GD UK: what a scandal - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GD UK: what a scandal

Hmm... i got $20 on Eric ina fight with Natalya, i aolways root for the underdog. :D

But really, If GW posted that rules are subject to change then regardless of how dodgy it might be they can really rule however they want on the issue. Unfortunatly it does mean if you suck up to the right GW ass you can enter your figure in any GW contest and never leave your house and still rake in Gold Demon wins. I personally dislike it and more so with the fact one person was called on that same situation before but this time it\'s ok. But hey, all you can do is report it to the proper channels and see what happens.

Default mini comp stuff

*Quote* ~ Onis Lair said: Unfortunatly it does mean if you suck up to the right GW ass you can enter your figure in any GW contest and never leave your house and still rake in Gold Demon wins.

Heheh... Of course good painting has nothing to do with it, right? :rolleyes:

>edit< *Quote* ~ Eric J said: Also, I think you\'re being a bit narcissistic assuming I have given you enough thought to dislike you.

You\'ve hit the nail on the head with that comment!!

Originally posted by karrotpawz I think it all comes down to Natalya being a tad bitter because Margo\'s obviously the hotter of the two russian chicks.
    Cheers! lol

Right, I see more detailed elaboration concerning 2004 is needed for some spotting an alternative approach to logical thinking. No problem. I was flying (think plane) from Moscow (think Red Square) to London (Big Ben, fish\'n\'chips, Mary Poppins -- you get the idea). And a friend of mine (think the best Russian painter) asked me to take along a package to pass to the Russian GW-guy, who was in UK at that time (2004). The guy never took it, and I didn\'t take the case any further, because, whilst already in London, I read the rules carefully and saw that this wasn\'t allowed, informing Yellow One about it. I never even took the miniature to Birmingham. Case closed.

I hope that\'s clear enough. lol

I don\'t know what was the nature of relationship between the Russian GW-guy and the GW staff, yet a facs is still a fact: rules were broken, casting a shadow over the fairness of the competition. Which I find rather annoying.

If you could enter by proxy I would have owned Games Day for the last couple of years.

OK well I would have entered every time. :D

Maybe its a catagory that would be very popular if allowed......I think so.

Originally posted by MargoRight, I see more detailed elaboration concerning 2004 is needed for some spotting an alternative approach to logical thinking. No problem. I was flying (think plane) from Moscow (think Red Square) to London (Big Ben, fish\'n\'chips, Mary Poppins -- you get the idea). And a friend of mine (think the best Russian painter) asked me to take along a package to pass to the Russian GW-guy, who was in UK at that time (2004). The guy never took it, and I didn\'t take the case any further, because, whilst already in London, I read the rules carefully and saw that this wasn\'t allowed, informing Yellow One about it. I never even took the miniature to Birmingham. Case closed.
    Oh, Margo, are you really dont know rules or you just have a short memory? Look here:

http://www.gameforums.ru/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=wargames_workshop&Numb er=599916&page=&view=&sb=&o=

This is your post in 2004, where you wrote: \"...he (Yellow One) asked me take miniature to UK and give it to russian GW-guy, who promice to help enter miniature to contest, although it is against rules. And I agreed do this.\".

Wow I have never seen so much venom between painters on this forum ever!I thought flaming and insults on line where limited to geek fanboys and teenage girls on Zenga and Myspace.

I think it was bogus that the guy took silver, but here is my question. Was the paint job good enough to take silver?
    I thought the purpose of a painting contest was to take on all commers and be the best. To the guy who got the shaft(and bronze)...do you feel you earned your award?

Originally posted by Alexi Z
    Originally posted by MargoRight, I see more detailed elaboration concerning 2004 is needed for some spotting an alternative approach to logical thinking. No problem. I was flying (think plane) from Moscow (think Red Square) to London (Big Ben, fish\'n\'chips, Mary Poppins -- you get the idea). And a friend of mine (think the best Russian painter) asked me to take along a package to pass to the Russian GW-guy, who was in UK at that time (2004). The guy never took it, and I didn\'t take the case any further, because, whilst already in London, I read the rules carefully and saw that this wasn\'t allowed, informing Yellow One about it. I never even took the miniature to Birmingham. Case closed.
    Oh, Margo, are you really dont know rules or you just have a short memory? Look here:

http://www.gameforums.ru/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=wargames_workshop&Numb er=599916&page=&view=&sb=&o=

This is your post in 2004, where you wrote: \"...he (Yellow One) asked me take miniature to UK and give it to russian GW-guy, who promice to help enter miniature to contest, although it is against rules. And I agreed do this.\".
    But it\'s all in Russian! lol Whose word will we have to take?

On a side note, has anyone contacted GW about this? It might be prudent to do so before they publish all the winners etc...

*edit* I put it through a translator and this is what I got:

And now listen to the information, so to say, firsthand. ?????? for a long time to me spoke, that is going through ????????? to transfer on golden a demon work. And here, some days prior to my departure, it speaks, that ???????? has left before prospective term, and work transfers it ?????? could not. It has asked me to bring work to England to transfer it ?????????, which promised by means of ?????? to push it on competition though to expose another\'s works it is forbidden by rules. I have agreed. ???????? ??

:D

Watch and learn, my dear friends, what a true passion is like. Not only stalking me for three (or was it more?) years, but also taking the time to find all my posts on all the possible forums that exist! And even translate them badly and quote them -- not in full, though, clinging to the last chance to slander me. Cute! lol

I believe, everybody with the ability to analyze the meaning of letters that stick together and form words and sentences, need no further explanation of the 2004 case. For those who failed to do so -- my deepest condolences.

However, there is yet another point worth mentioning: just like now, in 2004 it was the Russian GW-guy who was assuring Kirill that it was possible to enter without being present at the contest. Later, he refused, which was only fair. Yet this year, for Denis, he decided it’s OK to break the rules. Curious, isn’t it?

Originally posted by Margo
    taking the time to find all my posts on all the possible forums that exist!
    I made it because everybody must know - you are liar! :yes:

...Oh, and it gets even cuter. Guess what, Denis has just replied to me saying that the above mentioned Russian GW-guy told him, that GW did him a favour breaching the rules, because he is their dealer.

He also said that he\'d take a miniature to the contest from anyone who would ask him to do so. Hey, Russians, why bother even going to GD then, if you\'re so special!

Default Just to stir things up...

taking the time to find all my posts on all the possible forums that exist!
    I made it because everybody must know - you are liar! :yes:
    I think you are a liar! :D Here is what you said about Banshee\'s Audrey Hepburn:

RATING: 8
    \"Audrey Hepburn is graceful... She has slim, beautiful body with thin hips... Her face is gorgeous... She looks like goddes... When I look on this work, I dont see Audrey... What you do with her face? She drink too much alcohol or what? I think you paint her like mutant or undead... You always paint faces like that... The skin looks rough... Why you dont want to improve? Also I dont like black dress... It is highlighted very poor... And what happens with her left leg? It is shoe or what? It\'s looks like dirt... Overall it is not bad mini... I think it is \"7\", but I give you \"8\", because you dont paint girls too much... :)\"

If that is a 7, then I am a marmoset ;)

Originally posted by Bill
    I dont know who is \"marmoset\", therefore I dont know are you marmoset or not.

I dont know who is \"marmoset\", therefore I dont know are you marmoset or not.
    Marmoset:

I am not a marmoset :D

Marmoset:

I am not a marmoset :D
    Prove it! lol

Spot the difference :D
    What difference? :rolleyes:

My god that\'s frikkin\' scary :o

My god that\'s frikkin\' scary :o
    Not so scary like Banshee\'s Audrey Hepburn, but yes, you must shave your legs sometimes :idea:

Watch and learn, my dear friends, what a true passion is like. ...taking the time to find all my posts on all the possible forums that exist! And even translate them badly and quote them -- not in full, though, clinging to the last chance to slander me. Cute!
    But consider this, it makes her a fan of yours that she would follow you around so much. Only fanatics (from which the term \"fan\" is derived) would do that. She\'s like a lost little puppy that needs something to chew on, even if it\'s old news. I can see you\'re no fan of her, though, since you don\'t care what she posts where. Isn\'t it nice to have someone care so much about you that they would take the trouble to point out you\'re every mistake, so you could better yourself in the future? Now that\'s a caring commitment!

I wish I had my own stalker! I\'m jealous! :innocent:

Well this is a showdown,

Lets just keep all the name calling adn god knows what to a minumum, Nat i can understand your point and urs also Margo, but what is the point of fighting it out on a forum.

I mean come on , whats in the past is in the past, just look forward to future contests , whats done is done and it cant be reversed!