54mm Dark Elf sculpt by SJB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 54mm Dark Elf sculpt by SJB

Default 54mm Dark Elf sculpt by SJB

Hiya

Been persuaded to start showing off some of the stuff I\'ve got to release when it comes to relaunching Spyglass Miniatures (when I get well). She\'s a way off for that reason but here she is anyway.

54mm scale Elf. I see her as a Dark Elf but she should work as any type based on a colour scheme. Sculpted her a year or so ago and have been sitting on the sculpt (not literally) all though my illness. Started to sculpt a bit again but this is the only finished fig I can show just at the moment.

You can vote on her if you feel generous :)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/157425

Steve B

Nice work Steve I like her a lot and can\'t wait to get my gruby little mitts on her :twisted:

Any news on when you are going to be fully fit up and running?

Done the voting bit :D

Too early to say when I\'ll be up and running with Spyglass. I\'m back to doing a little sculpting but running the business has to wait until I can rely on my health from day to day. Right now it\'s still touch and go but seems to be making a little progress month by month.

Blog Entries

I really like it, Steve. The sparse but interesting looking armor plates are a cool touch. I really like how your Fantasy figures aren\'t over the top and covered in unnecessary details. The few I\'ve painted were really enjoyable.

I hope you\'re feeling better soon because I know you\'ve been missed around here.

God bless,
    -Dan

What was your diagnosis Steve? I remember you saying that you were having an allergic reaction to your putty but I thought that this was a minor complaint, I must have missed something. I noticed you haven\'t been around but I didn\'t make the connection.

The sculpt is very nice, I gave it a 10, though whenever I see a female model I always wish that more girl sculpts were designed sans weapon. Easy to convert I suppose.

nice job. really smoothly sculpted.voted also:beer:

Lovely! I particularly like the slight angularity of the face and the stance, particularly how the torso is sculpted.

Originally posted by Dammekkos2
    What was your diagnosis Steve? I remember you saying that you were having an allergic reaction to your putty but I thought that this was a minor complaint, I must have missed something. I noticed you haven\'t been around but I didn\'t make the connection.
    My diagnosis was originally an inner ear problem but the doctors all seemed to get a bit bored with me so that\'s been downgraded to \'it\'s anxiety\'. Don\'t really believe them but further diagnosis is tough going. Working on it...

No allergic reaction to my putty. It was a thought for a few days that it could be a problem but then I was too ill to sculpt for about 8 months and didn\'t touch putty in all that time. Now I\'ve started again and don\'t seem to have any adverse effects.

Excellent work Steve I want one, hope you get back on your feet soon.

sorry mate but i think that guy is weird looking.

i guess it\'s meant to portray and elf differently to what most people expect but then you went and put huge boobies on it. a chic that skinny has implant if shes that big..

sorry man.

i don\'t think they\'re that big. i\'ve known women that slim with breasts that size. i think she\'s lovely - she could easily be painted as a good/dark elf

Farseerlum: she\'s not weird at all Women come in all Shapes & Sizes. And yes even the shape of Rackham Fianna\'s. (I work with a woman a bit like that, Thankfully she had better dress sense.)

Steve: Absolutley a great simple sculpt once again which allows painters free reign. Man you are waaaaaay to good to us.
    It\' nice to know you are still able to sculpt as I\'d be crying in my Beer/Wine if you had to give up.

Now you know what\'s wanted next: [Svengali voice] Sculpt a Dragon. [/Svengali voice]
    Deep chest, broad shoulders for the wing musclature, lean powerful hips and a really sinister face.

I\'ve known girls that have looked like that too. It\'s pretty rare, granted, but then so are elves ;)

As for a Dragon, I really want to do that but I\'ve not had much success with attempts in the past. Just started on another try and am trying a bit of a different approach but it\'ll all come down to if I can pull it off sufficiently well. Big monsters have never been my area of expertise. I\'m more a humanoid sculptor.

But I\'m trying. I think a Spyglass Dragon could be very cool if done right.

shes 54mm not standard fantasy size. fantasy measurements at this size start to become a bit comical. and yeah i know shes an elf so standards need not apply.

it\'s pretty much the first of steve that i don\'t like. but i still think they are too big for an ectomorph.

the scuplting is of course flawless. steve shouldn\'t worry what i think. it\'s still a great scuplt.

Originally posted by SJB
    I\'ve known girls that have looked like that too. It\'s pretty rare, granted, but then so are elves ;)
    touché

Dayum!
    Shows how tastes differ. I think she\'s your best yet.
    For the first time I\'m tempted to buy a 54mm.
    Of course if you do a 30mm version....:D

Cold and serious. good work

Once again you have astounded me with your skill. Awesome stuff. did the vote thing

I don\'t think her boobs look that big myself!

Shaz