Striking Scorpion wraithlord
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Striking Scorpion wraithlord

Default Striking Scorpion wraithlord

the next project (cheers Tom for the concept sketch) please feel free to comment and pass suggestions.

I think I just creamed my pants! lol Man that thing would be awsome!

That pose is awesome.

You might want to sketch out a side-view as well, just to clarify a few things before you start.

wow :wow:

that will be awsome! I look forward to see how it turns out :)
    very intresting indeed...

// Larre

it\'s finally been started. the knee is going to be a pain and there are some problems with the feet at the moment but it\'ll get sorted

Man, I think you\'re the first person that really \"gets\" the Eldar. This looks great.

I look at this and I think of a cross between a kendo master and Giger\'s ALIEN.

How do tyou guys come up with these kinda positions??

Im no good at that sort of thing at all

any tips?

It seems to be leaning an awful lot forward......Like he\'s going to fall face first into the floor.

Is that just an unfinished area, if not I suggest straightening the torso upwards

Originally posted by Mason
    I look at this and I think of a cross between a kendo master and Giger\'s ALIEN.
    Wow, never actually saw the Alien thing before in the Wraithlord. True though, when it\'s not stood bolt upright.

Downwards-pointing blades also remind me of mantids. And... some Dark Eldar character? Drazhar, i think it may have been. Ha, there\'ve been plenty of figures in the past with blades held like it. Not yet a Wraithlord though...

Dynamism like this is what the plastic Wraithlord was made for. I\'m looking forward to seeing this develop.
    My criticism, however, is that it looks very front-heavy, for a pose that is meant to be stationary (if only for an instant). If there is any way you can make it sit back slightly further on its knees, that\'d be a good thing. You\'ve already got one prepped, in any case.

I was also going to suggest some flowing things, tassels or streamers. Then i looked back at the concept sketch, and saw that it\'s pretty much like i would have suggested. They\'ll be excellent, really get a feeling of movement, emphasise a moment captured in the dance of combat.

Keep it up!

Originally posted by Flightless
    My criticism, however, is that it looks very front-heavy, for a pose that is meant to be stationary (if only for an instant). If there is any way you can make it sit back slightly further on its knees, that\'d be a good thing. You\'ve already got one prepped, in any case.

I was also going to suggest some flowing things, tassels or streamers. Then i looked back at the concept sketch, and saw that it\'s pretty much like i would have suggested. They\'ll be excellent, really get a feeling of movement, emphasise a moment captured in the dance of combat.
    I like the pose leaning forward, and agree that maybe a banner or cloth would aid with the impression that it\'s in motion. The look of this thing makes me think that it\'s bracing against an impact or preparing to leap.

I have to agree with Talion and Flightless, the position doesn\'t look right. Rather than being in a cool, esoteric arts style pose of precision and grace the tilt forwards of his upper torso makes it look like he is going to fall over.

Taking another look at the concept and the work that you\'ve done I can now see that there are perhaps some slight issues with the right leg\'s positioning too. I think that some reference images of a real person in that pose would be useful to ensure it is spot on.

And Mason, I think the first people that really \'got\' the Eldar would probably be Rick Priestley and Jes Goodwin! lol

yeah, didn\'t see the tilt as much as i do now. maybe if i use the \"running\" style feet?? was trying to get the look as if it had just landed from a jump all hunched over but the knee joint won\'t bend as far as in the pic and look right.

any thoughts as to what if the leading hand was changed to be holding on to a rock or dead body or something?? give me some ideas it\'s still early.....

Agreed, much better.

I think you should stick with the two swords, it gives it an elegance you\'d otherwise loose.

instead of chainswords??? was looking forward to making them

Originally posted by stickboy9000
    any thoughts as to what if the leading hand was changed to be holding on to a rock or dead body or something?? give me some ideas it\'s still early.....
    I was referring to that comment. The pic above it wasn\'t working though, so is it relating to something completely different?

i thought you meant to completely change the swords. but i get what you mean now.

tom has finished the fire dragon pic for the wraith....

can\'t wait to do this one. all of them for gamesday this year.

Default and now the head

let me know what you think

I liked the symbol in the orientation that was depicted in the drawing. The way that the curves of the head distort the symbol make it resemble a fish.

Also, IMHO the symbol would look better at half the size that you\'ve sculpted.

I\'m with Mason on this one. The icon would look much better (in my opinion at least) smaller, and in the other orientation.
    Also you\'ll need to smooth it more, you can wait till its completely cured and file it down a bit for a nice smooth finish.