Is there INTELLIGENT life Elsewhere in the Universe?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there INTELLIGENT life Elsewhere in the Universe?

Default Is there INTELLIGENT life Elsewhere in the Universe?

Inspired by those Pictures of Mars in another thread...

Blog Entries

Of course there is - but why the hell we think they are here rectally probing rednecks is beyond me.lol

You mean to say that there is intelligent life here?:rolleyes:

Maybe you should have asked \"Is the INTELLIGENT life AT ALL in the Universe?\" :]
    I\'m not sure we qualify to be labelled \"intelligent\"... :no:

Anyway, I picked the \"Possibly, but we\'ll never find them\" alternative. The time and energy requirements to travel even to the closest star systems are too demanding.

I had to go for the \"Possibly, but we\'ll never find them\" option too. I can\'t believe that we are the best there is in the entire universe. As for never finding them... they\'re more intelligent than us and therefore exceptionally good at hide and seek. :P

@ hubbabubba and Ritual: There is intelligent life here on Earth: dolphins.

Other planets? Of course. If there isn\'t, then Earth is a fluke, an anomaly. We are an abberration.

Originally posted by Hinton
    @ hubbabubba and Ritual: There is intelligent life here on Earth: dolphins.

Other planets? Of course. If there isn\'t, then Earth is a fluke, an anomaly. We are an abberration.
    As opposed to Sweden which is an Abbanation...

...sorry :redface: slow day at work.

Default well..

Well of course GW is evil.

:D

Sanjay

ps: i think there is intelligent life elsewhere, but who knows if we\'ll ever be able to prove it.

We may not need to \"Travel\" in a conventional A - B sense.

There are all sorts of theories, and \"warp space\" has not been completely discounted as yet. Travelling through wormholes (or stargates hehe) is also a possibility if we can somehow avoid being disintegrated on the way through lol

Statistically there must be SOMETHING out there, and as far as I\'m concerned, we MAY be the most \"advanced\" and \"intelligent\" creatures in the universe SO FAR - just because it took us this long to get where we are now doesn\'t mean that other forms of life have got any further.

I think we should be more worried about colonising space and ensuring the survival of man as the Earth will be a pretty crappy place to live if we keep going the way we are.

Wow. Deep moment.

Ok - I\'m better now - back to being immature! WHEEEEE :D

the scary thing is, we may be the first.
    and if so, what chance do other races stand when we find them.

i do think there is something/other things out there, but wether it will be arsed to comunicate with us is well beyond me.

oh, and the aliens who are anal probing the rednecks are probably pledges trying to join an intergalactic fraternity.
    okay, so what do we have to do, lets see.
    hmmm it\'s says here we have till sun up to anal probe two rednecks and wack a load of cows, okay then, but we are going to have to stop off for some bud first lol

I\'m well into the theory that the first sparks of life on this here rock of ours came when a piece of space rock containing microscopic life hit earth and the conditions were right...

it\'s a mind boggling thing to really think about but somewhere out there there has to be something...And where would it all end??Unless we are indeed contained in a sphere then there will be barriers but surely there can\'t be no such thing as just simply nothing.....more galaxies more syatems on and on and on..And out of all that we\'re the only speck of life?????

one thing for certain is if there is something out there and it visits us it is certainly more \"intelligent\" as it has learned the art of peacefully observing and not instantly assuming it has a right to own and control something it finds.....

Deep thought but contact with another civilisation would probably lead to the end of our world has everyone would fight to say who should represent earth....

Originally posted by DaN
    We may not need to \"Travel\" in a conventional A - B sense.

There are all sorts of theories, and \"warp space\" has not been completely discounted as yet. Travelling through wormholes (or stargates hehe) is also a possibility if we can somehow avoid being disintegrated on the way through lol
    I had friends at Uni who did research in this area of physics and let me tell you... Their theories and calculations are all very advanced and interesting in a conceptual and mathematical aspect, but they are soooo far out there and rests on a very \"shaky\" theoretical foundation! :] Until someone actually sends an object thorugh one of those wormholes and then back again so that we can see that it\'s intact, I will regard these theories purely as fantasies and mathematical excercises. Don\'t forget... physics is about theory AND experimentation!

Yes. In fact, I am convinced that there\'s other intelligent life right here on earth. Only human arrogance suggests that we are the only intelligent life on earth and in the universe.

What defines Intelligent life?

I was assuming that intelligent life is just more than a clump of bacteria....

Dogs for instance = intelligence
    germs = life but no intelligence

Zaphod...what do you mean by intelligent life \"right here on earth\"?

oh, and the aliens who are anal probing the rednecks are probably pledges trying to join an intergalactic fraternity.
    Someone\'s been watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force :P

@ Ritual - I was reading something intersting recently (Actually the science of Discworld II) that said that mathematical and physics theory are a lot like building a house backwards - starting with the roof and only building the foundations once the roof is done... The analogy was a lot better written in the BOOK, but I can\'t remember it :P

Of course there is....does nobody watch the x-files?

Originally posted by supervike
    What defines Intelligent life?

I was assuming that intelligent life is just more than a clump of bacteria....

Dogs for instance = intelligence
    germs = life but no intelligence

Zaphod...what do you mean by intelligent life \"right here on earth\"?
    i thinks he is talking about nids their everywere... oh and dont be fooled by germs they know precisely what their doing.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:rolleyes: Of course there is Intelligent Life in the Universe and they are here visiting earth...........they\'re called \"Women\" :P:P:P

we\'re also here on earth to study the mating habits of Males and the shopping. lol;):drunk:

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    :rolleyes: Of course there is Intelligent Life in the Universe and they are here visiting earth...........they\'re called \"Women\" :P:P:P

we\'re also here on earth to study the mating habits of Males and the shopping. lol;):drunk:
    That\'s half right. Actually they meant to go to Venus but got lost - you know what women drivers are like :P ... [ducks for cover]

By intelligent I suppose I mean having a conscience and being able to think for themselves beyond the level of instinct at a heightened capacity. You know, like Dolphins, some simians (some are smarter than the Preznit) and MICE!