Harbinger issue 27 – FREE pdf download out now!

Thread: Harbinger issue 27 – FREE pdf download out now!

Default Harbinger issue 27 – FREE pdf download out now!

Harbinger 27 is chock full of mini goodness and is ready for download now at www.harbingermagazine.com. This months high lights include,

• Hasselfree’s super sculptor and main man Kev white shares his sculpting secrets in a step by step guide to a new version of Shimmer.

• In Unnatural Alliances Confrontation players go back in time to before the current factions have established themselves, for the opportunity to shape Aarklash forever.

• Chris Gilders walks us through the creation of an army for his generic Sci-Fi rules No Quarter.

• Take a look at the winning entrants from the third on line painting competition from minipainters.com.

• The fate of a planet hangs in the balance in The Destabilization of Power scenario for Infinity.

• Dwarves face off against the Undead in the Trial at Bölmir Valley for Battleground.

• More Robin Hood fun in “I shot the Sheriff”

Due to server problems the print files for issue 26 never made it onto the site last month. Both issue 26 and 27 print files will be ready for download on Wednesday 29th November. These files will initially be free allowing you the freedom to print the articles of your choice as a hard copy, but in the New Year the print files will have a small charge of $1 per download. The revenue generated from these files will be used to clear the debts of old subscribers.

We are always on the look out for new ideas, so if you have a bright idea and can sting the odd sentence together then please get in touch and you could see your work in print.

Mark Lanckham
    Editor Harbinger Magazine
    www.harbingermagazine.com

Great stuff like always!

I really like the pdf format....it was more fun holding the mag in my hands, but such is life!!

Blog Entries

Great stuff! Thanks.

Is it still for Acrobat 7+ only? Unfortunately the 6+ versions don\'t run on Windows ME which I have here.

Edit: ok cool. Acrobat gives a warning but can still open the issue. Well done.

Edit 2: issue 26 still doesn\'t open. Still don\'t know what happens with old subscriptions.

Great issue, a shame this isn\'t still in print but great to read none the less. Whatever happened to the game that was under production form you guys?

A voice of Criticism here.

To me other than the Kev White and the Minipainters articles there was very little of interest.
    It\'s very slow to download and the Embedded Flash/Quicktime make it even slower. Even on the 48Mb connection we have at work it\'s very slow to access, took me 3 attempts and approx 10 mins to download. For anyone on Dial up it must be a complete nightmare or not worth the effort. It strikes me that with these embedded items, there is at the moment a touch of \"Style over Content\".

Now I will admit that the hiatus of Harbinger has probably lead to a lack of articles being available and I can understand and appreciate the situation. But to me the attempt to make a comeback with a Flashy item isn\'t working. With all projects the key to effectiveness is K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) and to be honest it seems as if some of the criticisms which were made of Harbinger (while in print) are still prevalent in this version.

One question - The harbringer of fire, limited edition fella. I would like to preorder one, but how much is it going to be? I can\'t find the price anywhere on the website.

Blog Entries

Love that Kev White stuff: Anyone seen this from Hasslefree?

I love her tummy, Yum Yum!

Default Lucy & Aslan - The Later Years

:D

Originally posted by philologus

Take it you like watching Narnia alot then Dauber lol

It\'ll end the same way as Drew Barrymore. :( ET told her to be good.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    A voice of Criticism here.

To me other than the Kev White and the Minipainters articles there was very little of interest.
    It\'s very slow to download and the Embedded Flash/Quicktime make it even slower. Even on the 48Mb connection we have at work it\'s very slow to access, took me 3 attempts and approx 10 mins to download. For anyone on Dial up it must be a complete nightmare or not worth the effort. It strikes me that with these embedded items, there is at the moment a touch of \"Style over Content\".

Now I will admit that the hiatus of Harbinger has probably lead to a lack of articles being available and I can understand and appreciate the situation. But to me the attempt to make a comeback with a Flashy item isn\'t working. With all projects the key to effectiveness is K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) and to be honest it seems as if some of the criticisms which were made of Harbinger (while in print) are still prevalent in this version.

I agree with you completely...GET RID OF ALL THE ANIMATED AND FLASH CRAP!!! And just make a nice down loadable and easy to read file. I got annoyed with it and just closed the file after a while.

Well I tried 3 times to open the file for a look see and it didnt load so I closed it down.