of the rare chances we have to see lots of great minis in real life. I can\'t wait !
    This is really why I want to go in person. I don\'t have contact with anyone who paints anymore. Partly my fault partly because of the extended break I had out of the hobby.
    But it would be fantastic to see some of the stuff I admire in person (your stuff well up on that list as well by the way)

Thats an excellent idea re entering your mini\'s, I wish they did that here:D

About time someone posted one of these!

What are you entering? Where in Aus you located?

GW site have not opend up entry forms yet which is dissapointing.!

Originally posted by Wolfclaw
    About time someone posted one of these!

What are you entering? Where in Aus you located?

GW site have not opend up entry forms yet which is dissapointing.!
    I am from Hamilton; New Zealand.
    Just working on one entry - a Chaos lord in Terminator armour conversion.
    Have posted a WIP thread, but have only done the base so far and now am distracted with comps from WYRD and World of Minis.

I\'d love to enter but seeing as its two weeks away i probably wont get my Stern model ready in time (Still cant think of a color scheme for it without resorting to ugly metallics)

I will be, and hopefully I won\'t be sick this year, so I can actually get to the rounds.

My LOTR single entry will be done, although I\'m seriously not happy with the banner, going to have to talk to Automaton and get some tips :) The duel should be done, but its quirky rather than action packed, so unlikely to do well, but its something I wanted to do, so who cares? There is an outside chance I may get something for 40K single done and I\'m gonna enter a couple of older minis in the warhammer single and large just for fun.

Unfortunately all of my more complex ideas are no where near completion, so like previous years, you\'ll see entries that were supposed to be this year next year :)

I\'m entering but can\'t get to Sydney this year for obvious reasons.

So far I only have one entry cause I started painting this month. lol

Its a lotr single. Hopefully its not the only thing there without a banner. :D

Im gonna try and get another entry done by the 7th.

Originally posted by DrEvilmonki
    Nah I\'m not to worried. I do remember from last year that a few people said they wouldn\'t enter because they didn\'t want to hand over the fgures to their local staff.

Next year will be better for me anyway. It is just to hard finding the time to paint with a 6 month old in the house.
    Have you won any GD\'s?

And just a question- does Victoria still compete?

Well my original plan was a converted chaos lord terminator. Unfortunately this has been put aside due to my complete lack of ability to sculpt! lol

I am now half way through a lotr big monster thingy. Of course I still wont be going to the land of OZ, I will instead stay home and cuddle my sheep. :o

hi dudes...!! the australians (and new zealanders!) are gathering haha...go us!!

well I\'m entering of course, I can\'t wait for it!! I\'m going in all the single minis - fantasy, 40k and lotr. So that\'s 3 of us who will be going head-to-head in lotr single haha. Don\'t worry zord, mine doesn\'t have a banner either hehe, or any freehand whatsoever actually - we\'ll probably get dominated by leigh\'s entry which is sure to have both! haha

And yeah trevor it will be good to meet you, I missed out on a few people last year actually. Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by AinuLainour
    Originally posted by DrEvilmonki

Have you won any GD\'s?

No - no demons under my belt (oh er sounds a bit rude!).
    Last year was my first go and as I had only picked up a brush for the first time in 10 years about a month before I was happy to make it past the first elimination. (my Logan Grimnar in my gallery was that model).

I am not to sure about Victoria, some of the more seasoned veterans may have a better idea than me.

Originally posted by AinuLainour

yes she does. She did last year, in the fantasy large category - she got the bronze - and I believe she is entering something or things this year as well.

Ah cool. Thanks for the info guys.

Here\'s to a succesful CMoNer\'s Games Day :beer:

Vic is entering this year, I saw the work in progress earlier this month when it was around 60% complete - she should do well with it (as usual).

aaahh excellent, so we WILL have something spectacular from victoria to look at! I look forward to it. I hope she comes up this year so I can meet her as well, that would be great!