The Matrix Reloaded - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Matrix Reloaded

Default You think?

Originally posted by -Percival-
    and I still stand by my coments on Agent Smith...Agent Smith will have an Enlightnment...and step to the next level...
    Hmm...not sure I agree with \"Enlightenment\" as the state he will achieve. More like sentience. Another old SciFi concept. This is why he is multiplying himself. His personalities will reach a critical mass and he will become sentient. Perhaps the first sentient machine intelligence. The precursor perhaps to the machine diety shown in \"The 2nd Renaissance\".

Originally posted by -Percival-The Oracle didn\'t lie when she said that Neo wasn\'t the chosen one...Agent Smith is the chosen one...
    Uh-uh. Watch again. The Oracle never says that Neo is not The One. ;) She does allow Neo to think it though.

My opinion: the movie would have been better without the long-winded monologue by Morpheus to the assembled mass at Zion.

i thought monicas poor silicon injected lips were going to burst open in the close-ups of her. freakin gross.

only thing i didnt like about reloaded was the weak rave. i think years in the future a endangered civilization would have better tact than a mass sweaty rave. it was totally thrown in as something popular and non contributing. and morpheus\'s speach outfit was so beast master/alladin i wanted to gouge my eyes out.

the fight scenes were generally okay but if they would have cut them in half and only kept the best action they would have been insanely good. to tell you the truth i was bored half way through many of them. the 1st movie did way better with interacting the story into the fight. when a fight comes up now its like your taking a break watching a whole different movie. the fight scenes have become disenchanted from the story. if 3 follows suit ill probably dump the matrix as a fan much like i did lotr 2 which killed any need to see 3.

Originally posted by wightzombie
    i thought monicas poor silicon injected lips were going to burst open in the close-ups of her. freakin gross.
    Whatever, dewd, she\'s HOT!! And besides, who\'s the actual female lead? Carrie Anne Moss? she LOOKS like a guy!! look at that face!

morpheus\'s speach outfit was so beast master/alladin i wanted to gouge my eyes out.
    I hear ya on the outfit...

if 3 follows suit ill probably dump the matrix as a fan much like i did lotr 2 which killed any need to see 3.
    after I first saw LOTR: Two Towers I shared your sentiments. \"Haldir at Helm\'s Deep? Aragorn carried off by a warg? The HELL?\" were my exact words, IIRC! However, then I thought about it, and watched part of the writer/director commentary on LOTR:Fellowship\'s DVD. it\'s a film ADAPTATION. If they were to exactly copy the book onto film, it would be days of nothing but words scrolling bottom to top. I think that they did a good job on LOTR, and Matrix 2. Personally, I enjoyed both films, (as well as T3) and can\'t wait for the final chapters in both trilogies.

Just my opinion!!
    Smokey

Default huh?

Originally posted by -Percival-
    She shows us that Machines are evolving...taking on qualities that Agent Smith abhors...The machines are partaking of the 7 Deadly Sins...(She displays Anger, her husband displays Gluttony, Lust, and Greed)
    I apologize for my Matrix naiveness. But She and her husband were part of the Matrix? So they are more like Agent Smith than Neo?

I had the impression that the Merovigians(sp) were folks who found out about the Matrix, (like Neo) but then used the knowledge to set themselves up as information brokers and became very powerful.

But are they more like errant programs running in the service corridors of the matrix?

-Percival-

I still think the enlightenment of Agent Smith...will be a joining with Neo...Will he finally beat Neo and fuse with him? The old adage...be careful what you wish for...

If this happened...we would get a symbollism simlar to the Cross of Lorraine.
    By Charles Peguy to represent the \"arms of Christ\", \"the arms of Satan\", and, strangely, the blood of both.

Oh...and Merovingian is such an interesting name (the French man)...you could pull all types of mythologial references from that name alone.

There\'s a reason for everything in Matrix. The Wachowski brothers...have done thier research...\"Gnothi se auton\" or \"Nosce te ipsum\" or \"know thyself\"...which was over the Temple of Apollo...Delphi

-Percival-

yup...

Neo: The Keymaker?

The Oracle: Yes, he disappeared some time ago. We did not know what happened to him until now. He\'s being held prisoner by a very dangerous program, one of the oldest of us. He is called the Merovingian, and he will not let him go willingly.

Default in the rabbit hole....

Now I wish I would have taken the other pill (the blue one?):D??????:D:D:D