Can he pull this off?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can he pull this off?

Default Can he pull this off?

Can he do it?

The Joker

Call me silly. But I liked Jack Nicholson\'s Joker.

At least its not Jim Carey.:D It would be like The Mask all over again!

Personally I would have suggested Dennis Quaid as he can pull off the smiling Joker face almost without the need for Special effects.
    However the studio\'s are looking for young and bankable, so Ledger \'s got it.
    Having said that he could well carry the role. He can act, which is more than can be said for some.

The dude who played the Scarecrow in the latest Batman movie would have been great too.

I do think Ledger can pull this off. Batman Begins is the best of all the Batman movies....Its closest in feel anyhow to the comic.

Speaking of Christian Bale (were we?) I just watched a Sci-fi movie he was in called Equilibrium. Which I had never even heard of. I got it via Netflix, and it turned out to be quite enjoyable.

I\'ve seen it in the rental store several times, but i avoided it thinking it was a Matrix rip off. But a lot of people (atleast five) have said it is pretty good.

Originally posted by supervike
    The dude who played the Scarecrow in the latest Batman movie would have been great too.

I do think Ledger can pull this off. Batman Begins is the best of all the Batman movies....Its closest in feel anyhow to the comic.

Speaking of Christian Bale (were we?) I just watched a Sci-fi movie he was in called Equilibrium. Which I had never even heard of. I got it via Netflix, and it turned out to be quite enjoyable.

Blog Entries

You never heard of Equilibrium??!! Man I love that movie! First time I saw it in the ol picture house it blew me away...and brought a bit of a tear to me eye n\'all.

Back to the topic at hand though. I\'m not sure if he can pull it off. Nicholson IS the joker as far as i\'m concerned and I hated all the batman films \'till \"Batman Returns\".
    Having said that, I agree the new direction is fantastic so if he pulls it off i\'m gonna be impressed :yes:
    Next stop Spiderman 3. (It\'s about bloody time they got round to Venom!)

The Joker? That Steve Miller song? Oh, yeah. Definitely.

But Jack was genius with a capital \'G\' in EVERYTHING. The swine. I still list One Flew Over the Cuckoo\'s Nest as one of my greatest films ever (in the sense that I like it, not wrote/produced/directed it).

Blog Entries

Bollocks Rev, I noted \"One flew over the Cuckoos Nest\" as one of your finest achievements! :(
    Squirting milk out your nose is back to number one then...:no:

Fair call, humility ain\'t always the best tack. It\'s my film I tell ya! And I do the milk from the bum trick. Honest guv. My missus has the photos lol

Originally posted by reverend
    But Jack was genius with a capital \'G\' in EVERYTHING.
    Oh yeah, he really ROCKED in Little Shop of Horrors :rolleyes:

Blog Entries

I was filming it and i couldn\'t tell the difference! lol
    Nothing beats me flaming curlies though. problem is it\'s only doable every other month :rolleyes:

Originally posted by vincegamer
    Originally posted by reverend
    But Jack was genius with a capital \'G\' in EVERYTHING.
    Oh yeah, he really ROCKED in Little Shop of Horrors :rolleyes:
    Right, that\'s the last time I mark you an 8 out of 10 Vince! You\'re on my poo list now lol

Well, I thought Mr. Nicholson was terribly miscast in that Joker role. He did play it well though, just because of his dangerous edge he has...

I would have much preferred to see Willem Dafoe as the Joker in the first Batman film:

What, Jesus as the Joker? Blasphemy!

Originally posted by supervike
    Great, great movie. A few cheesy bits but overall very well-done. Some excellent child actors in it too, I must say. I think it was under-hyped because it DID look so much like \"The Matrix\" (which I also like) and was released around the same time. They share some themes but are very different otherwise.

I actually just saw a very young Bale with John Malkovich in \"Empire of the Sun\". Wow. Now that\'s an intense movie.

The Machinist was a beauty too.

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    I actually just saw a very young Bale with John Malkovich in \"Empire of the Sun\". Wow. Now that\'s an intense movie.
    Wow! I loved that movie, haven\'t seen it for years, but I had no idea that was Christian Bale...my opinion of him is getting better all the time!

Blog Entries

Yup that was Bayby Bale.
    lol \"Bop, Baby Bale!\" Oh thats good.
    Great film,great actor.

I\'m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, what with the fact that, yes, he can act, and it\'s something that\'ll be fairly new to him to do... someone totally off their rocker.

A chance for him to stretch his acting \'muscles\' a little farther.