Unbelievable
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable

Default Unbelievable

A thread of mine was DELETED, and I understand why. I was considering closing it myself, but that decision seems to have been taken out of my hands.

I guess I wasn\'t grown up enough to make that decision myself.

Anyhow, being slightly upset, I looked for another thread that Rev started awhile ago about the heavy handedness of moderation in un-PC threads. To my surprise, that thread was ALSO CLOSED! :o

Reverand\'s thread

I find it funny that the thread I was looking for about closing another thread which certain people found offensive because Sulu is gay wound up itself being shut down.

I think the thing I\'m really upset about is that I never got to check the results of the poll. I really was interested in which topics people hate.

Well... now I know... :rolleyes:

So, to all of you I may have offended, I apologize. I never meant to stir a hornet\'s nest, next time I\'ll have better judgement.

The threads people least want to see is...

..............Drumroll please...............

Poll\'s posted by some A-hole!!! lol

Editted to take out my momentary Vitriol

I was enjoying that particular thread, and it lead me onto other old threads that were also great reads.
    Full of vitriol, bile, nastiness and generally fantastic. Peoples egos are wonderful things.

Anyway I was really peeved when I found that your thread had been \"moved\" to the mods forum.

:(

Ah yes,
    CMON is a great place as long as you\'re able to make a good display of hypocrisy from time to time :rolleyes: The probleme with the all happy feeling of everyone beeing nice is that you end up not knowing who\'s sincere and who\'s not..
    But, oh well still love the place so guess I\'ll have to live with the avuncular-ish moderation, seems to be spreading to real life too anyways. Ten years from now we\'ll be required to walk around with a buble around us just to make sure we don\'t get hurt. And no talking with anyone as that might hurt our feeling... :rolleyes:

I think, in this particular case, the thread had to go (and it was not because of the topic of the thread or anything you said Markus)! I\'m not saying I agree with every single case of closing (or deleting) threads, but in this case I do.

Default Update

I\'m no longer annoyed, I get over things VERY quickly.

I could say it\'s cause I\'m such a nice guy, but really it\'s because I can\'t remember what I did 5 minutes ago.

Damned senility. lol

Anyway, my apology still stands, even though my anquish no longer does. :cool:

Edit: @Ritual - couldn\'t agree more

Blog Entries

Wondered where that went :rolleyes:

Where is our defender of truth anyway???
    COme bAcK rEV I mIsS yOu o_O

And seeing as were being all nice, I\'d like to lower the tone by saying first and foremost...I hate you all! You\'re all lowlife scum and I wouldnt\' want to see you all half naked???

That should do it lol

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Originally posted by Torn blue sky
    Wondered where that went :rolleyes:

Where is our defender of truth anyway???
    COme bAcK rEV I mIsS yOu o_O

And seeing as were being all nice, I\'d like to lower the tone by saying first and foremost...I hate you all! You\'re all lowlife scum and I wouldnt\' want to see you all half naked???

That should do it lol
    :( sob!! Waaaaaaaaaaaa

p.s. your right, you wouldn\'t want to see this old witch half naked. but do I care.....pffffffffffff:P

I always get confused with thread deletes.. and very curious as well...

what happens when a thread is deleted is that some people share that piece of forum history and some don\'t. Some discussions will for example be confusing in the future because some has missed harsh words uttered between forum members. And that might actually lead to the same issues being taken up again instead of the opposite. The positive part is that it might be brought up in a more reflected/thought through way perhaps.

I\'m a bit ambivalent to the phenomenon.. perhaps also because it would be that last thing I\'d do IRL when there is a conflict. I\'d just take the \"children\" by their ears and have them apology to each other.. :)

Has Reverend left? Surely not over that? Could it be true?

Default In way of explanation

You are correct on that point Avelorn, that not being privy to past threads allows us to make the same mistakes, hence my apology.

I accidently touched on an old animosty, assuming it was well enough into the past not to bother anyone.

However, during my recent 6 month hiatus from CMON, this particular subject had come up again, unknown to me, and had re-kindled those ancient hatreds.

My bad :(

@Tahn- Rev hasn\'t left, I think he\'s just taking one of his usual CMON vacations. When someone leaves they become an Administrator. :D

Rev will be back, sooner or later. As surely as the sun will be back up tomorrow.

@markus: I\'ve been informed what happened.. and I kind of agree that the thread had to go. Shame. I\'d still take the children by their ear though.

Well, I was completely confused for a while there. Not that that is exactly new territory for me, but... I was afraid that I\'d gotten your thread closed on you, Markus, somehow for posting Duende\'s old photo. Not that I knew how that could\'ve done it, but...

Anyways, it\'s a shame that your thread got closed over people being too petty.

*edit* at least I HOPE that\'s not why oyur thread got closed.

Blog Entries

lol Bring it on Donna! I\'m sure Vikey would be best pleased :P

Rev cant\' leave, he\'s tied to this little universe!
    I don\'t get all the vitriol, but If someone pisses me off I think its fair to let them know about it! Don\'t you?!

@Markus. I doubt VERY much that the thread was closed because of it\'s subject.
    I was a little disappointed it was closed also, sometimes a good stouch clears out the cobwebs.

Originally posted by wiccanponyp.s. your right, you wouldn\'t want to see this old witch half naked. but do I care.....pffffffffffff:P
    Well now, that might depend on what half.;)

Sorry.

I did not delete the thread, but rather moved it to a MODS ONLY section for further review. It essentially makes it \'disappear\' to forum goers.

I had said in the thread earlier to please knock of the personal attacks, but they not only continued, but began to escalate.

What would you have me do?

If I don\'t close the thread, I am accused of allowing personal attacks, if I do close the thread I am accused of hypocrisy.

I\'d prefer not to have to close threads.

The thread was moved because of personal attacks, plain and simple.

Originally posted by Avelorn
    I always get confused with thread deletes.. and very curious as well...

what happens when a thread is deleted is that some people share that piece of forum history and some don\'t. Some discussions will for example be confusing in the future because some has missed harsh words uttered between forum members. And that might actually lead to the same issues being taken up again instead of the opposite. The positive part is that it might be brought up in a more reflected/thought through way perhaps.

I\'m a bit ambivalent to the phenomenon.. perhaps also because it would be that last thing I\'d do IRL when there is a conflict. I\'d just take the \"children\" by their ears and have them apology to each other.. :)
    What happened in the thread? I logged in today and looked for that thread, I assumed that markus had deleted it. I am disappointed to hear that it was a moderator.

I agree with the post that I\'ve quoted, I would go further and say that deleting threads is rather unacceptable. As an adult I would prefer that the mods not censor what I can and cannot be exposed to.

Really, what did get said in that thread?

Originally posted by supervike

What would you have me do?

I\'d prefer not to have to close threads.
    I think thread locks are ok, whetherthe lock down is explained or not (it\'s usually fairly obvious). Deletions are something different though. It should be moved back to the main forum, open or closed.

I was confused myself. The last time I saw the thread, dauber had dredged up at old pic of me and Markus was needing some \"alone time\". I mentioned putting a more recent pic of myself in the PYP thread, ..then I had to go get some work done and when I came back, the thread was gone! ?? I was thinking \"Oh my god, the mods hate the way I look!\" and this was their way of telling me not to post any more pics because that one was just way too scary. :D

I heard through the grapevine that it was because somebody had something to say to me, althought I didn\'t hear the details, I\'m sure it was nothing important. :innocent:

I tried taking some pictures with my webcam today, but now I\'m afraid to post any! I don\'t want the PYP thread being closed! :(

:cry: