Heavy Assault Transport - WIP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Assault Transport - WIP

Default Heavy Assault Transport - WIP

Today I\'ve started my work on \"Heavy Assault Transport\". I\'m trying to build something similar to \"Gorgon\" from Forge World. I know that it won\'t look as good as the original and I\'m sure that I will change some things. First of all it will be a little smaller than the oryginal and it won\'t have Death Korps of Krieg as crew. But I think it will be nice thing to make paint and use...

here is a picture of the original Gorgon:

and here are the pictures of my started project:

I\'ll try to update this forum as often as I can...
    I\'m waiting for your opinions and sugestions...

I\'m Polish so sorry for my lousy english.

Default so...

I started to work on the floor and the exit ramp. It will open like the one in Rhino and I will keep it close with couple of magnets.

I hope that I will see some comments befor i finish this Tank lol

Impressive so far...you\'re really good at this.

nice work. imo it needs more sposons (?)
    i haven\'t seen the finished idea in your head but its a very good start
    oh and maybe a side hatch. so some can escape from the side. i don\'t know maybe not.

it looks easily as good as the original. what do you use to glue the plasticard to itself?

looks most impressive I must say. You could go for a more dark and furture-battle worn look that the standard imperial stuff, more guns bit of blades and chains perhaps, without ruining the imperial feel.
    The mesh you used for the floor looks really good, made it your self?

Default Thanks guys ...

I\'m glad I got some guests on my forum and I hope that you will come again and see my progress...

It starts to look like my vision... but there\'s a long way ahed of me...
    Ok to answer to some comments:

I got 2 armored sponsons with heavy bolters on them and thats it... I need the free space on the side ( i got some idea but we will see). same thing with side hatch.

To glue plasticard I use ZAP-A-GAP CA+ glue ( superglue)

all the battle demage and weathering will be done as soon as i finish this tank right now I need to focus on building this beast. It\'s not easy because I need to paint the interior... so I\'m making it in 4 parts. 2 sides, floor and the pieces of roof.
    Right now I\'m strugling to make it all fit so there won\'t be any gaps after I paint the interior.
    the mesh is something I found in my hobbyshop... it\'s some kind of a vinyl sticker with round holes in it. It looks really good when painted.

Ok and here are some pictures with my progress...

Hope you like it
    post some comments please...

Awesome work!! Looking forward to seeing how you go with adding even more detail to the interior! The rivet plates (?) on the outside of the hull are awesome too!

looking great so far, keep at it :D

how did you make the holes on the inside look so perfect? other than punching them out. the inside is lookign fantastic. keep it up.

This is truly inspiring... I think I may eventually try to biuld my own land raider now... magnetizing to switch between crusader and normal... Hmmmm.... Absolutely fantastic work, keep it up.

Originally posted by uberdark
    how did you make the holes on the inside look so perfect? other than punching them out. the inside is lookign fantastic. keep it up.
    Here\'s your answer:
    Originally posted by marcineczek0
    all the battle demage and weathering will be done as soon as i finish this tank right now I need to focus on building this beast. It\'s not easy because I need to paint the interior... so I\'m making it in 4 parts. 2 sides, floor and the pieces of roof.
    Right now I\'m strugling to make it all fit so there won\'t be any gaps after I paint the interior.
    the mesh is something I found in my hobbyshop... it\'s some kind of a vinyl sticker with round holes in it. It looks really good when painted.

wow the interior is great. forget what i said.(i just like more shooty things). i like the fact that you have bits from all the ranges.(tau,sm,ig)
    good work maybe i can ford the river of drool i just left eyeballing it.:drool:lol

Default ughh.....

I made some changes...
    I had to make it a little bigger. I had to make it 2 cm wider. It wasn\'t too hard and the tank looks even better... looks heavier and the proportions are better. Right now it can take 12 people and maybe 3 crewmen ( although I don\'t know if I will make the crew).

Some new photos for you guys...

I\'m going back to work... now is the time for drivers cabin and 2 gun turrets.

Holy shit! This is amazing! Did you do all the detailing on the hood above the ramp yourself?

Man, if I had skills like yours I\'d be inventing and building tanks of my own design instead of following forgeworld though. :)

starting to see the light wow
    not sure about the top struts but im sure it\'ll look good when all done. be interested to see if you sell it wand what you\'d get.
    on par or above FW right now:drool:

Incredible projects like this really make me want to take out my plasticard and go crazy.

Wonderful project and amazing attention to detail. I\'m looking forward to watching the progress.

looks awsome man!
    keep up the great work!

thats really good modeling there. keep it up:beer:

ARGH!
    Talented people like you make me wanna... :flame: GRR!!!

Looks great :P
    How much did you spend materials-wise on this mutha?