Bad Habbits - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Habbits

Default Not to worry...

Rev, you been sniffing those paints again... Since when were the Chuckle Brothers famous for full facials?

Oh well...I will just have to see if I can catch up with Dragonsreach. Mind you...he\'s got a hell of a head start:bouncy:

Might even hang on to it as the young lady doesnt seem to object. Tickles her legs apparentlylol

Default Dirty bugger

Tickles her legs indeed!? You\'re a dirty bugger finn :o.

I went for the Chuck Norris instead of the Chuckles, but I\'ve had a lot on my plate recently, most of which involved looking smart - and as my facial hair just goes straight towards the Albanian look, I\'ve had to keep pretty trim lol.

There\'s always Christmas for a proper bash at this one.

rev

Originally posted by Chrispy
    One of my bad habits is not mixing paint. I\'ll see that two colours are to far apart, but I will try to blend them anyways and it doesn\'t come out smooth.
    Damn, I so do this!

Also, licking the brush when I\'m blending and can\'t be asked to go all the way to the water pot. I must have eaten a couple of jars of paint in my time (Regal Blue is my favourite flavour!). :D

Big Mean Elf

Default Yeah &....

Originally posted by Panza
    Originally posted by Chrispy
    One of my bad habits is not mixing paint. I\'ll see that two colours are to far apart, but I will try to blend them anyways and it doesn\'t come out smooth.
    Damn, I so do this!

Also, licking the brush when I\'m blending and can\'t be asked to go all the way to the water pot. I must have eaten a couple of jars of paint in my time (Regal Blue is my favourite flavour!). :D
    I like Blood red & Lich purple,And...

lol

Peace!
    :cool:

Default Doh! Missed a spot!

Ever missed a piece of leather or something when you\'re almost done with the mini and curse yourself for missing it the 1st place?
    The worst is when you can\'t get the same colors again the 2nd time to match up with the rest of the mini.

Oh, and a big bad habbit I\'ve seen with other painters:
    Licking the brush instead of dipping it in water.
    *cough* KatieG
    *cough*
    Everytime I see someone do it, it just give me the willies.

The best thing about just starting again is all the habits are prouble bad but so far the one i keep doing the most is panting the dark color first and then trying to match the seam line with a lighter color. makes it a little harder to cover up the over lap. well hope to fix that one.

Default For all those brush lickers out there...

Originally posted by Kamui K
    *cough* KatieG
    *cough*
    Take a gander at:

http://hallnonfiction.com/womens_studies/629.shtml

And see if that doesn\'t help you with your problem:bouncy:

Blog Entries

umm, I dont know what to say to that other than I\'m glad I dont paint with radium paint.

Originally posted by steelcult
    umm, I dont know what to say to that other than I\'m glad I dont paint with radium paint.
    Actually though, there\'s a ton of nasties used in paint. Cadmium, in particular, is used in an awful lot of reds and yellows. I can\'t say for sure about GW or Vallejo paints because they are not called by their regular \"art\" names, like cadmium red or ceruelean blue or titanium white, but I wouldn\'t be surprised if some of the not-fit-for-consumption ingredients are present.

Actually, one of the Impressionist painters, I believe it was Cezanne, died of cadmium poisoning from his paints.

Just a little something to brighten up everyone\'s day.:|~

Thanks Dauber, you just brightend my day. well if you got to go might as well enjoy ones self.

*cough* KatieG
    *cough*
    OK, now why are you picking on poor old innocent (mostly) me... I know I am not the only one to do this! Besides, I usually only lick it to get the point back -after- washing it in water first. You should have seen it when Victor Hardy was teaching painting at CS, he was licking his brush right after loading it with paint - ick!
    --Katie G.

Default Don\'t get paranoid...

Originally posted by KatieG
    *cough* KatieG
    *cough*
    OK, now why are you picking on poor old innocent (mostly) me... I know I am not the only one to do this! Besides, I usually only lick it to get the point back -after- washing it in water first. You should have seen it when Victor Hardy was teaching painting at CS, he was licking his brush right after loading it with paint - ick!
    --Katie G.
    Sorry Katie, I certainly wasn\'t picking on you, half the posts in this thread were about brush licking and BME seemed to be intimating that he drinks the bloody stuff. Yours just happened to be the last post and therefore the easiest to quote:D

I wasn\'t talking about you picking on me, I was talking about Kamui K :) We\'re the only two women in the NYC painters group, so I couldn\'t let her get away with that!
    --Katie G.

Yikes!
    I\'ve instigated the wrath of KatieG!

*takes cover under painting table*

Heh....
    Sorry about that. I was just thinking about ppl who lick brushes in general and you seemed to come to mind at 1st.

:D

Big Mean Elf

Default Girls Licking The Tips...To Keep `em Straight...

:flip::wow::flip::D:flip:

..dat a \"Good Habit\" in me evil elf hand book on page 369,says so,even!

Me Sowwy...
    :innocent:

Peace!

Originally posted by Big Mean Elf

Me Sowwy...
    Hmmm...its on page 294 of \'How to be an Evil Uncle for Idiots\' handbook...

lol

hmm.... maybe having more then 2000 minis here?
    and these are all minis that are actually in use. confro, warhammer, warmachine, 40k, some for contests and stuff...

additional to this surely that i\'m too impatient too, when it comes to painting.

Big Mean Elf

Default Yep In The Evil Finn`s Book...

Originally posted by UncleHex
    Originally posted by Big Mean Elf

Me Sowwy...
    Hmmm...its on page 294 of \'How to be an Evil Uncle for Idiots\' handbook...

lol

Yep....right there in Evil Finn`s hand Book,right after \"How To Screw Up All The Computors At Work And Still Stay A Popular Guy\"...

\"IT\" is on page 69...see right here,even has a office girl do`n a demmo in color,works to...see?

Look at how nice and errect the bristiles are on all Finns paint brushes?

:D

..Hmmm,mabey me should get a nice Evil Elf gal,fer secretary`n work?

Peace!

Default Hey! WTF am I doin in this?

Finn\'s brushes stay straight \'cos finn is pure as the driven snowlol

Originally posted by finn17
    Finn\'s brushes stay straight \'cos finn is pure as the driven snowlol
    I thought it was snow that had been driven in...kinda dirty, y\'know. :)