Blood Raven army log - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Blood Raven army log

Hi Robin. Saw a couple of your minis over at World of Minis, and I really liked them. I will keep watching this thread with interest:)

Cheers

Hey Mikkel, Sadly no camera=no updates :(, but WoM is likely to get a couple (more) exclusives in the next little bit ;)

I\'ll have a camera again on may 1st, but I will have at that point entered this guy in a competition and most likely wont get him back for a while. I might be able to get Jericho to take some pictures but we\'ve both got exams left so I\'m really not too sure if our schedules are compatable.

Blog Entries

Pretty much anything in between Tuesday and Saturday will work for me, except for the brief period on Thursday where I\'m writing an easy exam if you want pictures :D

Well I seem to have hit a snag on my colour scheme. I can\'t figure out what colour to do the tubing from the psychic hood and the arms. I don\'t want to do red on the hood ones as I feel I\'m more or less copying the \'Eavy Metal job if I do, even if it does suit Blood Ravens. I could do them metallic but I\'m not sure my metallics are good enough right now. I\'d do them grey but then theres the fear of it being interpretted as poor NMM. The armour is a dark blue, and the robes are bonish colour with a slight yellow tone. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I dont have a camera so I can\'t take pics :(.

@Jericho: Well I\'ll see if I can work something out for friday, hopefully I\'ll have this guy done by then.

Blog Entries

Black with blue/white glow in the cracks! So basically reverse-hilighting :P

And while I\'m at it I\'ll freehand tiny scripture on the every ring of tubing along with a variety of Blanche quality depictions of demons and spacemarine all over his armor... lol

In all seriousness I would consider that if it weren\'t for the fact that I\'ve already done a fair share of OSL on this guy and I don\'t want to overdo it... But then again it\'s not a bad idea...

Blog Entries

Blanche quality, isn\'t that a contradiction in terms?

I joke, the stuff he finishes is great, just look at the old Sisters of Battle book cover. His concept art makes me gag tho, and for very different reasons from Brom\'s kind of art :P

You could do the tubing in a grey color(codex highlighted with fortress), I some times use that when I want a color that looks different from everything else without drawing to much attention.
    I have have been trying to google world of minis but no minis show up, does it have a longer name or is it extremely secret code for something noone else is allowed to see
    :D

@Jericho: I see what you mean, some of his work is really nice, some not so much (the hair is always huge!)...

@Manus: I\'ll give the grey a shot, and hope it doesnt come out looking like poorly done NMM. WoM is fairly small right now, most of the members are on this site or a couple other larger sites. It doesnt surprise me you didnt find it on google. www.worldofminis.proboards101.com

Blog Entries

My biggest beef with Blanche is that he puts every 40k cliche into every picture it seems. They\'ve all got bionic limbs, eyes, fur trimmed jackets, skulls everywhere, usually leather and checkers as well :P Oh and everyone has a pet bird lol

Ok. So I\'ve hit a huge block in my paint scheme, and I can\'t seem to figure it out myself... I really dislike my current silver and gold scheme for the staff head. I can\'t figure out what else to do though. I like the silver edges but its the \"feathered\" parts of the wings I\'m not sure about. Here\'s a quick sketch of the converted staff head.

The drop in the middle will be a red gemstone. Hope you guys can help me out. I need to finish this bad boy tonight.
    The shaft of the staff is dark green gemstone with gold filigree. I want to keep the head to the Blood Raven theme so white is out... I\'m not sure about black, it\'s my last resort right now.