what is a painting trademark - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what is a painting trademark

Originally posted by uberdark
    Originally posted by Wolf Fang
    i dont think ive developed a \"trademark\" yet... but if i did its prolly using weird colour combinations lol
    wolf fang\" one word: tints...

it is your style. you use lots of colors with high concentrations of white. it works well. very nice. keep it up.:D
    Also, prolific use of green :) Almost every WF mini has a goodly chunk of green. I\'m going to guess it\'s one of your favorite colours :)

someone wanna give me the bad news on my painting!

There are no bad news to be given. Your paintjobs are smooth, neat and clean, with no strong highlight or shades.

Seriously, I\'d be happy if I painted like you.

darklord, that giant was excellent, so was legolas and the base, your neat, have good layering/blending, top job Sir:D

@Dammekkos2: You tend to use reds and blacks a lot on your minis. And almost all of your faces are dark-skinned, which is rather unique. You have a clean painting style and there\'s something about each mini that attratcs the eye.

I will try
    Jim Jackson Sivousplay

Instantly recognized for me
    Wonderful skin leather wood detail. Loves women with odd feet, (giggle) uses washes to a art form.
    Draws style from his watercolor painting experience, white base with color applied over the top, highlights from with in not placed on top.
    Fantastic and patient teacher. I would not have be able to pull off much decent painting with out Jim\'s time which he so freely shared.

Shawn RL paints a picture not just a mini, great at color selection wonderful at giving good clean instruction that helps, I find that hard like describing a spiral staircase to some one but he pulls it off so well. I learned the osl to higher standard degree from Shawn\'s kind help and time.

Shawn RL paints a story not just a picture :D

Arkzein

Nice idea for a thread. :)

GreenOne: Mostly more muted colours/realistic style, except for your blues which are very vibrant, makes a few of the minis/units stand out better with a few bright details. (Ok so I\'m terrible at describing things, that\'s what came into my head though ;)).

Arkzein: Vibrant and smoothly painted minis, with bright colours - especially greens, pinks and dark purples, with warm gold NMM. Your minis look like they have stepped out of a graphic novel, really cool :)

reverend....his painting style is \'occasional\' with the rare glimpse of \'completion\'.

:D

Styles I immediately recognise are spaceape\'s, Tid\'s. I like them. I\'m not going to wax lyrical at all though, as I\'m too tired :(

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

TAB\'s style is steady improvement. I remember the dragon that you redid several times as one of my first discoveries of your minis. Since then you have skyrocketed past my level. As a trademark, your minis tend to fit the black background that you use so well. The dwarven cannon crew and the fire girl are so different, yet both so yours.

Alberto Moreto Font: he seems to paint very dark and a bit creepy colour\'s I get the feeling that he uses alot of black when he paints :)

// Larre

reverend - some glimpses of genius, paints even less than me and has infuriatingly small photos