New Year\'s Resolutions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year\'s Resolutions

1. Quit Smoking (I don\'t even smoke, so shouldn\'t be too difficult! ;))

2. Win a demon.

3. Create an awesome gaming room/painting studio in my new house :D

My New Year\'s Resolutions are:

1. Try to stop buying more minis than I manage to paint. You know how it goes. \"Ooh! I\'ve half finished one lil guy, time to buy some more wolfen and a dragon...\" :rolleyes: lol

2. Stop complaining about my current job so much- after all, I only have it for 2 more months. Yayness! :beer:

3. Save up a bit more cash so I\'m not completely destitute when I go to Australia to see my family and boyfriend. See point 1...

4. Make an effort to find a proper job back in the UK for when I go home. ???

5. Pay off depressing debts. :flame:

There probably should be something about exercise in there too, but meh! :P

I dont like the resolution term. Why do you have to wait till the new year to make them. I guess some of us need something to give us a push so new years is as good as any.

So last year I gave up smoking and its been a year since I smoked..... HOOORRAAARRRR

This year I guess I should try and do something as awespicious as that so I gues I will loose all the weight I gained when I gave up smoking. So I went up to 102kg from 87. Ive got it down to 92 so I have 5kgs to go.

I would also like to get a new job. Ive been at this job for over 8 yrs and I am away 2 weeks out of 3. It messes my family and personal life up heaps.

Hmm so they should be a good start. Oh and I want to get at least on mini to the OZGD this year so look out Glenn.

Happy new year one and all.

I look at it more as a chance to think through all those important \'things to do\' that you have been postponing and get some properly sorted out as aims.

With that in mind I have a huge old list of things, and if I can do half of them I\'ll be pretty chuffed:

Get fit - The classic. I tried to do some pull ups recently and was shocked how hard it was. I\'ve been so inactive that my muscles have attrophied completely I think. Not good!

Stop smoking weed (for at least 33.3% of the year) - This probably sounds pathetic to most, but I have been smoking it on a daily basis since I was 17 (8 years ago) and have become a highly productive stoner. After a good few spliffs I seem to enter a zone where work and creative pursuits are practically effortless, without it I find it hard to focus. I have a dependency, it needs to be sorted. I don\'t intend to quit, but making it a pleasure rather than a habit would be nice so I\'ll take gradual steps.

Write a childrens book and a comic - I have had what I consider good ideas for both for ages. It\'s time to write them!

Remain self employed - Having gone 3 months doing this I really want it to continue. I highly recommend it as a means to boosting happiness levels.

Get my own place - Much as I like my housemates I can\'t take over the place I\'m in now with an office and a hobby room. This needs to change.

Win a Demon - The real aim is to complete an entry, but sod it, I\'ll aim high.

paint more miniatures I\'m off into town to get some new brushes since all my ones seem to be past it now.

Update my website

start driving our new car and go see my grandparents more often.

Loose weight by going to the gym

Blog Entries

I love training and every year I try to add at least 15lbs lean body mass... so that\'s one for this year again.

Also, paint more, and enter the 2 competitions here in Japan in Jan and Feb! (Check the WIP section soon!).

Possibly buy a house (!)

quit smoking.. Im on day 2 :cool: :no:
    anyone got any tips?

Err, eat lots, that seems to work for some folks. Begin drinking heavily to take the edge off. Buy yourself cool things with the money you save. Start smoking something else instead at less regular intervals.

I\'ve done all of these and successfully stopped smoking cigs for months, but never fully quit.

I think the most important thing is just really wanting to stop, not just quitting because you know you should.

Originally posted by Sonnyslayer
    anyone got any tips?
    Try not to hang out with smokers.

anyone got any tips?
    honestly, get some patches. the gum doesnt do shite, but the patches worked for me...

but then again...i started again...but by my own free will...cuz i just like to smoke.

Oh no, you should hang around with as many smokers as possible. You can sit there all smug because they are killing themselves whilst you valiantly struggle through battling temptation...

And you can also inhale all of their sweet, sweet secondary smoke!

anyone got any tips?
    I can relate. I made it 4 days before I broke down and had one. Of course, that turned into another and another one...

You get the idea.

If you\'ve quit before, then you know what to expect emotionally, physically and mentally. As long as you prepare yourself for that, then you should be ok.

Like lono said, eat. Yeah, it may sound weird, but try to make it foods that are healthy. Try to stay away from the donuts and whatnot; stick with healthier alternatives otherwise you might wind up being very heavy. Trading lung cancer for heart disease and clogged arteries isn\'t doing very well.

Just my thoughts and opinion.

I\'ve decided to listen to my inner child. I have resolved to purchase HeroQuest from ebay and also look at the possibility of a big, fock-off scalectrix. Who can possibly deny me such a thing?

About smoking, I smoke when i drink (not always, but quite often). I go to the pub a couple of times a week for mental stimulation with some good friends, and will smoke a few rollies. Try and limit smoking to drinking only, and then chuck the habit when it gets banned (April in Wales). If I have a smoke at home, it\'s in the garden. No more than one or two with a couple of glasses of wine.

I\'m playing football once a week and cycling 8-10 miles a day at the moment, but I want to work my upper body a bit. I don\'t know why I\'m telling you all this...

anyone got any tips?
    My resolution is also to never smoke anything again. I imagine my task will be easier than yours because I have been gradually reducing my intake for the past 2 years (or more), but from now on I will be 100% smoke free, as I have been for the past 4 months. I used nicorette replacement and jedi mind tricks, it is difficult but definately possible (it becomes easier when you realise this).

Blog Entries

Come home.

Hopefully before May.

Originally posted by steelcult
    Come home.

Hopefully before May.
    I thought this was your home ;)

What worked for me (quitting smoking) was making a deal with my wife where I get the money I used to spend on smokes to do whatever I wish with. This mean $60 a week for whatever I want.

The trick was to go a week then buy something with that $60 (AutoAssault on the PC) then every time I wanted a smoke after that I just had to think I wouldn\'t have that thing I bought if I was still smoking. Next week same thing, and so on.

I quit on Halloween and now I sit back and look at all the loot I picked up with my smoke money and I am amazed (6 console games, multiple PC games, 6 boardgames, etc).

Originally posted by noneedforaname
    mine are to stop drinking (stop sniggering chris and mike)
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol
    &

[align=center]ROFLMAO[/align]

mine is to stop crack my joints, so i don\'t get old and creaky when im 18:(