\'Serious models\'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: \'Serious models\'

Default \'Serious models\'

Anyone out there noticed that some \'serious\' model companies have been producing fantasy and sci-fi minis. Hasegawa, a respected military model manufacturer, have started bringing out some kick-ass Macross models, Andrea models released a cool batman mini and anyone into minotaurs should check out Pegaso Models new line of fantasy subjects.

http://www.pegasomodels.com/details_en.asp?code=FW-003

Can\'t wait Tamiya get given the rights to produce 40k kits. lol

What say you guys? A growing trend? ???

I don\'t think so... I also know Hasegawa because I built some tanks and military vehicles from them, and they really are a military-specialized company. I guess the Macross models was just a stand alone project...

Those companies (Tamyia, Revell,...) have years of experience in the military and vehicles field, so why risk putting out something they have never done before: 28mm miniatures?

Ah, but Revel are doing minis based on Blizzard games Starcraft series, guys in power armour and alien troopers, and although Hasegawa are a military company, reports suggest that the Macross line has been their most popular to date. It can\'t be long untill we see something unusual from tamiya, can it? Even Verlinden still dabble with fantasy subjects.

Yeah, some larger scale fantasy miniatures by Verlinden would be nice :)

They try...

http://www.verlinden-productions.com/online_store_ss_001_100/ss_vp013.htm

I don\'t think Verlinden are that serious about their fantasy and sci-fi lines and don\'t give the work to their best scultors. A real shame when you consider their casting quality. :(

Default modellers rejoice...

I subscribe to two magazines that deal with \'serious\' models.

Amazing Figure Modeler is the best of the two and each issue has tons of cool models included.

I have noticed a definite trend towards some fantasy stuff, and a revival of some ot the older model kits.

It would be great to see some of those \'big companies\' start with a crossover line of stuff.

My wallet is trying to hide at just the thought of it......:(

Default Nice Pegaso Minotaur

Nice piece on that link Panza, if a little expensive...by little I mean extremely...

Still a nice piece though.

rev

Default pegaso

I\'m having trouble with the page but I am pretty sure pegaso is NOT 28mm.
    They do larger scale stuff. Amazing larger scale stuff, but not gaming pieces.

Default Oi...Panza!

What about a little bit of credit for sussing out your signature!!! Don\'t you revisit your old posts...\'specially when they set out a challenge!!

Yours...

Ernest Errol Quinch
    esq

So...long...ago! If I revisited all of my old post I\'d be here till July!...Hang on, what month is this?

Well done for working out the signature. You are, like, totally right man!

Originally posted by vincegamer
    I\'m having trouble with the page but I am pretty sure pegaso is NOT 28mm.
    They do larger scale stuff. Amazing larger scale stuff, but not gaming pieces.
    This piece is 200 mm. it\'s a great looking piece, but definitley not gaming material.

$159.00?! How much do large scal models usually go for?

Smokey

Blog Entries

[quote
    This piece is 200 mm. it\'s a great looking piece, but definitley not gaming material.

$159.00?! How much do large scal models usually go for?

Smokey [/quote]

Umm, I\'ve seen large scale resin kits go for more than that - and Smokey - thats in Euros I think so multiply by 2

Default Conspiracy afoot..!

Originally posted by steelcult
    Umm, I\'ve seen large scale resin kits go for more than that - and Smokey - thats in Euros I think so multiply by 2
    OMG! As a Brit I roughly consider dollars and Euros to be the same... There must be some thing going on here otherwise???

Blog Entries

last time I checked the exchange rate was about $1.75 to the Euro

Default Someone is making megabucks somewhere then..

1 GBP = 1.4E
    1 GBP = 1.6$

At least those were the rates this morning. Seems funny to me that from my perspective dollars and Euros are almost the same, yet to you a Euro is almost twice the value of the dollar.

International finance was never my strong point thoughlol

I have also seen (on ebay and paypal) that there a lot of big differences between USD and EUR the last couple of days.

Andrea have had another go at fantasy with their Elf Archer.

http://www.andrea-miniatures.com/eng/index/index.htm

Comments?

Default The exchange rate....

Just curious, I really don\'t follow the exchange rates very closely (or at all!)

Does the rate adjust daily, weekly, monthly?

I ask this because as I frequent \'forgeworld\'s\' website. They have posted prices in pounds and then also dollars.

But if the rates change, how come they never change the posted prices?

Which actually brings me back on thread, because Forgeworld definately has some \'serious models\'.....:D

Originally posted by Panza
    Andrea have had another go at fantasy with their Elf Archer.

http://www.andrea-miniatures.com/eng/index/index.htm

Comments?

I like the sculpt quite a bit.... I think it would be fun to try something on this scale. I also really like the \'barbarian\' right above the elf lady.

Originally posted by supervike
    Does the rate adjust daily, weekly, monthly?
    eBay and PayPal adjust their exchange rates every day.