LIMITED EDITIONS - & the hard to find stuff. What have you got & what are you looking for? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LIMITED EDITIONS - & the hard to find stuff. What have you got & what are you looking for?

AAvH-Darkblade

Forge World stuff might as well be limited editions with the shipping, exchange rate and customs duty it arrives at 3 times the actual price. Just not worth it.

AAvH-Darkblade

Originally posted by calabdark
    anyone interested in parting with their tanath?, i really want tanath cash, cheques, my soul, take your pick?
    According to good sources he will be re-released in English. Right now only the War Toad is out in english and Arakan is due in September. Then Arkeon and then Tanath, so hopefully we won\'t have too long to wait.

Default Aahh! a man after my own heart!

Originally posted by AAvH-Darkblade
    I have to say I\'m \"impressed\" with the level of the violence and sex in them now days. I am really impressed with the art itself, beautiful.
    Which comics are you reading Darkblade?

Probably those bigged eye giant fighting robot lesbain schoolgirl Japanese Mangas..

OK.....

Mainly GW and Black Library limited ed/rare minis....

Black Library:

- Malus Darkblade
    - Leonatos
    - Kal Jerico
    - Bloodquest - The Exiles
    - Gaunt\'s Ghosts
    - Ulli & Marquand
    - The Redeemer
    - The Lone Wolves
    - Ephrael Stern & Inquisitor Hand

GW (early stuff):

- Halfling - collector counter
    - Wizard - collector counter
    - Chaos Warrior - collector counter
    - The White Dwarf (from the GW personalities box set)
    - The Birmingham Store Dwarf
    - The Dwarf Lords of Legends (later released as a Skullz set)
    - 3 versions of Thrudd
    - Undead Plague Cart
    - Gyrinx - a psychic cat for 40K
    - Death Ferret - for 40K

Necromunda

- LE1 Bratt Hive Ganger
    - LE2 Bratt Hive Ganger
    - LE3 Bratt Hive Ganger
    - Bonnie Anderson - Bounty Huntress
    - Lord Helmawr - Lord of Necromunda

Other GW Limited Release minis

- Sgt Centurius
    - the original Emperor\'s Champion
    - Tau Fire Warrior
    - Tau Ethreal
    - Dark Angel\'s Sgt
    - Capt Draco - Black Templar Marshal
    - Epitome of Evil Tour chaos marauder
    - Malus Darkblade (on foot)
    - Phytrion - High Elf Hero
    - French WD100 White Dwarf
    - Eye of Terror - Cadian troopers
    - Elf Waystone - from a high elf cavalry box set
    - Sisters of Battle Shrine
    - Necron Examination table
    - Warhammer of Sigmar
    - Cry Havoc swordsman
    - unreleased High Elf Mage
    - Xmas Space Marine Captain
    - US Games Day Dark Elf Executioners

Games Day Minis

- Games Day 1991 SM Captain
    - Games Day Gorkamorka Nob
    - Games Day 1998 Female Commissar
    - Games Day 1999 SM Captain
    - Games Day 2000 Black Orc
    - Games Day 2001 Kroot Shaper
    - Games Day 2002 Chaos Champion
    - Games Day 2003 Rune Priest

Army Box Ltd Ed minis:

- mounted Bretonnian General
    - Orc Standard Bearer
    - Dwarf Standard Bearer
    - Empire Standard Bearer
    - High Elf Battle Standard Bearer
    - Tomb Kings Battle Standard Bearer
    - Lizardmen Standard Bearer
    - Skaven Standard Bearer
    - Chaos Warriors Standard Bearer
    - Chaos Beastmen Satndard Bearer
    - Vampire Counts Standard Bearer
    - Dark Elf Standard Bearer

Skullz Minis

- Ultramarine Space Marine Standard Bearer
    - \"Iwo Jima\" diorama: depicts a Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Ultamarine Champion raising the Emperor\'s Banner above the battle field.
    - Adeptus Mechanicus set

plus what is already listed above that can be listed under the Skullz heading.

Miniatures that I am still after:

**** 1999 French GD Brettonian Knight
    **** more US GD Dark Elf Executioners

If anyone has any Black Library or GW rare or Ltd Ed minis that they are willing to part with, drop me a line and we\'ll see if we can negotiate a deal.:bouncy:

Default not so limited...

The 98 Games Day Female commissar - she\'s not limited edition anymore, you can just buy her from mail order. She *was*, but I guess there was enough pestering (or something) that she\'s now readily available. But enough people seem to think she\'s still rare (going by ebay titles anyway) that she may not be too devalued regardless. Although I\'m not entirely sure it\'s ethical to profit from someone else\'s ignorance...

For myself I haven\'t got much LE stuff, just a few GD figures here and there (Orks and Orcs, and I think one of the Space marine captains).

It\'s also interesting what (of GW\'s stuff anyway) is LE in one country (mordheim pirate/vampire, high elf hero on foot for example) and readily available in another :) .

AAvH-Darkblade

Originally posted by Chrispy

Probably those bigged eye giant fighting robot lesbain schoolgirl Japanese Mangas..
    Actually Laugh out Loud....lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

AAvH-Darkblade

Originally posted by finn17
    Well, I\'ll have a bash. Most of my stuff is in storage however, as I have been moving house for the last two years!!! So I will have to try and work from memory.

Well, you asked for it....:bouncy:
    Quite the list dude! Well done! You da King!

AAvH-Darkblade

Originally posted by finn17
    Originally posted by AAvH-Darkblade
    I have to say I\'m \"impressed\" with the level of the violence and sex in them now days. I am really impressed with the art itself, beautiful.
    Which comics are you reading Darkblade?
    I\'ve rediscovered Witchblade
    New:
    The Magdalena
    The Magdalena & Vampirella
    - her outfit has inspired my Griffin Armies colour scheme
    X-men: Pheonix - 3 issue mini-series - Chrispy\'s not too far wrong on this one.
    Brath - a historical comic about Celtic warriors fighting off Romans, very cool. Great for Tattoo ideas for Gaels and Kelts.
    Danger Girl - picking up the graphic novels
    Tomb Raider - picking up the graphic novels
    Jim Balent\'s TAROT - very sexy and definitely for mature readers. \"Nice\" artwork. lol

I definitely buy them for the art first, story second. I haven\'t bought in years, but these caught my eye and I\'ll probably start collecting them for a while.
    :D

Darkblade :cool:

AAvH-Darkblade

Originally posted by Big Red
    OK.....

Mainly GW and Black Library limited ed/rare minis....

Miniatures that I am still after:

**** 1999 French GD Brettonian Knight
    **** more US GD Dark Elf Executioners

If anyone has any Black Library or GW rare or Ltd Ed minis that they are willing to part with, drop me a line and we\'ll see if we can negotiate a deal.:bouncy:
    Big Red, Wow, another amazing collection, VERY nice!

If you have links to image of these I\'d love to have a look.

An aside to the group >>>

Actually, everyone, if you have something really cool and rare, links to images would be very cool, so everyone could get a look.

AAvH-Darkblade

Originally posted by Rachel
    The 98 Games Day Female commissar - she\'s not limited edition anymore, you can just buy her from mail order. She *was*, but I guess there was enough pestering (or something) that she\'s now readily available. But enough people seem to think she\'s still rare (going by ebay titles anyway) that she may not be too devalued regardless. Although I\'m not entirely sure it\'s ethical to profit from someone else\'s ignorance...

For myself I haven\'t got much LE stuff, just a few GD figures here and there (Orks and Orcs, and I think one of the Space marine captains).

It\'s also interesting what (of GW\'s stuff anyway) is LE in one country (mordheim pirate/vampire, high elf hero on foot for example) and readily available in another :) .
    Hi Rachel, thanks for posting the heads up on the Female Commissar.

You are right about the country thing too. I\'d never seen the HE Hero anywhere until CMON, I actually thought it was someones conversion untill I saw it on Ebay.

It would be cool to compile a list of these odd GW LEs by country to allow for better hunting.

Anyone know where the Unholy one gets some of her rare editions? Supposedly there was a lahmia made, but it didn\'t fit in the blister so it was never sold. Also, Fitzpatrick also made some Witch Elves with bare breasts, but then covered them up for the mainstream mini but some bare ones wer produced. I can assume Dark Ages gave her the special nurse fig, but it seems there is no slaking her dark thrist for rare minis....

If you have links to image of these I\'d love to have a look.
    For the French GD Knight, try this:

http://www.solegends.com/citle/lefrbrettknight.htm

and the Dark Elf Executioners:

http://www.solegends.com/citrare/citdeexecs.htm

I have just discovered that I have an unreleased Chimera to add to the list. The link for this is:

http://www.sodemons.com/rhmonsters/rhchimera.htm

Ahhh...... that Stuff of Legends website is such a great place to look for all the old minis!!

Whoo hoo just acquired the old Emperor\'s Champion (the silly looking one for the 25th aniversay)!!

Now, the problem becomes: to paint or not to paint? .... I believe it may not be in the original blister, so why the heck not? My only problem in doing THAT is that I may be prone to sell it for big bucks....

Which leads to another question, if a limited edition is paintd well enough, should it get more if it was in the blister? The mint conditons of blisters is great, but then what if you never enjoy it?

Oh, well.. time to buy 20 more Shanys\'s.. :P

Default Any mini collectors in London?

who collect 80\'s stuff (Citadel, Ral Partha, Grenadier etc) should read my post on
    Yahoo Citadel Collectors

Default That looks really good....

Nice call sippog. I haven\'t had chance to have a good look but I have logged on.

I have to say I normally avoid Yahoo like the plague as I can\'t handle the spam that comes with it but as someone else has recently persuaded me to join, what the hell.

Oh God! More things I didn\'t know I neededlol

Originally posted by Chrispy

Now, the problem becomes: to paint or not to paint? .... I believe it may not be in the original blister, so why the heck not? My only problem in doing THAT is that I may be prone to sell it for big bucks....

Which leads to another question, if a limited edition is paintd well enough, should it get more if it was in the blister? The mint conditons of blisters is great, but then what if you never enjoy it?
    This is always a dilemma Chrispy and leads to one of the worst forms of acquisitiveness, which is the desire to obtain several copies of a rare miniature. One to paint, one to keep and one to convert for that added \'wow\' factor. Collecting minis, in fact collecting anything, is like leaping into a big dark bottomless hole.

With regard to the painting, I think a well painted mini is worth at least as much as a MIB, generally a lot more. A really cruddy one, considerably less as you don\'t know what lies underneath that paint. I think the real obsessives who only want MIBs are a fairly rare breed in this game, there are a lot more, like us here, who want to get some enjoyment out of the figure.

Thinking about it, in my experience, the minis which seem to attract the most $ are ones which aren\'t in their packaging, but have been given an ink wash before having a good quality photo taken so that you can see all the yummy detail.
    I have yet to see a good photograph of a blister pack.

Ok lemme see what I have (not that much I\'m afraid)

GW
    - GD Chaos Champion (was that from last year?)
    - Malus Darkblade on foot
    - Dark Angels Captain
    - A few of the boxed army limited editions

Rackham
    - Shanys
    - Ashan Tyr
    - Le Corbeau
    I haven\'t made any attempt to get the other ones because honestly I don\'t think they are that great.... Tarnath (sp?) and the young dwarves are kinda cool though.

i-Kore
    - Enora (Cyril\'s got a wonderful pic of that one here on CMON)
    - Eilea

- Assassin ... half of their range so I\'m not going to list those
    - The CMON minis (Don\'t forget those!)
    - The Jester from Foundry (I also have some other limited editions from Foundry but I don\'t remember which ones....)
    - The new Thrud from Heresy (very cool!)

What I want? The only ones I can think of is Miss Heaven and Hell from Foundry, but I don\'t want to buy the collection they come with to get them.....

Default Aaaaaarrrggghhh!

Originally posted by Jenova
    i-Kore
    - Enora
    (Cyril\'s got a wonderful pic of that one here on CMON)
    There the F did that one come from!!???
    I love their figures but I hate their clockwork website and lack of newsletter etc with every fibre of my being.:mad:

Hi ho, hi ho it\'s off to ebay I go.....:bouncy:

Enora is another freebie with a Ravage 12 month subscription (as Logan was before her)

S