Strigoi vampire (my second scratch built mini)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strigoi vampire (my second scratch built mini)

Default Strigoi vampire (my second scratch built mini)

Hey guys... long time no posting.
    I have begun today my second scratch build miniature: a strigoi vampire.
    I am still at the beginning, and I have only drown a sketch of what the mini will look like made the armature.
    The main idea is that the vampire has just transformed into a bat-like creature.
    Enjoy:
    concept:

armature:

cheers

the start of it looks good. I think with the stance of the mini you have going, you should bring the wings down so it looks like he\'s taking off in flight.

OK so lets see the next installment. The trouble with these wips is waiting for the next bit.

Well, your armiture thingie looks better than my finished sculptures. :drunk:

@Ogrebane: have faith :D . the model is a birthday present for a friend of mine that plays vampire counts... and his birthday was the last week.. so I better get this mini ready ASAP.

Today I had some time to spare during my lunch time, so I worked hard on the model.
    Though, first, I\'ll post pics of the model, as I left it last night:

As you can see, I have greenstuffed the legs and arms, and I added some muscles on the chest and back part.

cheers

From the initial concept sketch I picture this character screaming at the heavens bemoaning the curse that he lives under (nottoo familiar with the whole Strigoi concept and whether it is a curse or not but that\'s how it looks to me). As such, this has the potential of being a very dramtic piece and I look forward to seeing your progress.

And this is the second step, done today: legs and left arm (I really had no time to start the right one).

any rough GS will be sanded down in the appropriate moment...
    for now, enjoy these pics

cheers

IMO, the thighs look way too big....if you want to keep the thighs that big, you\'re going to have to bulk up the abdominal area into the upper torso on the sides. the front looks fine, but since it\'s not bulked at the sides, it looks too skiny. I would also make the area in the armpits a little bigger leading into the torso.

The concept and executiong of the sculpting looks great though. I like the pose alot. He looks like he\'s going to say, \"Bring it on!\"

thanx War0827 for the tips. Now that you tell me, his butt looks too little, and needs a butt-implant.
    Remember, though, that I will sculpt fur on this guy (you can see where the fur is going to go looking at the concept sketch) and with the fur, it will get a lot bigger.
    thanx
    keep the suggestions coming.
    cheers

I think your proportions are pretty good. You may need to clean up the lines between the muscles tho ie his gut as some are a little to deep otherwise it looks great.

ps. I hope hes going to at least wear a loin cloth or he will be way creepy

@Ogrebane: actually I was thinking on leaving him naked, like his mother made him... cheerslol ... uhh.. now that is a creepy vision... no, being serious, I will sculpt fur on his... private parts.

I have done some more additions:
    I have finished the right arm and added feet (with missing talons)
    the horse is there to work as a proportion reference (he is quite big)

Here is another pic showing the next step: I have added a head (still very WIP) and the hands (with missing talons)... though I don\'t really like how the hands came out, and I will re-do them today during my lunch time.

By now it looks like a Super Seyan from Dragon Ball Z... keep posted for more updates.

cheers

This looks like it\'s gonna be a good WIP.
    Keep up the good work

By now it looks like a Super Seyan from Dragon Ball Z... keep posted for more updates.

cheers
    Now that you mention it, he does look alot like Majin Bu when he was skinny....he must be yelling and screaming to focus his energy....lol.
    Good work so far, keep us posted. :beer:

Other updates ready.
    I finished the face and added a pair of better hands (even though I am re-thinking about talons again...).
    Late last night, I also started the wings, added the veins and fur. Though it was too late to take pics of this step, so, for now, enjoy these pics:

cheers

Here the pics I was talking about earlier:
    I have added fur and some veins.

here you can how the wings are coming, and how the model will look like once finished:

cheers

Few updates:
    I added talons in the rear of the legs; I added spikes here and there.. which don\'t have any particular meaning, they just give a demonic look to it; I changed the teeth (with brown stuff they are a lot better). I also added a skull necklace for the looks of it.
    For what concerns the talons on the hands, my brother suggested me to add wolverine-like talons... I\'ll see what I can do, and then post pics.

Are here are pics:

these are the un-finished wings:

this is how the model will look like once finished

And this is another size comparison (he is quite big)

cheers

wow. it\'s coming along nicely. Love the wings. They make him look so much taller than he should. He puts fear into the spearman.lol

I would say the model is pretty much done, though I still need to dremmel out some parts here and there; plus I was thinking to put fur on the arms of the wings or not... what do you think?
    So, what I\'ve done is attach the wings and build an appropriate muscle structure to carry up the weight; and I\'ve also redone the veins
    Sorry for the poor picture illumination, but I took the pics during my lunch time:

Now all I need to do is think about the colour scheme and the base.
    For the base, I was thinking about a tomb stone, with Enrico\'s name and birth date carved in it... spooky, but very vampire-like...
    as for the color scheme, I was thinking a grey pallet, since I imagine it as a anemic vampire.
    Thoughts? suggestions?

cheers

The model needs a little bit of sanding on some rough spots. The ideas you have a great, but I don\'t think he\'s very anemic vampire....:]

Dude this guy is ripped!! I love it! One of the better Strigoi Vampires that I have seen. Besides it being nice to see from start to finish(or present condition)

Love the wings and pose and well pretty much everything about it, though I wonder if the fangs aren\'t a little too long.