GD Canada
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GD Canada

Just a reminder if you want somewhere to eat and hang out with a bunch of other hobbyists: Team Montreal\'s Pre-GD dinner

Blog Entries

Wow not a lot of posting in here lol

I might have some minis going there due to local qualifiers, but the trip itself is pretty out of the question I\'m afraid. Stupid work for stupid money to pay for stupid school :P I\'m trying to look forward to my summer job, I really am!

Default ...

my wife (who will be in Toronto for a week) and I are supposed to be going....but I need to ask the GW store if I can refund the megapasses.

My entry for GD broke back in feb..and after so many hours (120+) on the sketches/sculpture and redoing the sculpture till I was happy, I just haven\'t been able to bring myself to work on anything for a competition..not this year.

If I can refund the tickets, I prob will....

Sanjay

That sucks StarFyre.. I hoped to see you there.

@Jericho - Know if your figs will be there?

Default !!!

ainu? you\'re coming? :)

hmm...maybe it will be worth going :)

Yeah! :) I get to miss a day of school :P and check out my new house. It would be great to see you and Shilpa there; if you do make it be sure to bring a few of your creations with you :D

Default uhm...

hmm...

i don\'t really have much that\'s very impressive....but maybe can keep some stuff in the car i guess *shrug*

the new house?? you moving to Toronto? when?

Sanjay

Just after exams, so late June.

Two days now. :D I can\'t wait!!

You going to enter Golden Deamon Iain? Got any entry\'s ready?

(Don\'t want to know what they are, just if you are entering)

And good luck if you have.

Blog Entries

Apparently one of my figs will be there, the Blood Raven Scout I just posted the last couple of days. I guess they disqualified my Warrior Priest because I\'d entered it in a contest before... so I couldn\'t have it brought down to Games Day despite it abiding by all GD rules... I was not the least bit impressed. Not so much because they DQ\'ed, but because they told me like 3 days after submissions were due. I totally could\'ve entered something else and had a shot at the competition ya know?

I swear these events are more poorly organized every year, nobody knows anything about the rules until the day after :rolleyes:

... Anyway I hope the Scout does okay. Here\'s hoping the Spanish/French Teams don\'t stop by lol

@Matty - I\'m entering LoTR Single, Large Model, and WH Fantasy. Possibly WH Single and Open too. But actually being at GD and having the oppurtunity to meet all of Canada\'s best painters is enough excitement for me (then again, it\'s not like placing or making first cut would put a damper my day :D).

@Jericho - Ouch.. I really don\'t like the flexibility of GW\'s rules. It\'s up to the store staff most of the time, I bet if the competition was online or they weren\'t familiar with your work you would have had both models at GD.

DAAAAMNIT! Lost my post to an incorrect password...

I hate to say it Dan but I did see that decision coming, but you had already entered when I had heard. It\'s usually one of the rules they give in the smaller comps (at least that I\'ve entered). I don\'t think its fair that it wasnt explicitly announced anywhere, and its unfortunate you lost an entry because of it. It\'ll be interesting to see how we do in the 40k singles, I\'ve heard some of the bigger names are entering (one confirmed at least).

Mathieu Fontaine (Akaranseth) and Vincent Hudon (Silphid/Boltman) are both entering 40k single :drunk:

Blog Entries

Yeah I know... should be fun :P I\'m hoping that understated rank and file works for me like it does for Joe Hill and Co. ;)

Default please take pics

Something has come up, so I will be elsewhere that day. Accordingly, I have refunded my megapasses.

So sadly, I will not attend this year :(

Take pics of Vincent\'s entry :)

Can\'t wait to see what it is.

Sanjay

Phew! Finished my entry last night! I\'m surprised (and kinda flattered) to see some are looking forward to what I come up with this year. You\'ll all have to be nice though, as the past few months was my biggest challenge yet: learning to sculpt and try a different style (no nmm!). So I\'m way out of my comfort zone with a full sculpt, but that\'s the best way to learn, challenge yourself. Sometimes you fail (but learn!) and some times you pull it off. I am very pleased, but you be the judge.

To all who enter, remember to take it with a grain of salt! Judging is subjective, and if you don\'t get a trophy or the one you think you derserved, remember that it doesn\'t take anything away from what you\'ve accomplished! When you go to share your work and what you\'ve learned in the past year, meet the community, then you always win. Stop by to say hi! (I hardly ever bite :D ), I\'ll be roaming around the GD display and mostly at Team Montreal\'s painting booth, if you would like to share tips.

See ya tomorrow!

Remember to take lots of pics! ;)

and Good Luck to everyone! :beer: