GOD BLESS AMERICA..............AND NO PLACE ELSE !!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOD BLESS AMERICA..............AND NO PLACE ELSE !!!!!!!

Default GOD BLESS AMERICA..............AND NO PLACE ELSE !!!!!!!

The truth is out there somewhere!:D
    It may be painful :no:
    But still it has to be faced :flame:
    AMERICA has the best WHITE DWARF in ALL the known world :beer: :D :beer:

In my global travels I have checked out copies from various countries and in my opinion the good old U.S. of A. comes out top :beer: !!!!

If you Know better ,or you would like to challenge me on this you can meet me at Exmoor Zoological Park Car Park and we will settle this with a duel,drawn ring tailed Lemurs at dawn :cool:

Why have we in the U.K.slipped in so many areas:~(:drool:......Football ,Sport of all kinds, Military Modelling and now this , a country can only know so much shame :(

(I must stop drinking MEDICINAL GUINESS on an empty stomach :drunk:)

GOD bless .............VINCENTI :D

Unfortunately, I don\'t have a way to verify your claims!
    But, if you are filled with medicinal Guinness..you HAVE to be right!

When I clicked on your post I was wondering.. good lord what now..what have we done this time to piss off the world.. But yes I see this is a good thing. Your not the first person Ive herd this from from over in Europe, that the US issue is better. Im not really sure why as I think contest should be pertty much the same..maybe its because we dont have all the adds for the UK based events?

I know our US WD team does write some articles that may only get published here, is that the content you feel is better?

I mean after all how many times a year does one need to see an article on how to build a Leman Russ Tank :P

oh at least four times for a leman russ. although i miss dirty steve and his letters the most. i have actually read a few british issues and they seem fine to me. but i just pray they dont show the france winners... i will feel incredibly inadequate again. :rolleyes:

I can not verify this, but seeing as the one we have here (which I think is basically the UK version with just a bit added local touch) is not worth the paper it\'s printed on, it\'s not an unlikely hypothesis.

My brother in law is going to be visiting very soon from Alberta, so I might get him to bring a copy of the Canadian version over. Just as a comparison of course.

I think where Adie is coming from the fact that the US WD, from what I\'ve seen, has more pages devoted to modelling, and some serious modelling at that. You just have to check out Black Gobbo to see that, or the Slayer Sword Challenge from a while back.

Adie. I concur. Especially that Guiness is a fine medicinal beverage :beer:

I haven\'t read a WD for several years now, but I do agree the US Team did seem to focus on the hobby aspect much more....In fact that whole \'Generals Compedium\" thing was done by them (i think...) Anyhow, that had tons of great hobby ideas, and much of that seemed to come right from the pages.

*sharpens ring tailed lemur*

i have no clue at all about your verasity good sir. but i\'ll dammed to hades if i\'ll miss out on a lemur duel !!

enguard sir!

WD needs to stop being so patronising and assuming all the readers are as thick as pig shit.

The showcase sections they have started doing are good, and the painting tips are getting better with the newer issues, but they need to take it a step up.
    Jervis Johnson\'s column is a good read aswell IMO.

They should take a leaf out of No Quarter\'s hobby sections.
    But saying all this I still get it as Laura bought me the subscription box set with the Ltd Ed goblin model.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    My brother in law is going to be visiting very soon from Alberta, so I might get him to bring a copy of the Canadian version over. Just as a comparison of course.
    Let me put it this way: When the \'North American WD split into the Canadian and American edition, I let my subscription run its course and I haven\'t since renewed it. American WD is the bomb, Canadian WD just bombed :D

Claiming to have the best WD is kind of like arguing you have the least smelly toe jam.

Originally posted by Prophet
    Claiming to have the best WD is kind of like arguing you have the least smelly toe jam.
    I can\'t claim mine is the least smelly, but I do think its in the top 5.

Originally posted by Prophet
    Hmmmm JAM!

Jam or W.D......its all about content , wether the intake of such things builds you up or gets you running for the loo :(

You are what you read , you are what you eat !:cool:

GOD bless .....................VINCENTI :beer:

Originally posted by vincenti

You are what you read , you are what you eat !:cool:

GOD bless .....................VINCENTI :beer:
    well good thing i am not a coprophiliac!

I haven\'t read any of teh US versions of WD either however the last few over hear have been sporadic to disappointing to say the least.

Anya\'s article on the SM bike guy was quite good but this months article on how to paint those Black Orcs was appauling they looked aweful and I would be hard pushed to give them a 5 with that colour they were done in plus pages and pages of crap on the moria dwarves because they are due out :flame:

the aus white dwarf has turned almos entirely into a big GW add. its full of useless crap. though this month sees a feature on the 2005 GD winner. i really like his work and one day hope to own some.

the quality of painted models in the aus edition looks like stuff i painted 5 years ago, and im teaching new hobbyist to paint better than whats in WD.

anyhoo i dont wanna rant for ages so ill stop now.

JoD

Originally posted by War Griffon
    this months article on how to paint those Black Orcs was appauling they looked aweful and I would be hard pushed to give them a 5 with that colour they were done in
    Im pretty sure they were meant to be red, as a few pages on you can see them in an army shot with red armour, but they messed the photography up in the tute. It looked more like a flesh colour, which was a bit odd.

Originally posted by matty1001
    Originally posted by War Griffon
    this months article on how to paint those Black Orcs was appauling they looked aweful and I would be hard pushed to give them a 5 with that colour they were done in
    Im pretty sure they were meant to be red, as a few pages on you can see them in an army shot with red armour, but they messed the photography up in the tute. It looked more like a flesh colour, which was a bit odd.
    Got to check that up (I don\'t have the WD here) Not sure that was the same orks actually. The red from the foundation colour looks more or less like that I think. And even if red can be difficult to photograph they really are professionals and shouldn\'t be able to mess up... ah the GD booklet yeah remember that one. You might have a point! ;)