Will pimping help my score?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will pimping help my score?

Default Will pimping help my score?

Just curious. I waited until 50 votes were registered (as I always do) before telling anyone that I have posted another mini. I have been painting but realized it had been a very long time since I had posted anything so I threw something up.

Anyway, it\'s here:
    OOP Dwarf Miner by Harlequin
    Now I\'ll see if my adoring forum fans will raise or lower the score.

I\'m very curious as to why you waited until 50 votes had been put on the mini before Pimping it?
    Most people (me included) can\'t wait to flag up some stuff. (hey let\'s be honest here we\'re all in the same Show Off frame of mind).

Are you trying to gain an accurate viewpoint on your work without the possiblilty of the \'Friends from the Forum Factor\' kicking in?

Yeah, that\'s pretty much it.
    I like to get the general sense before I see if those who know me push it up or down.
    That and I forgot I\'d posted it.
    I guess I\'m not in as much of a show-off frame of mind as you.
    Of course, this image was posted first at Wyrd-games where it was a contest entry.

[edit] Ouch!
    pimping really hurt my score. Dropped from 7.5 to 7.2 with 12 votes since I posted.
    Maybe I won\'t pimp from now on.

I\'m not totally convinced the FRIENDS FACTOR really exists....

But, no ultimately, I don\'t think pimping helps your score, in fact (as you are seeing) I think it possibly could hurt it a bit....What I do think though, is it helps your mini get to 50 much quicker, and of course you get many more comments...which according to claims, is much more important to people anyhow.

Well I voted and my comment is that I like the OSL and thought it was worth a 7.5

Dont know what to do to improve except the old blending issue.

Nice job.

Voted. Pimping never helped my score :rolleyes: But your dwarf is very nice indeed.

~Bill

Blog Entries

Originally posted by vincegamer
    ... so I threw something up.
    Do you feel better? Just kidding. Voted. I like the OSL. Something I have yet to attempt.

Very nice OSL and the feeling is the right one for a dark cavern, a full 9 for me.

Probably pinping the miniatures hurt a bit the score... I also have posted a link to my last miniatures in a couple of forums and the score dropped a bit.. hehehe
    I have also noticed the scores in the public comment are not counted in the total... I can give you a 9 in the public coment but i have to \"confirm\" it clicking in the voting area.. so you can have \"false votes\" from the people thet post comments but not click also on the voting area.
    (btw you can also have people that give you a 9 in the comment and then click on the 6....)

Anyway.. speaking of pimping.. the links to my last miniatures are here in my signature ;)

Blog Entries

Pimp pimp...pimp pimp. What a fantastic word :) Voted on this a while back, 8 I think. Nice work, blending issue upheld. But great non-the-less :)

I gave it an 8 and I can\'t stand you :)

Only joking lol

This is, indeed, a COOL mini.

I know it means I\'m a bit thick, but what exactly do you mean by pimping?
    sorry:duh:

the true term your too young to know :)

the cmon term advertising your latest piece to people

I\'m not a supporter atm but as I\'ve understood it registered votes tend to be lower than the unregistered ones. Which would obviously support the theory that pimping is bad for scores.

Not always.. my Yarry has 8.0 with the combined votes for registered and unregistered and 8.4 counting only the registered votes :)

Originally posted by DragonPaint
    Not always.. my Yarry has 8.0 with the combined votes for registered and unregistered and 8.4 counting only the registered votes :)
    how do you know the difference?

Check the lower part of the left bar in the main page, you can find a button named \"Hide Registered Scores\"
    Just click on \"yes\" and under the usual score you will see a new line with the registered average and the registered votes.

Chern Ann has added this feature about one month ago:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=14761

I haven\'t any idea about the \'friends factor\', myself. And if it works, mine probably do like I asked, and rate hard, and give me constructive criticism on how to improve my work.

And if they don\'t give me constructive criticism, then I should really have a lot more 10\'s, because without criticism, it means they\'re PERFECT! PERRRFEEEECT!

Originally posted by Naukhel

And if they don\'t give me constructive criticism, then I should really have a lot more 10\'s, because without criticism, it means they\'re PERFECT! PERRRFEEEECT!
    Probably more correct to say people are LAZY! LAAAZZZZYY!

The real test would be to pimp the miniature without telling people you are testing the forum/friend factor. ;)