lithium powered DREMEL - which attachements and bits?

Thread: lithium powered DREMEL - which attachements and bits?

Default lithium powered DREMEL - which attachements and bits?

Hello,
    I\'ve just bought a \"wireless\" lol dremel - wonderful thing! Great tool.
    I don\'t have much experience working with a dremel, what bits and attachements should I buy for it, knowing that I work on 25/28mm plastic and metal minis and I do a lot of convs.
    What do you use, oh fellow dremelists?
    Best wishes and thanks
    U.

I would go for some of the burrs (files) and the cutting wheels.

You could add a few small drill bits for pinning as well but I prefer to use the finger/twist drills for this. :D

High-speed cutting bits - the ones that look like this:

They\'re useful for milling away large amounts of metal, eg removing broccoli bases. Also handy for roughly carving many other substances.

And buy work gloves. Save your hands!

apparently there is a rough rubber bit that can be used to get rid of mould lines. bear in mind that for some things, you will need to buy a differnt sized collet. i have just bought a 0.8mm one and also a 2.5mm or something like that.

If you have access to a COSTCO they have a 200 piece \"Hobby drill & cutter set \" which is roughly half the price of 2 separate Dremel bits.
    It\'s definitley worth the money my wife paid for it. :D

the name COSTCO doesn\'t sound familiar, I have to check if there are any around (London) or on the internet??

Originally posted by usurpator
    the name COSTCO doesn\'t sound familiar, I have to check if there are any around (London) or on the internet??
    It\'s a North American chain. Specifying your location might (but probably wouldn\'t as I don\'t know how many people check) help.

quite right, I must add my location on my profile... and I must find a way of changing that *$€ avatar! (I do but nothing happens).
    I\'m not sure I get what is compatible with dremel: anything that will fit in the hole? (sorry, clumsy formula). Someone told me that the corless range were not compatible with \"classic\" dremel bits... what did he mean?

Best to all
    U.

Cordlessness is a sweet thing
    alright theres different sized collets (chucks)
    that you can get and theres a universial collet that can be adjusted to fit different sizes just by looseing it or tighting the collet. that does sound right, but you\'ll see what im talking about. the universal ones aren\'t always reliable but they save time.
    hope this helps

Originally posted by usurpator
    quite right, I must add my location on my profile... and I must find a way of changing that *$€ avatar! (I do but nothing happens).
    I\'m not sure I get what is compatible with dremel: anything that will fit in the hole? (sorry, clumsy formula). Someone told me that the corless range were not compatible with \"classic\" dremel bits... what did he mean?

Best to all
    U.
    my old dremel stuff doesn\'t quite fit and as i mentioned, i needed a different sized collet. as long as you buy a couple, you won\'t have any troubles

Argos does a dremmel attachments set for 20 quid with a 100 pieces in it.
    page 272 of the catalogue.
    although the cheaper clarke multi tool looks to have some great attachments with it but would mean buying the full thing at 30 quid (it\'s the one I\'m eyeing up as I am a cheap skate :D )
    Ul