Jeremie Bonamant Teboul Painting Classes – Berlin Workshop!

Thread: Jeremie Bonamant Teboul Painting Classes – Berlin Workshop!

Default Jeremie Bonamant Teboul Painting Classes – Berlin Workshop!

Hi Di Ho!

Some months ago Jeremie Bonamant Teboul decided to have some Painting Classes in Germany... his choice felt on Berlin as the Capital, so, here we go...:D...

The Workshop starts from 05th of January 2007 and ends on the 7th... The place is Berlin, Germany... Jeremies main goals are to improve the painting skill of the pupils to a higher degree... he will individually teach every pupil some of his techniques, style... tricks... It´s really worth it...:)...

I think you all know who Jeremie Bonamant Teboul is (most definately you know at least one of his minis, for sure...;)...)...

3 Slayer Swords, 10 Golden Demons, 6 Silver Demons, 10 Bronze Demons... All in all 26 (!) Demons... Besides, he has won several smaller competitions, his work has been featured in White Dwarfs, Andrea Miniatures Publikations and several other occasions...

Here you have his Website...

http://www.jeremie-bonamant.com/index.php?page=sitefr...

You get an introduction in Miniature painting, from the Beginning to the End... this is a course is adressed to painters with some skill (shouldn´t be the best at all, just the general stuff to follow Jeremies instructions properly...)...

There are 10 free places... After this there is a list of 5 People, who can participate if some other won´t be able to come... so PLEASE hurry up, there are not many left...

The costs will be 75 EURO (98,3850 Dollars, 50,8180 Pounds, about 290 Polish Zloty...:rolleyes:...)...

Things, that are included in this price: The Workshop itself, the Workshop Miniature (Enigma Miniatures...)...

Things, which are NOT included:
    Accomodation and Food / Drinks for the three days (we may help you out find a solution for this one... Please ask us...), Travelling Costs, Colors, Brushes, other hobby stuff (but fear not, Berlin is not a small village, I am sure we can buy anything you need right at the spot...)...

Sorry, I know that there´s not much time left, but it was verys hard to plan everything / coordinate, so... there might be another Workshop soon (again in Germany, probably in Berlin...), but there is nothing too sure...

The Workshop will be held in English... Jeremie has an Own Translator with him... he speaks a bit English, but he doen´t want to offend anyone (he thinks it´s baaad...:D...), so...

Besides Jeremie there will be some well-known artists as well... I can´t tell you yet, who exactly, but I think that the amount of Demons will be really big...:D...

So, if you really want to improve your Skills or / and if you want to meet some fellow painters and have a nice time together in one of Europes Capitals, please feel free to participate...:D...

Here you have the Poster for the Event (in German... well...)...

If you have any questions concerning... well, quite anything, please feel free to contact us at: workshopberlin@web.de ... You can send me an PM, too...:)...

The list of Participaters will follow soon...

oh damn...

i may have to pester my german teacher to organise another trip to berlin....oh and pester parents for pennys.

james:(

So... you will come...?...

I can put you on the \"Maybe\" list...;)...

Oh and I can tell you how much does a hostel cost in Berlin...

no sorry id love to but cant you could put me in the extra special vip list with free evrything......

but i think not.Ill have to grow abit yet;)

Someone else coming...?... We got only 3 places left...

He should set one up next year in the UK, maybe at the Daemons in Nottingham. I have been thinking for some time that I really need to learn from someone.

Here a quick list...

Participants:

1.) GeOrc ...

2.) TIN...

3.) illusionsrip ...

4.) -Drake- (aka Vanilli......)...

5.) Mirni...

6.) Martin...

7.) HOHO...

8.) Saphod...

9.) Habichtshorst...

Not sure / waiting list:

1.) jimraynor ...

2.) Oli...

3.) Szary...

On the list, but don´t count to the 10 Participants maximum:

Ben Komets...

Matt Cexwish...

To the participants...:)...

It´s not just about the workshop itself, but also to show each other one´s work... so, please make sure you bring some of your minis with you, I think there might be a free minute for that...:)...

Jeremie will bring some of his minis, Ben Komets has some demon winning work there, I have some demon stuff, too...

Happy time...:P...

To all Participants, I need your E-Mail QUICKLY, so I can send you an important text...

Furthermore I will give you the Bank Account... So please post your E-Mail here......

The Text... Some chosen bits...

Mini Class : What’s the Deal ?
    Don’t have the age for summer camps anymore ? You’re not keen on ClubMed ? Painting with just some old magazines and Internet is as motivating as a diner with your stepparents ? Come and do a mini class, to paint minis. !
    For three days, 12 mini painters will meet to share pleasure and progress and under the well-advised critics and the motivating whip lashes of a professional painter.

Theoretic presentations to remind you of the general concept and principals of painting and an alternance between collective demonstrations and individual teachings make these classes intensive learning experiences. The mini teacher adapts his lessons to every participant to allow everyone an evolution adapted to his level, his personality, and his level. The passion with witch participants share their experience, puts in place an atmosphere charged with creative energy and enthusiasm, which exalts students of all ages and of all levels. Whether you are a beginner or a confirmed painter you will feel at ease and right where you belong

List of mandatory material for participants :

Brushes of Different and appropriate sizes. I highly recommend the raphaël 8404 T0, 8400 T0, 8404 T 2/0. The end result will really show the difference while you work and assimilate new technique. You can find them in good art stores. Sometimes the organizer does a grouped command, contact him in that case.
    Various acrylic paints : Prefer the Games Workshop ones, Prince August or model colors are ok, stay clear of Rackham and Andrea.
    Super glue
    Lights : Two if possible with daylight bulb or powerful (100W is fine). Small bedside lamps are to stay away from. Prefer lamp that can be oriented like architect’s lamps.
    Cutter, various files, X-acto, scalpel and blades
    Hand dremel, wire of different diameter (0.7, 0.8, 0.9 mm)
    Eventually the theme mini of the class, unless the organizer is charged with getting them.
    Come with colored cloths. Trust me on that.
    Don’t forget to come with your old minis to show off, for a more personalized class and to get a sense of your progression.

Preferred complementary List
    (Don’t take too much stuff if you’re coming by train):
    Thin sandpaper 800 or 1000
    Base material, static grass, sand, small rocks.
    GreenStuff/Milliput (the red box is nice)
    Games Workshop undercoats white and/or black
    Sticky paste
    Portable computer and some blank Cds, getting reference material is very useful
    Sculpting tools
    Everything ells you might need.

Material Jeremie puts personally at your disposition
    (Depending on the weight he’s allowed to carry) :
    Same as all the participants.
    Artificial grass, and various basing material.
    Mat varnish (Talens), Medium (Pebeo) and Enamels
    Photo studio and Camera (to take the WIPs and the end result )
    A computer with lots of reference material
    A card adaptor to transfer the pics of the stage and eventually burn some Cds.
    A hair dryer to make base coats faster.
    Dictaphone to make note taking faster.
    Stupid music Cds

FAQ
    Following a discussion on Forums and during preceding classes, here’s a FAQ to prepare the classes correctly.

Q1) what is the layout of the days ?
    No two classes are the same. My professional experience at Illyade games and Andrea have contributed to make my technique change and improve. My technique and priorities change. So my advice and technique change from class to class. The schedule also depends of the class mini, of the student’s level and what they want to do. But, usually the three days are usually cut out as follows. Prep work the first day, technical exercises the second day ( blend, washes, glazes,…), and then a more artistic opening the third day (colors, mood, ect.)
    Day1 : Removing mold lines, filing, milliput juices, dilution, color theory, Once all is understood it allows us to concentrate on the actual application of theory,
    Day2 : Zenithal lighting theory and application, highlighting and shading….the mastering of blending then allows the more theoretical concepts and some specifics…
    Day3 : Color theories and application, skin and Face, Light points… It’s often the face and the richness of its tints that allows me to start on this…

Then on the last half day, we go on to more relaxing things : Metals ( NMM or not), freehand, gems, details, Varnish, enamels, bases, base material, paints, how to use natural bas material, compositions.. We also do an examination of the various mistakes made during the class by going back on them.

Q2) what are the Daily hours?
    9h-14h then 14h-19h is already very dense. If the room is available later on in the day students always appreciate some more relaxing painting and free.
    Q3) how do the days fold out ?
    In the morning, spirits behind more awake, I do more delicate subjects ( faces, blending). I do the difficult theories and application that require high level of alert. The afternoon is more of a more personal application. I noticed that progress largely show themselves on the second day, and even more so on the third day. So theory is mostly on the first two-day and application on the last two.

So... Here you have the Time and Meeting Point for the First Workshop...

Begin / Time: Friday, 05.01.2007, 10:00 am

Meeting Point: In Front of the UdK (Universität der Künste zu Berlin), Hardenbergstraße 33... alternatively at 09:30 am in front of the Aletto Hotel, if you stay there...)...

To a GREAT new year and a suberb start into more Miniature Madness...:D...