Blood Raven army log - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Blood Raven army log

I left it next to a READING lamp. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Blog Entries

I\'ve had that happen. Halogen lamp, should\'ve known better lol

just finishing up the termy librarian and found a big mould line :mad: dam i hate that. the guy is a big detail magnet and is tough to paint (trying to hold the big lug) good luck. should post mine in a day or three.
    if i could figure out how to post a pic of the base i would show it to yah. again good luck

Blog Entries

Yeah there\'s definitely a ton of detail on him. I\'m not sure if/how I want to convert mine up at the moment... he\'s pretty close to what I always wanted in a Termi Chaplain except for a few of the details.

Noooooo Dan. He\'s the epitome of Librarian!

Anyways. Quick shot of the base. The edge green seems to be rather flourescent and it reaaaaally shouldnt be as its snot green... Reds look really dull, but I\'ve hardly touched them. Green is \"done\". Just weathering wear and tear and all that good stuff. Hoping to have some fun with freehand on this bad boy. Dark Angel icon, big scripty \"Mortis\" and maybe a MK III or something of the like some wheres out of the way...

Blog Entries

Call it a brain fart if you must :D

Base is lookin good though. Should be better with detailing. Lucky for me I don\'t plan on using any green DA units in my army so I don\'t have to get offended by your use of my chapter colors in his footstool ;)

Probably because they were all smote by the rightuous fury of the Blood Ravens! MUAHAHAHA.

Anyways... Today ought to be a good painting day, I hope to get the base finished. I\'ll post some pics once I have some significant progress.

It\'s going to be a rather huge guy with that base isn\'t he? Sure it will work?
    I never was a fan of huge bases my self but I can see this is fitting with the rest of your arm, so I\'m looking forward to seeing it. Are the eventual rest of the teminators(if any) going to have bases as large? Anyway - got to love you picked DA ;)
    Didn\'t you enter the sarge into some competition - and how did it go, or are one trying to forget:]

@Manus: I got 2nd place to Jericho\'s Warrior priest (they lumped singles from all ranges into one category). I wont be using this guy in my army, he\'s for a GD qualifier competition at the end of the month, I\'ll only be posting snippets of him as I do want to keep bits of him a secret.

I\'ve hit a bit of a bump in the road with the base. The colours are so dark that I can\'t do my freehand in black, and I haven\'t had much luck in the past with using other colours... I think i may give a white a shot... but I doubt it. I think I\'ll just settle for the DA icon, and a MK II or III or IV or whatever its supposed to be nowadays lol...

Update on the base, doesnt show the scratches very well, but they are there (maybe in need of some touch ups I guess...). Metallics are almost done. Still need to finish the wear, and the front of the missile pod. Primed the staff arm, so I\'m hoping to get some progress on that today.

congrats on the competition, tough one with all the stuff in the same category - bit stupid if you ask me. But it seems you and jerico are running the show in Canada - good on you.
    The missile launcher looks fine so far, as you say the scrathes don\'t show much, so maybe it\'s no use saying this, but make sure there is a lot of them and other stuff, to make it look damaged and broken.
    I think it works pretty well with the amount of iconography, it\'s just to show where it comes from and you don\'t want it overdone so that it will draw focus away from he mini it self

To be fair these have been fairly small local competitions (the White Dwarf day had maybe at most 10 entries, while the Golden Goblin had over 100 entries). There are some really talented painters in Alberta alone, Glyn Evans (Zaphod), Jarrett Lee (Jarrett), Angela Imrie (Saxon Angel), and others. Canada is a big country, and the Edmonton area isnt exactly hugely populated compared to more metropolitan areas in eastern Canada. That being said I\'m still pretty pleased with myself.

Blog Entries

I was kinda hoping Jarrett Lee would\'ve entered something on WD Day, I didn\'t get my entries finished for the Goblin which he cleaned up at. I don\'t think I\'ve competed against him before and that\'s strange given how many contests we\'ve both entered over the years. And I did see him poke his head in the door that fateful Sunday lol

Well I was the exact opposite. I was praying he wouldnt enter! lol... Really was dissappointing how few entries there were. Hopefully (or perhaps not so hopefully) there will be more competition at the qualifiers.

Blog Entries

lol I\'m sure there will be a good attendance for that one. I think there\'s a good chance Jarrett will be flying out to one of the GD\'s again this year, so he\'s one of the only locals I can see not entering something.

Angela and Glyn don\'t count as locals :P

Well since I have no camera at my disposal theres no way I can post any more than this so I figure I might as well post it. It\'s just a temporary base to hold him on while I paint him and do all that stuff that gets done before painting.

Damn! lol Looks like the higher ups aren\'t too keen on letting you in on all my secrets.

Great start rlanger... I mean emopainter... oh I am so confused. As I said over at WoM, I love that base. And a solid start to the figure itself, I especially like the pages on his sleeve.

okay.. I will make a guess...

I think that he is giving someone the finger, am I right?? lol

// Larre

Originally posted by Larre
    okay.. I will make a guess...

I think that he is giving someone the finger, am I right?? lol

// Larre
    Naw, If he were doing that he\'d probably get disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct or some such thinger.