More proof of The Sun\'s awesomeness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More proof of The Sun\'s awesomeness

Default More proof of The Sun\'s awesomeness

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007030814,00.html

This was some research that my dad and his colleagues did. It has been in a few national newspapers, so I keep answering the phone to someone from the Daily Mail and they all think I am my dad :D

The surname wasn\'t revealed because it is rare, and it would be seen to be divulging information - but a nice lady from The Sun phoned up and blackmailed my dad, accusing him of being a racist. She said that by not revealing the surname he was saying that it would be bad to have African DNA. So the newspaper did some research, and found the WRONG SURNAME! :D

The surname was referred to as \"R\" in the report, so they couldn\'t even get the first letter right... it is Revis (allowed to reveal that now because the bloke is being paid £10k to have a newpaper interview).

So remember people - don\'t buy The Sun!

~Bill

Newspapers :flame:

The media, all aspects of it are only out for a \"scoop\" - facts are inconsequential, as long as it\'s exciting.

Now - I\'m sure, like in ALL maligned jobs - there must be SOME \"good\" reporters, but I\'ve never met or heard of one.

I won\'t go into details, but I know of someone who was in the paper and they pretty much printed his damn ADDRESS!
    (The road name - a small estate where everyone knows their neighbours) :mad:

I\'m sorry to hear about your experience Bill - and I hope you sicked a plague of locusts, hornets and killer bees on their arses.

Blog Entries

Could those of us who use work accounts with bloody filters get a basic run down? Or is there another organ of the fourth estate who has published the data?

And here I thought you were going to talk about that shiny ball of hot gas up in the sky that keeps us warm :)

I was once told by an Englishman the sun was good for two things the sports section and the crossword

@ lloyd this is the story..its a short one

WHITE men with a rare Yorkshire surname have black African roots without knowing.

Scientists stumbled on the link to Tykes while studying the Y chromosome passed from fathers to sons.

Tests on 18 males with the name found six had a chromosome found only in West African people.

University of Leicester boffins refused to reveal the name — but the Sun found it to be ‘Marton’.

A genealogist told us: “We know it derives from a village in Yorkshire and there were 122 people with that name. This fits only the name Marton.”

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design

I was once told by an Englishman the sun was good for two things the sports section and the crossword
    It\'s good for one other thing aswell ;)

Ive heard page 3 is the main attraction lol

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    A genealogist told us: “We know it derives from a village in Yorkshire and there were 122 people with that name. This fits only the name Marton.”
    That\'s the reason they got it wrong - it was 121 people lol They obviously found a great genealogist...

And all you page 3 folk are pervs. Dirty, dirty pervs :D

Origineel geplaatst door james sequeira
    Ive heard page 3 is the main attraction lol
    Hmm, after a month in China I was dying for a good newspaper. Guess what they gave me in the plane: the Sun. Argh.
    Hmm, this could also mean that some people from China may get the Sun as their first exposure to UK culture! :o

By the way, some UK friends told me that the Sun is seen as a good mirror for a large part of the population. I.e. for use in statistics, opinions, etc. Is that so?

Interesting research by the way. Did they (researchers, not the sun) find out the historical background of how the bloodline got there?

Originally posted by Bill

And all you page 3 folk are pervs. Dirty, dirty pervs :D
    Hey I just mentioned the crossword and the sports page.. leave me out of that one lol

Originally posted by DaN
    Newspapers :flame:

Now - I\'m sure, like in ALL maligned jobs - there must be SOME \"good\" reporters, but I\'ve never met or heard of one. Try John Pilger. Probably the most honest reporter/journalist I\'ve ever had the good fortune to meet. (20 years ago now.)

Unfortunately The Sun like all too many tabloid papers is one of the greatest encouragers of Lynch-mob mentality.
    The Daily Mirror used to be the \'voice of reason\' but after Piers Morgan became Editor it to turned into another limited veiwpoint scandal rag.

Just thought of one:
    Hunter S Thompson RIP :D lol

Originally posted by The Sun
    University of Leicester boffins
    lol, your dad\'s a boffin! lol

I saw this story in the Telegraph or Mail... can\'t remember which... your dad (the boffin lol) was mentioned by name ... cool :D

How cool would it be to be \'accused\' of being a boffin :P

Blog Entries

Talk about false advertising. For a moment I thought this thread was going to be about that large fusion reactor that the Earth orbits around. :~(

Blog Entries

What\'s a boffin?

Originally posted by philologus
    What\'s a boffin?
    An egghead lol

i fail teh comprehenshun.

could someone please explain to me what name is important?

is it the father of all those kiddies?

is it the researcher?

do not understand the problem. :(

Originally posted by DaN
    there must be SOME \"good\" reporters, but I\'ve never met or heard of one.
    My girlfriend, there\'s one. She doesn\'t work for a prestigious organ like the Sun or anything but she also doesn\'t go calling people up and accusing them of racism for withholding information.

Any newspaper that uses words like \"boffin\" is good for arse-wiping, that is all. Pure trash designed to keep the proles brainwashed and compliant.

Originally posted by farseerlum
    could someone please explain to me what name is important?
    The surname of the lineage of men who have the Africa-specific Y-chromo marker.

thank you NSA. i didn\'t realise the gene was specific to one ancsetor.