Alt. Dumbo

Thread: Alt. Dumbo

Default Alt. Dumbo

This was my first (poor) attempt at a full sculpt from a doodle I did in the back of my sketchbook years ago:

I finally got around to painting him - well almost, still some bits to do...

Once he\'s finished, he needs a base. Bit stumped really as he needs supporting and I don\'t want to use anything that looks as though it\'s holding him up.

He also needs some buddies:

I\'ve got a few 28mm crows, but they seem a bit small (they\'ll need hats sculpting too :D). Any ideas?

Ta!

Very cute!

I imagine there might be some Reaper familiars that could pass as crows...

\"But I think I will have seen everything
    When I see an elephant fly.\"

I think the crows need to be terrorized by Alt. Dumbo...them bastards have laughed at him for the last time!!!

Very wicked and demented Scott!

You\'ve really been on a paint bender of late!

that\'s genius mate. :cool:

pure frikin genius.

Cheers! :)

I was just having a squiz through my bonsai book, and I found some nice ideas for trees.

Anyone got any links to tutes on making authentically textured trees? Don\'t think I can be arsed to sculpt bark. And what do peeps use for vegetation on said trees? The stuff I used to use for gaming looks a bit cack really.

That is seriously cool and messed up! I like it a lot :D

there is a good guide on antenocitis site mate.
    http://gdteamcanada.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=3292#3292

hah, finally you finished it,

I love the idea, great execution to be your first ^^

well that is cutest elli I\'ve ever seen.. really liking it. any link for voting?

dude, about time!! grat stuff .love the straight jacket

Originally posted by Spacemunkie
    Cheers! :)

I was just having a squiz through my bonsai book, and I found some nice ideas for trees.

Anyone got any links to tutes on making authentically textured trees? Don\'t think I can be arsed to sculpt bark. And what do peeps use for vegetation on said trees? The stuff I used to use for gaming looks a bit cack really.
    I was watching something early this morning on the Discovery Channel about the making of fake bonsai trees (\'bonsai keroi\' I think they called it)...in which the fella was using a dark brown rice paper pressed over a flat surface and brushed with water. When it dries it \'crinkles\' and simulates bark pretty well. I was laughing a little about the fact that he was pressing this over a piece of driftwood...using something that wasn\'t wood to make a piece of wood look like wood.

My wife then pointed out that I use non metallic paints to make a metal mini\'s sword look like metal and I shooshed. lol

Love the movie, love the mini!! You might do a scene from the movie. Remember when he was flying and attacking all the clowns? Might be something there.

I haven\'t seen the movie for such a long time, but after seeing this model I hope the film lives up to its miniature counterpart :D

Some of the background paintings are simply stunning. There\'s a scene with simply a bucket of water and a bar of soap that is GORGEOUS. It\'s movies like Dumbo and Snow White and the Seven Dwarvs (also Ray Harrihausen!) that makes me wish CG was never invented.

I remember this from the dim dark ages of the original sculpting in work thread. Nice to see it finished and painted. The paint job is awesome BTW. Did the vote thing.

Whimsical and charming, both sculpt and paintjob. Great stuff!

Hey Scott, neat to see this one finally finished up (made my weekly zoom by and saw this). Tops for originality and painting as always.

As different as you did Dumbo, are you planning on doing the crows/ravens different as well (beside hats)?

great colors.DD