Map of the WFB World - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map of the WFB World

very strange. Those weren\'t real citadel miniatures, were they? my how they\'ve changed. PINACOLADA? :beer: are those actual assigned names to the models. Please, tell the truth, I\'m gullible. and what exactly are fimir?

Those are actual citadel miniatures. Believe it or not Citadel and Games Workshop used to have a sense of humor.

Fimir were one eyed lizard creatures with a couple neat features. Their tails were articulated meaning they could use them to hold things. The warrior caste of Fimir grew hard bony protrusions on their tails and could wield them as weapons (they naturally got +1 A) The coolest part though was that all Fimir exuded this mist. It made them nearly impossible to see in a dense Jungle (or any other cover for that mater). If I remember correctly they could even release different types of mist at will. That part I\'m not positive on though, I would have to check my old WHFRP or WFB rulebooks.

hahaha wow :bouncy: the slann names make me happy...
    fimir sound interesting... what edition was this in?

1st. Maybe 2nd, I didn\'t pick up second.

very interesting. Can you still buy the first and or second edition rules and army\'s books?

LOL army books! There was no such thing :D

You could probably find it on eBay or somewhere similar. Just search for Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Maybe Hardcover.

There were no army books, no boxed set, no plastic templates, etc. There were a few source books put out, like Warhammer Seige and the Realm of Chaos books but that\'s about it. The rules for the minis were either in the rulebook, in White Dwarf for came with the minis.

ha wow sounds fun. Saving money without army books. I\'m going to have to find some of those... I love all the old fluff, it gets more in depth than the current stuff, which is nice because its focused on recent \"events\" like the storm of chaos, but doesn\'t go much beyond that. :~(

Originally posted by Duke Garrett
    ha wow sounds fun. Saving money without army books. I\'m going to have to find some of those... I love all the old fluff, it gets more in depth than the current stuff, which is nice because its focused on recent \"events\" like the storm of chaos, but doesn\'t go much beyond that. :~(
    No! Not good! :o:D My first experiences with GW gaming was Epic 40K, and a three inch stack of photocopied rules from magazines and inserts to miniatures. Finding anything was nearly impossible, and my opponent always seemed to know the rules that gave him the advantage but could never remember where the rules were that would have helped me.

I much prefer the armybook/codex method they are using now. Sure it\'s a lot of money if you want to buy all of them, but at least you know where the rules are. I just wish GW had more online resources...

that\'s true, it is expensive, but I usually end up perusing my friends\' army books and my opponents, and learning things that way. And, White Dwarf does help.:rolleyes:

I really don\'t find it that much different now. There are still a ton of obscure rules, errata, and add ons published every month in White Dwarf. The difference now is instead of having to look at 5 years worth of magazines to find the rules, you only need to look at one, as GW re-releases the entire game and every rulebook each year (a slight exaggeration).

Actually I was doing some online shopping and noticed that I am actually talking about 2nd edition. I had no idea that a boxed Warhammer Fantasy Battle which included 2 rulebooks and a scenario book was released. This was only ever released in the UK, which would be why I had never seen it.

So I could say, \"Oh buy the way, I was talking about the first, North American edition of WFB\" I\'ll own up and say, I was wrong.

true... things are constantly being updated, which gets a bit annoying. I love the fluff though.