Wazabi, Goblin Geisha (Warning No Nude)

Thread: Wazabi, Goblin Geisha (Warning No Nude)

Default Wazabi, Goblin Geisha (Warning No Nude)

Since Ritual\'s nudity warning got people to look at his thread, I thought doing the opposite might have an effect too. :bouncy:

Anyway I painted this for the FF3 contest as well and was more then surprised when she won 1st in the fantasy category. :o My idea was to have a geisha taking a stroll in the garden during the autumn. The overall mood should be one of despair and helpless.

The face received the most attention as I didn\'t want a very white face but rather one with more depth. Took me a few attempts to get the eyes to look melancholic . The bridge and the umbrella is scratch built from match sticks and some scrape plywood. The bridge was deliberately drybrushed to give a worn look.

A little accident happened when I showed my wife the model while she was in the bathroom. She accidentally hit my hand and it dropped into the toilet bowl :(. You could imagine my feeling at that moment. I had to remake another umbrella as the original one was soaked. Painted the Sakura flowers instead for the design which I felt suits the model better.

Hope to hear some feedbacks on her and if you wish to vote here\'s the link:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/151779

Very nicely done! Its a great little mini, toilet dunked or not!

lovely paint job. it\'s a weird one - the concept for the sculpt is truly horrible. you have really captured an ugly creature trying to look beautifull. disturbing indeed

I have been looking at this mini for a while now during my lunch at work, and you know what, i actually feel a little sad for her.
    Like Freakinacage said its an ugly creature trying to look beautiful, and i think her face shows that she knows she will never be truly beautiful and i feel kind of sorry for her.. maybe im just having a moment:o

i think this is a fantastic miniature and you have done an amazing job on her, you have turned something that is probably just ment for comedy value into a thought provoking peice of art...

when you see the little gobbo, let her know I, if no one else, think she\'s Beautiful

I think she\'s beautiful.. :) For a goblin gal\' that is...

Great painting.. good work with colourselection and a nice finish! The overall impression is great!

What could be better is neatness and work some more on blending.. I\'m not saying that it\'s not neat though :) But from some of the brushwork you\'ve done like the eyes it looks like you can do tidier and finer lining on some places and take greater care with the shading. I think you\'ve got everyhting else in place!

Originally posted by Canopicdoll
    ...A little accident happened when I showed my wife the model while she was in the bathroom. She accidentally hit my hand and it dropped into the toilet bowl :(...
    So that\'s why she\'s looking a little flushed lol

Her little \"adventure\" hasn\'t stopped this being an amazing looking mini. You\'ve really packed that face full with emotion - a very thought-provoking piece. Stunning work.

Originally posted by Highbulp Billy
    You\'ve really packed that face full with emotion - a very thought-provoking piece. Stunning work.
    I completely agree. The wonderful facial expression and the book, while standing on that old dock, really make me feel like there\'s a story here... one I\'m just not privy to.

Well done.

It worked, I linked right over. Appaently, I am unable to process logical operators when the prospect of nudity is raised in any way.

(Beautiful paint job, btw)

As everyone else has said this is a fantastic piece with a great feeling and atmosphere.

Well deserved first place.

looks good :)

// Larre

Nice work. Freehand is awesome. Did the vote thing.

Thanks for looking & your comments/votes. I\'m glad I managed to tell a little story with this mini, which is what I always try to achieve when painting up minis.

I\'m still constantly learning about how colours work so as as to smoothen my paintjobs. While smoothness and neatness is important, I feel if a mini manged to tell a story or invoke a thought, with a paintjob good enough to not look sloppy, then it should be a good mini. I\'m not trying to sell myself here it just the direction I\'m going now.