GW direct sales

Thread: GW direct sales

Default GW direct sales

just a quick question if you order parts from a gamesworkshop shop ypu can have it sent to the shop for 1£ rather then your house for £4 .can you do this when you phone direct sales from home??

I think you order in store for that, not 100% though:D

i want to order some parts but dont want to pay the £4 to send it to my house when it could go to GW (where ill be going soon)

Charging £4 for anything seems a bit steep. Any ideas why it\'s so high?

1. Its Games Workshop
    2. The British postal service just got FUBARed
    3. Its Games Workshop

:drunk:

Wait....did someone just say something negative about Games Workshop....do we get to :drunk:

Because they have to pay the person who puts the order togeather as well as cover frieght. If you only order 1 or 2 items the profit from such a sale would not be enough to cover the costs of the transaction. So this way GW can offer a service to those who need it.

It would cost less going to a GW store because they are sending stuff there anyway, so not such a big deal to add an item to their stock list.

Originally posted by Thecadian
    just a quick question if you order parts from a gamesworkshop shop ypu can have it sent to the shop for 1£ rather then your house for £4 .can you do this when you phone direct sales from home??
    no, you have to do the order in store to use the service

Originally posted by mickc22
    Originally posted by Thecadian
    no, you have to do the order in store to use the service
    In addition, you must have it delivered to the store you ordered from.

not necessarily
    in the past, we have done orders for customers on holiday and had them sent to their home store(UK). I will say it\'s a bit of messing about for the MO guys & gals, so it\'s doable, or at least it was

o well i may just order it to come to my house the bus fair makes it just about semi viable.

And £4 sounds a lot but really isnt

Here at work we get charged more than that for every parcel consignment that we send, and we have got a very competetive rate for our volume... so it depends on how they send it

£4 is a bit steep but then again its always £4 be it 400 Chaos Dreadnoughts or 1 Saurus left arm. Makes sense to me cheaper for larger orders easy to way to get people to mail order more

I wouldn\'t pay £4. I just did one yesterday and it should be coming to the store next week. It\'s certainly easy to get it to the store. And it is quite easily to get to town for me, even though Leicester is quite a big place.

If I go to my local store it costs me £4.00 in petrol, + £!.80 in parking, so its cheaper for me to get by post, however I do like to have a special day out and peruse the various shops and sit outside a coffee shop and watch the world go by, so either way its OK:D