Black Templar Commander (UPDATE 3/28)

Thread: Black Templar Commander (UPDATE 3/28)

Default Black Templar Commander (UPDATE 3/28)

I finally (finally!) have an update image on my magnetic Black Templar commander. This is the model that I will be entering in to the Relic competition (with only 2 weeks to go, eep!) -- and what will become the centerpiece of my 750 point army.

Yup, I\'m finally (finally!) going to give playing a try again. The last time I played we were all being amused by the new 2nd edition rule set. Ah, those were the days. So now I have a couple of 750 point lists drawn up and hope to hit the tables this summer. The last shot in this image shows the commander with twin lightning claws next to two test models.

Feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.

I really like it. Cloak is spot on, maybe a bit highlighting in the swirlypattern. Also I think there is a little to much grey showing on the shoulderpads.

Looks good, cloak background seems nice, good idea, you need to tighten up a whole lot on the cross, but you\'ve oviously still got alot to do.
    Like you , I haven\'t played since 1st ed rules, think I\'m gonna give it a whirl over easter....

Thanks for the feedback, folks. At this point *only* the swirley gigs are finished. I need to go back over the pauldrons, add two more layers to the BT symbol on his back. Obviously still a way to go with only two weeks left -- but I\'m finally starting to get the feel for this guy again.

Thanks again for the feedback. I hope to have an update within the next couple of days.

Blog Entries

Attack of the 2nd edition backbanner! I can\'t stand those old backpacks, but that\'s just me. I\'d try and swap it out for one of the new ones with a plastic banner if you can manage it.

On an unrelated note, can I have your eagle backpack? I can\'t find one anywhere! lol

If I had one I\'d consider it; I really don\'t like them. All of my new models are bits -- largely from BW grab bags and some from left over commission orders.

I do plan on replacing this backpack with one of the BT ones. I ordered four of the Crusader sprues today :)

Blog Entries

There\'s some really nice stuff on there, for sure. Should be able to retrofit this guy quite nicely with some new goodies :D

I like your work. The idea of being able to switch arms as you see fit is really good and makes for a versatile miniature which is appropriate when you spend so much time on it.
    However, I am not too fond of the \"backpack with banner pole\" so a swap for a BT one without banner will probably work wonders.
    I like your colour combo and the swirly bits on the cloak even if some of the grading on the cloak itself seems a bit steep. Still, the patterns make for a great effect.

I\'m going to bring the armour up with another layer of highlights on the edges, finish the power sword, and then I think that this guy is just about ready to go.

I\'m waiting on a bits order for the BT backpack - if that doesn\'t come I will probably enter him without a backpack.

In the interim I will be playing with the lights on my photo so that I can capture some of the depth in the armour. The model is actually a very, very dark gray with black shading and lighter gray highlighting.

Regardless of how the competition turns out I\'m happy with the results. I\'ve put more work in to this mini than any of my previous efforts and I like the results.

I\'ll be glad to set this guy aside and get back to Kharn though :)

Feedback is, as always, appreciated ---

I kept looking at this guy and thinking that he was unfinished. Tonight I went in and added a bunch of small detailing. All of the devotional text, the script on the inside of the cloak, and another round of highlights. It\'s still next to impossible to see the highlights but given that this guy was photographed in a light box it gives some idea -- most of that shading is painted.

Very nice end result. This guy will definately stand out of the crowd. You\'re little free hands everywhere are great, and the purity seals are perfect!