Beginnger\'s Second Round

Thread: Beginnger\'s Second Round

Default Beginnger\'s Second Round

Well, the second round of painting, and another go at it with the digital camera...I would like your comments on these:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse.php?submitter=CrazyIvan

Thanks alot for your time! And yes, I already know the the mold line on the spearman\'s head. It has been fixed.

Your painting is OK, if a little vivid, and it\'s nice to see you\'ve attempted things like eyes, but you\'ve skipped an important preparation step and missed a fair few mould-lines. You\'re gonna lose a lot of marks because of this because mould-lines really draw the eye, and even the best paintjob can look amateurish with the addition of the odd line. :)

Default Black Lining....

Black Lining is a stylistic choice, and not everyone cares for it.

I think, with your bright colors, it might help.

To do it, ideally, you would thin down some dark brown or black and paint a line wherever two different parts of the sculpt meet. (hand and cuff, belt and shirt, etc etc.)

It will add some seperation to the different parts of your minis and also add definition as well.

Keep on posting & I hope you are having fun with it.:D

Default Agree...

Originally posted by supervike
    Black Lining is a stylistic choice, and not everyone cares for it.

I think, with your bright colors, it might help.

To do it, ideally, you would thin down some dark brown or black and paint a line wherever two different parts of the sculpt meet. (hand and cuff, belt and shirt, etc etc.)

It will add some seperation to the different parts of your minis and also add definition as well.

Keep on posting & I hope you are having fun with it.:D
    supervike and panza are right. Your mould lines are too distinct. Think about it. You spent hours painting your little guys and somehow, it\'s spolit by mould lines that can easily be removed in 10 - 20 mins. Isn\'t it sad?

\"Ya, right! What about you, stupid Mouse?!?\"

\"Me?\" queried the cornered Mouse.

\"YES! YOU! Look at me, you stupid and lazy rodent! Look at my tail and face! What\'s this stupid line doing here?!\"

\"But...but...that\'s you and 39 other brothers of yours....\" Mouse defended meekly.

\"Hehe...what to do now? All of you are painted lizardmen...if someone ask, just tell them its your battle scars...great isn\'t it?\" Mouse added with euthusiasm.

Smirkly satisfied with himself, he stride forth out of the room with 40 lizardmen\'s spears stuck to his back.

Default mouse is back!!

Mouse,

I was beginning to think you ran away....

Nice to see/hear/read from you!