Empire anyone

Thread: Empire anyone

Default Empire anyone

Does anyone have any news on the new empire stuff. We are always a bit behind here in OZ

Well here\'s soms stuff on the US GW site. New warrior priests are fantastic. New general and state troops are great as well (the old state troops were terrible models). Character models are very nice as well. Pistoliers and outriders made a comeback (as a plastic kit) with NEW horses. It\'s really too bad I have so many armies on the go right now... Always room in my heart for the empire, but never enough room in my wallet (or should that be too much room in my wallet?:rolleyes: )...

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/empire/default.htm

*edit* Noticed the state troops come 10 to a box, hopefully the don\'t cost as much as the boxes that have nearly double that amount... Still, great models, good detachment sizes I guess.

Blog Entries

Well, Empire\'s screwed.

Oh well, thank Sigmar for Foundry.

I kinda like some of the new models. means I need to finish up my empire army.

Saw some of the rules for the steam tank. Thank god they have toned it diwn so it is not a cheese factory any more.

Something like cost 300points. T7 w10 and once its in combat it stays in combat. Its still a nasty piece of work tho.

Originally posted by emopainterguy
    *edit* Noticed the state troops come 10 to a box, hopefully the don\'t cost as much as the boxes that have nearly double that amount... Still, great models, good detachment sizes I guess.
    I think they are going to be £12 a box, so roughly $23

Originally posted by Ogrebane
    Saw some of the rules for the steam tank. Thank god they have toned it diwn so it is not a cheese factory any more.

Something like cost 300points. T7 w10 and once its in combat it stays in combat. Its still a nasty piece of work tho.
    The worst thing about the Stank is that you had to read a whole flipping rulebook to know how to use it. You also had to read the same amount to know if your opponent was misusing it, and that\'s not something too many did, so there was a massive amount of rules abuse, either intentionally or accidentally whenever it was on the field.

There are only supposed to be seven (I think) in the entire Empire too, so for me it should be a major rarity, not a must have trickbox for any Empire force.

I got a look at the entire Empire army laid out for the book\'s main army shot, and have to say it looks really nice as a complete force. All the new plastics are top stuff, especially the new General (some superb conversion bits in there too) and the other characters are really nice too. I even like the much debated engineer on mechanical horse.

the plastic faces look like wallace and gromit.

the great swords are nice, about the only thing i like out of them as i don\'t like the sculpting style of a lot of the new gw stuff.

some love it tho, it just seems more hit and miss now a days.

have a look in the polish painters galleries, they seem to get hold of stuff before people in the uk !

I think most of it look quite cool, but rules wise: How on the earth would ANYONE justify buying outriders? Move-or-shoot fast cavalry? WTF??

Outriders would be pretty ineffective at firing on the move even if the move-or-shoot rule didn\'t apply, so it\'s not such an awful concession as far as I\'m concerned.

Get just 5 of them in position and they can pump out 15 strength 4 armour piercing shots with good accuracy, and they are fairly well protected themselves.

I think I\'d spend the points on a bigger unit of handgunners instead of getting Outriders, but it\'s not because they have been broken by the new rules by any means.

Default empire outriders

the new outriders can be given barding too, which takes away their ability of being fast cavalry, but does increase their armour save nicely :D personally, i\'m going to use them alongside my knights...