Jericho\'s Dark Angel (and various side-projects) project log - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jericho\'s Dark Angel (and various side-projects) project log

Blog Entries

Did a bit of work between writing papers the last couple of days. Not a lot, but I thought it\'s worth showing anyway. I\'m gonna redo a couple areas on the green to darken it up a bit, hopefully some time in the next couple of days.

And since Canada is apparently doing a Games Day local qualifier type painting contest at the end of the month (winners for 40k, Fantasy and LoTR single categories get entered in Games Day Toronto) I figured I might have to paint up the Librarian that came in my DA boxed set.

I\'m thinking weathered Imperial Fist, mostly yellow with black trim and strong blue accents (my standard Librarian style).

Crap, I just noticed I never glued a purity seal onto his staff to hide where the old purity seal was before I had to cut it off. I\'ll get right on that lol

WOW,
    Looking great jericho, and seeing the pic of that librarian is making me want one....must resist urge to spend money...
    Good luck with the competition

SirJD

Blog Entries

The new Librarians sure are pretty, but they\'ll be a bit of a beast to paint. Almost too much detail you know? Not as much room for creativity as I would like... but then again I don\'t have to greenstuff much this way so maybe it\'s not a bad thing :P

Yeah, i see what you mean, sometimes the simpler mini\'s can be the nicest to paint
    ....but he\'s still tempting me...

SirJD

you should see the terminator librarian its way to much. keep finding more :P
    Not sure the fist thing works (for me atleast)
    on the end of the librarains staff. needs lighting bolts or something not sure what though....
    the Limited ed. DA master is sweet i need to go and get the normal now. gosh i need to stop handing over my paycheck to GW. lol
    keep up the good work.

Looking good Dan. I think you might need to clean up where the power cable attaches to the fist, it looks like its got a bit of a gap. I haven\'t even started my entry... The termie librarian is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to detail. I wanted to add a combi-plasma gun hung over his shoulder or some such thing but theres just no room! I don\'t have clue how to make him stand out other than the paint scheme (which will remain a secret at this point).

P.S. Which store do you want to enter at lol?

ooh this looks nice... being a templar player i don\'t trust these blasphemous witches of course...

And that terminator librarian looks fat.

that librarian is an awsome sculpt. and you have made a great conversion :D

I would love to see it painted :)

not very sure if it fits in yellow though...

anyway, keep it up :)

// Larre

Blog Entries

I realised after I primed the model that I hadn\'t gap-filled the staff conversion yet... there\'s a bit of greenstuff work that needs doing on the sides of the fist where I hacked off the Lysander hammer parts.

That\'s what I get for doing most of the conversion work at Tom\'s house and priming him when I got home... I didn\'t remember to finish all the prep work :P

Anyway I just had it pointed out to me today that 2 full weeks have gone by in what seemed to me like \"a couple of really busy days\" ... 2 weeks. Scary! Hopefully my corrected perspective should enable me to manage time more effectively and get some progress done more often.

Blog Entries

Yellow is a pain in the butt. White primer is really strange to use. The color turned out okay in the end, but it took an interesting route to getting there :D

that look great! you really mannaged to get smooth colour with the yellow!

keep it up :)

// Larre

Stop it. *mumble mumble skill equalizing hammer mumble*

Looks like I\'m gonna have to take my librarian up a notch to stand a chance....

Yellow looks great. In my opinion the fingers could use a little more darklining to seperate them but that may just be me. I never liked painting from white. I found I had to give everything a couple inks first to define them, then my layers would take for ever to go on clean... May have just been a randomly bad experience though.

Blog Entries

I was going nuts painting the yellow actually. I always thought Golden Yellow was a fairly bright color until I painted it over white. At one point I had done some thinned down Golden Yellow layers and some washes of Leprous and Bestial Brown, and then went to hilight with Golden again... and it was darker than the shaded areas :P

Ended up going up to Sunburst Yellow + white for the last couple of hilights. I\'m thinking of doing some Brown Ink glazes and then I\'ll toy around with a bit of weathering if I\'m feeling brave lol

Looking good Jericho!

If you think painting yellow is nutty, try painting an all gold marine (No not custodians). Seriously that will get your nerves cracking..all over the place.

Keep it up and see you at GD
    Silax

Blog Entries

I don\'t know if I\'ll be able to attend GD in person (I hope so, that would be way cooler) but if nothing else I should be able to get some single figures entered through the local qualifier contests.

Anyway, I bet painting an all gold Marine would be no fun at all :D The way I paint gold looks good but takes a long time and the colors don\'t cover terribly well over black or white.

Looking great Jericho, cant wait to see him painted up, are you going to be adding scratches etc to the armour?

I also know how hard painting yellow can be, i painted about 1000 points of imperial fist terminators afew months back on commision...add to that they were undercoated black...never again...

awaiting the next update,
    SirJD

Blog Entries

Black spray?! That\'s nuts man :P Did you take any pics? I\'m curious to see 1000 pts of Termis in any color lol

Anyway I do plan on chipping them up, I\'m thinking Scorched Brown (maybe with some black mixed in?) scratches with white or silver in the middle. Probably white.

It was crazy alright, ill try and find some pics, must have them here somewhere.

I feel a little strange giving painting advice, with me being no where near your painting level, but i think In regards to the scratches, it might be a better idea to stick with the black/brown scratches on their own without the silver, i think adding the silver may make it look a little too bright and gharish (sp).

:Edit: I found a pic of what i was thinking of for your librarian in regards to the scratches.

From demonwinner.free.fr
    maybe something along these lines?

SirJD

Blog Entries

I almost forgot about that beauty of a model, it\'ll prove a useful reference I think. Definitely the kind of yellow I was going for.