(for all you bored people) What does your paint station look like? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (for all you bored people) What does your paint station look like?

Originally posted by finn18
    A lot of these \'workstations\' look like my own....

ie they aren\'t actually used for painting!

A proper artist\'s desktop is scruffy and the paint bottles don\'t look like they are brand new...and neatly lined up....and there is some paint spillage FFS!

Come on!

;)
    like mine?

bit of an older pic..... and thats not spilled paint... its simply my paint pallet lol

Originally posted by supervike
    @AsgardUK

Is that the Black Scorpion \'Motorcycle\'I see ?
    It Certainley is SuperVike, i received it in the post Tuesday morning, im doing a little bit of conversion work to it at the moment adding saddle bags and stuff, just small extra details.

if you look closely you should see one of the black scorpion Pirates half painted on a paint pot, yeah im a bit of a fan:D

Default Return of the son of the workspace thread !

Weee, my workspace is expansive again :flip:

soo green......

do you like the color red over green.

hehe;)

Originally posted by finn18
    A lot of these \'workstations\' look like my own....

ie they aren\'t actually used for painting!

A proper artist\'s desktop is scruffy and the paint bottles don\'t look like they are brand new...and neatly lined up....and there is some paint spillage FFS!

Come on!

;)
    FFS? For fracks sake?

I\'m a freak about the neatness, what can I say? I actually wipe my bottles clean when I spill paint on them....

I now i\'m resurrecting this thread but i was so proud of my workstation i had to show the world! I recently bought my first house and after much DIY (i am terrible at any kind of DIY but am gradually getting better) I have this to show the world!

Blog Entries

Well I love these threads so don\'t worry about the res\'ing ;)

Here\'s mine (I moved rooms since the last thread)

Temporary Sanity

Default wootles

Well, I finally found what I was looking for, and after a few additions and modifications, I have myself a completely cat-proof, and dog-proof painting station.

I picked this armoire up for $60 on Craigslist, and the trim I used to make the paint shelf came up to about $15. I\'m quite pleased with it!

My OCD dictated that I organize my paints by color. The first four shelves, and continuing onto the 5th are the normal colors. The opposite side of the 5th row is fleshtones, exclusively. The 6th shelf contains all my metallics. the 7th shelf has my inks, washes, and clears. Bottom shelf is primers, empty bottles, brush on varnish and glaze medium. :D

It\'s nice having this lower shelf area. I can keep all my putty, clippers, xacto\'s, water bowls, sandpaper, and anything else I use frequently tucked out of the way, but very close at hand.

As you can see, I have a hard time focusing on one project at a time.

Files and sculpting tools?

Bitz and basing materials (flocks, sand, grasses in Superman lunchbox).

Keeping the dremel in here for now, but will most likely store boxed sets of figs, like my rhino\'s and misc bits still on sprue.

Well this is fairly bland...

Tidy right now\'cause I\'m doing some flat painting, and trying to keep it a bit organised so it\'s a bit easier to pack up when we move out soon :(
    Yes, I keep my paint in shoe box lids.

I often get distracted and just scooch on round to here...

The Nerd-tertainment centre:D

Well I can\'ty link images here at work, so you will have to click on a link. Strenuous I know, but you will live.

Work Place, New and Old

All the stuff on the old desk has to be moved over to the shelves. Im doint at a rate of about 1 item an hour :)

@ All the people at the top of this page who were talking about spillages, Ive just spilt a tub of superglue all over my perfect carpet. AAHHH!!:flame: Its made the patch rock solid (and sandable). Dreading the time my parents find out about it.:(:(

Edit: sorry, make that top of last page

Posted these in one of the other threads, since then the table of unpainted fantasy minis has become the table of \'to be sold in a yardsale\' talbe (not the minis, stuff that we are getting rid of).

Painting area:

Unpainted fantasy (and a few extras) now in the cupboard below:

And the last for now, the unpainted 40K \'box\'

Undert the painting talbe are 3 milk crates of unpainted and un-assembled minis to go with all the stuff in the game room still in boxes (2 copies of Warhammer Fantasy last edition, Space Hulk, Man\'o\'War, etc) I tend to keep the \'playing pieces\' with the game until I decide to paint them.