Hey Americans! and for the rest too I guess - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Americans! and for the rest too I guess

Default Vote Early, Vote Often

Yeah, Marcus, voting shenanegans are quite bipartison. In Kennedy-Nixon it\'s been speculated that the entire margin of victory was comprised of dead people \"living\" in and around Chicago. :rolleyes: I realize that an election that took place in 1959 is ancient history for most people here, but...

Well, I went and did the votey-thingie. I feel kinda guilty about it though, since my majority of TV watching is Animal Planet or Cartoon Network, I don\'t know much about their platforms. I do think I was the youngest person there, by about 20 years or so. :rolleyes:

Here\'s a good cartoon for ya...

The only Republican I ever voted for - Alfonse D\'amato

I told my father I voted for him, and he flipped out. At the time of the election he was under indictment, and was involved with numerous scandals with mob bosses and giving state contracts to family members.

I told my dad that congress was nothing more then a room full of corrupt crooks, all trying to grab the biggest pile of Federal money for their state. If you had to be represented in a room full of thieves, wouldn\'t you want the biggest and best thief on your side?

;):D

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:D I voted weeks ago....... it was a hard choice...small yappy dog or bag of leaves ;)lol:drunk:

Blog Entries

Blair or Bush???

Iiiinteresting...

Well I just did the vote thing..It looks like Ohio is going to toss all the republicans it can out of office this time around. It should prove interesting. We also have many high impact issues on the ballot one for a state wide ban on smokeing in indoor public places and the other to allow slot machines at race tracks.

So I wonder which news network will call races the quickest tonight and at what time. Im betting by 7:15 Eastern they will be calling the east coast races.

Oh the ladys at the polling station said they were allready over 50% in my area by 12:30

I voted last week via early voting. Here in Colorado (and a lot of places nationwide apparently) we just went to electronic voting. I wanted to make sure I had time and there wasn\'t a big line. Anyway, it really seems hard to get too excited as years of gerrymandering by both sides have made almost all of the districts heavily slanted to one party or the other. There were some interesting topics for Colorado this year with a legalizing marijuana initiative and gay marriage proposals. I will be up late tonight to see how everything goes as though I am cynical about it I am still fascinated by the process.

Default Early voting

Hey Baltius your in Colorado as well. Man some times I think I\'m alone out here.

Any way, I did the early vote thing as well. The new computer voting machines scare me a little. I want a paper trail, no matter how cumbersome it is.

I will be up late as well, love the drama of a close important election.

I agree. I am both fascinated & disgusted by the process. I am also hugely cynical. I predict that, nationwide, Democrats will trounce Republicans, enough so that control of the House will probably change. I also boldly predict that there won\'t be any REAL substanive change. I also boldly predict that, in 2 years if the Democrats can manage to field at least a semi-viable candidate, that they\'ll take back the presidency... and there STILL won\'t be any REAL substantive change :(

Originally posted by dauber22
    I agree. I am both fascinated & disgusted by the process. I am also hugely cynical. I predict that, nationwide, Democrats will trounce Republicans, enough so that control of the House will probably change. I also boldly predict that there won\'t be any REAL substanive change. I also boldly predict that, in 2 years if the Democrats can manage to field at least a semi-viable candidate, that they\'ll take back the presidency... and there STILL won\'t be any REAL substantive change :(
    Real bold, Dauber. lol:rolleyes:
    I predict birds will fly and fish will swim! lol

(Edit: that read harsher than meant... I completely agree with you.)

I think your opinion is best expressed by comedian lewis Black -

Lewis Black on Politics

You have to get about 1/3 of the way through the video before he discusses the difference between Democrats and Republicans.

I recently saw a \"Don\'t Blame Me. I Voted for Nader\" bumper sticker. That was a good one.

I\'ll wait for the \"Don\'t Blame Me -- I Voted for Vader\" one.

-Kep

Originally posted by EArkham
    I\'ll wait for the \"Don\'t Blame Me -- I Voted for Vader\" one.

-Kep
    Can\'t be any worse than the ones we\'ve got :D

Well I heard someone said the difference of democrats and republicans are mostly rethorical. When the deomcrats screw you, they at least do it politely. lol

Found an enlightening video on the differences

Originally posted by frenchkid
    Ahhhh, American elections are always fun to watch. I just love those campain comercials :D
    I will hereby sum up what my current impression of US electioneering is:

*Do you trust Joe Blow to be honest in congress? Joe Blow called a phone sex line from his congressional office last year it was a wrong number and he hung up right away.
    *Do you trust Joe Blow to support our troops? Joe Blow Voted for federal funding to study pedophiles\' reading habits, but NOT to fund new body armor for our soldiers in Iraq he missed the armor vote because his mother was dying.
    *Do you believe Joe Blow represents your FAMILY VALUES? Joe Blow has been married for twenty years but has no children his wife had an ovarectomy due to cancer.

Joe Blow - Against the War on Terror. Against families. Against America.
    paid for by Friends of Jim Blim, an independant PAC.
    I have never heard of dirtier politics in a developed, democratic nation, than that of the last few American elections. You all need to do a serious house cleaning. Campaigning like this should be an instant ticket to political joblessness, regardess of the offender\'s party affiliation.

@Avelorn - lollollollollol My god! Doesn\'t that sum it all up rather succinctly :D

@hakoMike - No worries. :D No offense taken.

@Markus - Damn, I like that Lewis Black. Can I write him in for governour?

I have yet to hear a single add this year that didn\'t make me want to vote against the politician that sponsored it.

I especially like the ones that tell us what bills someone voted against. We\'re just supposed to be pissed because the politician voted against some core value or something. Well, one of the ways I would distinguish a politician who deserves respect from one who doesn\'t is whether or not he will look at the details. The devil is always in the details, and good politicians will vote against a bill because of those details. Then they get punished for it when all the public hears (and apparently cares about) is that they voted against some sacred cow.

Here in Arizona the big issue this time is border security. I\'m all for knowing who\'se here and who isn\'t, but some of these guys make it sound like we\'re at war with Mexico. One guy actually set up his commercial with this glorious military music, started his narrative about the dangers of modern times, and then told us all about how as an American Patriot he stood guard on the borders. ...yeah, from Paco, who wants to pick our beans.

Freakin amazing!

@Markus - Damn, I like that Lewis Black. Can I write him in for governour?
    No, but if you move back to Texas you can elect Kinky Freedman.

I always vote, and typically vote as \'right\' as I can. :drunk:

The right makes right don\'t you know. :drunk: