Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Markus Tay

<are you trying to sex me up?>
    Do you want me to? lol
    Lets just be Friends...:P

Originally posted by laurence
    I remember following the legendary Alexi Z & Klute thread with great interest. I was really looking forward to seeing how their painted versions of the \'Nataylia\' mini was going to turn out.

Was the competition dropped?
    I can only presume so!

Originally posted by supervike

The reason I moved it to the MODS AREA was so I could discuss it with the other mods. Maybe that will still happen.
    And if you put it back, I will simply delete it, and the heat will be on me, not you.

I meant it as a good-natured ribbing at several of our esteemed members, but I under-estimated the maturity of the forums.

I also was interested in knowing if the same redundant threads actually got people ticked, or did they take them in stride like me.

Seeing the same thread every few months (weeks?) really isn\'t so bad, because some folks didn\'t see it the first time around.

For instance, I was happy seeing the \'300\' thread, even though other folks pointed out it\'s been done twice. I wasn\'t around the first two times, so now I got to see it. Can\'t we all get to enjoy everything, since we have so many similar interests?

At least, that was the direction I was hoping for, but it turned sour. No big deal, life goes on, etc...

In retrospect, I\'m glad it went away. I would hate to see us lose another incredible talent they way we lost Sturmhalo, just because a lot of people disliked him.

Originally posted by Dammekkos2
    I disagree, it was wrong to remove the thread.
    You didn\'t see what was in the thread, did you? It contained very blatant breaches of the forum rules that we all agreed to when we signed up here! I\'m no fan of heavy-handed moderating, but I can\'t say that was the case here. You can have an allowing approach to the rules as a moderator but there\'s a point where you HAVE to start enforcing the rules or you will make yourself defunct as a moderator and this particular case was beyond that point.

Jim did right, as far as I\'m concerned!

Originally posted by Ritual
    Jim, you\'ve got my vote too

@Dammekkos: its \'wrong\' to break forum rules, so either way someone was going to get annoyed with it. And I think that it is better that it is annoyance due to an over sensitivity to authority rather than due to personal insults.

Originally posted by ipaintminis
    I\'m sorry that we disagree, but I\'m not going to go back and forth.

hate to burst your bubble if thats what you were planning on. :)
    Drat, my bubble is well and truly burst, my plans in tatters.

Yes whilst the bit you quoted is fairly plain and just repetition, the main point of that post was the other bit that you haven\'t quoted. Leaving it like that just seemed too abrupt.

You didn\'t see what was in the thread, did you?
    Yeah, that is my main concern, but I guess I will shut up now. It\'s apparent that the thread will not be moved back or will be deleted if it is.

Originally posted by Avicenna
    ...its \'wrong\' to break forum rules, so either way someone was going to get annoyed with it. And I think that it is better that it is annoyance due to an over sensitivity to authority rather than due to personal insults.
    This is not an authority issue, it is about censorship. I don\'t want to sound like some sort of crazy person banging on about censorship, but I have no problems with the mods here. They\'re fairly even-handed. It\'s just a shame that they have seen fit to delete that thread.

Sorry for the multiple posts I have left throughout this thread, I am currently without a copy/paste function.

It\'s just a shame that they have seen fit to delete that thread.
    I agree, but I blame our own lack of self-moderation that has forced the mods\' hands. Its not indescriminate censorship of the masses but a removal of what I presume (as I have not seen it either) was inflammatory or derogatory material, and perfectly within the rights of the moderation team.

Originally posted by Avicenna
    It\'s just a shame that they have seen fit to delete that thread.
    I agree, but I blame our own lack of self-moderation that has forced the mods\' hands. Its not indescriminate censorship of the masses but a removal of what I presume (as I have not seen it either) was inflammatory or derogatory material, and perfectly within the rights of the moderation team.
    Couldnt agree more - one of the reasons I dont spend as much time here as I used to was because of the sniping, arguments between people and the general undertone of nastiness that seemed to be creaping in - too much like real life!

Trouble is I have a morbid curiousity and secretly want to know what was causing so much trouble - sad!

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

You didn\'t see what was in the thread, did you? It contained very blatant breaches of the forum rules that we all agreed to when we signed up here! I\'m no fan of heavy-handed moderating, but I can\'t say that was the case here. You can have an allowing approach to the rules as a moderator but there\'s a point where you HAVE to start enforcing the rules or you will make yourself defunct as a moderator and this particular case was beyond that point.

DITTO
    This is not an authority issue, it is about censorship. I don\'t want to sound like some sort of crazy person banging on about censorship, but I have no problems with the mods here. They\'re fairly even-handed. It\'s just a shame that they have seen fit to delete that thread.
    Your rights of free speech here ended when you agreed to become a member. This is a private forum. Think of it as Chern\'s house. If he doesn\'t want to hear what you are saying, he has the right to throw you out. And he has extended that privledge to a select few friends - the Mods. This has generally been a very open forum with several topics discussed that usually end in lockaga, deletions or member bannings on other forums. We have waded through the second ammendment, religion, and a host of other topics that could have exploded on us. Some contributed, some contributed by not posting, some just kept their mouths shut. Overall, we\'ve done pretty well.

I was reading the thread as it was deleted. What was said on the deleted thread does not further anything to CMON or its members and did in fact have a high negative value as opposed to spam that has only neutral value. If we had remained as civil as we had in some of those other threads, the discussions might still be continuing. But that was not the case.

P.S. Try Control+C to copy and Control +V to paste.(not sure if that works on a mac?)

its command-c and command-v on a mac.

Originally posted by airhead

Your rights of free speech here ended when you agreed to become a member. This is a private forum. Think of it as Chern\'s house. If he doesn\'t want to hear what you are saying, he has the right to throw you out. And he has extended that privledge to a select few friends - the Mods. This has generally been a very open forum with several topics discussed that usually end in lockaga, deletions or member bannings on other forums. We have waded through the second ammendment, religion, and a host of other topics that could have exploded on us. Some contributed, some contributed by not posting, some just kept their mouths shut. Overall, we\'ve done pretty well.

I was reading the thread as it was deleted. What was said on the deleted thread does not further anything to CMON or its members and did in fact have a high negative value as opposed to spam that has only neutral value. If we had remained as civil as we had in some of those other threads, the discussions might still be continuing. But that was not the case.

P.S. Try Control+C to copy and Control +V to paste.(not sure if that works on a mac?)
    I agree. I have never presumed to have any right of free speech here, and thus far the mods have done an admirable job of policing the forum. Thank you for the shortcut tip, that will come in very handy.

Hey all. I just want to apologise, I thought this might be at least partly my fault and it was!
    I said something I shouldn\'t have (I was having a bad day :rolleyes: ).

Sorry to you especially Markus.

Blog Entries

I found it morbidly funny...
    But you\'re right, shame on you! :P

As for the \"freedom of speech\" issue, I find this forum to be quite a liberating place! Theres no end to topics where people can voice their opinions!

Fair enough, \" I hope you die screaming, asshole\", isn\'t a tolerated \"opinion\". But it\'s just courtesy to avoid such things.

Vikey/chewed shoes/ enough said lol
    But I think he did good ;)

@ Dr.Evil - I don\'t even recall what you said at all, as there were at least 4 other members (myself included) that had resorted to mud-slinging and/or name calling. But if you want me to be mad at you, so be it. :D

@Airhead - Light green?! I\'m 43 years old! I can\'t read a thing you said. Please use blue or red next time, thanks.

@Dammekkos2 - Multiple posting is in direct violation of the forum rules, and therefore THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE DELETED. :P

People, I would delete this thread because I\'m in agreement with Vike now, except then you guys will wonder what happened to this thread. I\'m starting to feel like a Drama Queen here, and I don\'t even look good in a dress.

For you Jerry Springer types, what was said wouldn\'t have been so bad had it been between two members who liked each other. It would have been taken as good-natured ribbing. However, taking into consideration the personalities involved, things were said with obvious venom, and constitute a personal attack.

A direct violation of FORUM RULES. :mad:

Having rehashed the entire thing in my mind, I am not even sure who was to blame for that; it was sort of a slow build-up. I was at fault in as much that I was called an A-hole, and at the time retaliated with \'Dikhed\'.

Now I realize that the other forum member was correct, and I am an A-hole, although the actual shape of his head is still in question. ;)

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Markus, sorry. I set my CMON to a dark blue background and the other colors are very hard for me to read as well. I have found if you select them they invert and become legible.

Default Just testing a theory...

Now, if this thread disappears, we\'ll know for sure it was one of us, Duende lol

It is my person theory, despite what\'s been said, that Vikey moved the thread so that he alone could see your picture :D I can\'t say for sure because he pulled a black canvas bag over my head. There are strange noises emmanating from his side, but that could just be him chewing on Markus\' shoes.;)

Now look what you\'ve gone and done Dauber, you created a hole in the space-time continuum. Bill is posting tomorrow!

Once the Evil Dauber brought Duende\'s pic to HIS universe, it cannot also exist here...

I fear you\'ve really gone and done it this time, anomalies are appearing in other threads as well. We are all DOOMED! :o

Originally posted by Nomis
    ...Trouble is I have a morbid curiousity and secretly want to know what was causing so much trouble - sad!
    Same here! I didn\'t read the thread, but now I\'m interested :duh: