wh slayer\'s broken chains - real world problem!

Thread: wh slayer\'s broken chains - real world problem!

Default wh slayer\'s broken chains - real world problem!

I have several slayers - the type with nunchaku like things, with axes blades at the end of chains.
    After ten minutes of working with them (and I\'m a gentle worker :D) the chains broke in the middle or about.
    This is not only an artistic problem but also a real world one as, even if I was successfull in gluing the bits back together this would never survive my wargamaing with transport, un packing etc.
    I can\'t pin thin chain together... I\'m at a loss
    All ideas most most welcome

A touch of epoxy glue, should hold the bond strong enough for transport. Araldite or similar.

Go to a bead shop and get some tiny chain. It\'s cheap.

Originally posted by matty1001
    A touch of epoxy glue, should hold the bond strong enough for transport.
    For about 10 minutes...;)

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Go to a bead shop and get some tiny chain. It\'s cheap.
    The chains hold the axe blades in the air, as if the slayer was spinning those nuchakus in the air... how to rigidify chain? If there is a way to do that then your idea can work (sorry I don\'t mean to sound negative, my english is just bad)
    Cheers

I like taking chain and letting a drop run down about a 1/2\'\'(10-15mm) of it. As it hardens you can let it hang in the direction you want. Then do sections and soon the whole chain will be glazed in the shape you want.

cut some plasticard strips and carve them into chain strips.

then bend them slighty to get the exact curve you want.
    now pin the axe head and handle in place on either end of it.
    (if i can pin fiannas wrist and ankles you can pin this)

voila, finished.

sorry Humblesteve - a drop of what? glue? which one?

sounds very very interesting in any case

OR:

Sculpt the chain from GS or similar and rigidify with an internal thin wire.

With regards to solving this problem I can offer an ultimate solution which may sound harsh, but really will be of benefit in the long run.

You mention wargamming as an ultimate objective, well using Doomseekers for gaming will just upset anyone playing against you. They are one of the most annoying and ill-concieved units in Warhammer, and can only be used in Slayer Hordes, which are equally hated.

So don\'t do them! Ditch them and choose an army that isn\'t a hellish act of tedium to play against, and really boring to use.