Apothecary armour

Thread: Apothecary armour

Default Apothecary armour

I have a problem with painting a Space Marine Apothecary.

Ist their armour supposed to be all white ( like all blue with Librarians and all black Chaplains ) with only the shoulder pad showing which chapter he belongs to or do they have all the chapter colours with a white helmet?

thanks

I think it varies from chapter to chapter. Normally these days its just the helmet that is white.

it depends on the chapter, most however go with full white armour, just a white helmet usually denotes a veteran sgt in most chapters

Seconded. If you go with the fluff, the chapters adhering closer to the Index Astartes will tend to have Apothecaries in full white armor, while the looser chapters will only go for white helmets/shoulder pads/whatever.

Originally posted by Godlikebuthumble
    Seconded. If you go with the fluff, the chapters adhering closer to the Index Astartes will tend to have Apothecaries in full white armor, while the looser chapters will only go for white helmets/shoulder pads/whatever.
    The only problem with that now is if you look at the new GW command squad, painted as Ultramarines, virtually the writers of the Index Astartes......they are now painted with just a white helmet, and 1 white shoulder pad..........I think the fluff is changing

According to the Codex Astartes:

Techs - Red all over, left shoulder pad denoting chapter

Chaplains - As above, but black

Librarians - As above, but blue

Apothecaries - As above, but blue

Rank and file
    ----------------

Veterans - white helmets
    Sergeants - red helmets
    Vet. Sergeants - red helmets with white stripe

Companies which adhere less strictly to the codex would deviate more.

Originally posted by DaN
    Apothecaries - As above, but blue
    You mean white right? ;)

Orginal gepostet von Talion
    Originally posted by Godlikebuthumble
    The only problem with that now is if you look at the new GW command squad, painted as Ultramarines, virtually the writers of the Index Astartes......they are now painted with just a white helmet, and 1 white shoulder pad..........I think the fluff is changing
    Yeah, GW hates me. :D
    The 2nd edition Codex: Ultramarines had quite a big section on Troop Markings and all that jazz (e.g. where a marine might wear the identifying colour of his company and stuff). So I decide to do an Ultramarines spin-off chapter, go literally \"by the book\"... And in the current edition they go ahead and change stuff... But seriously, if you can find it, the 2nd ed Ultra codex (or the Insignia Astartes release) are pretty good for stuff like that.

YES , Emo - I meant WHITE :P OK? lol

Just looked at the Codex Space Marines, and every apothecary they depict has a white right shoulder pad and white helmet. They\'re ultramarines in the pics.

Perhaps the fluff is changing.

But the fluff is ever present never changing and set in stone! lol.

Just paint them with white somewhere and if they have the equipment it should be fairly obvious they are an apothecary.