Golden Daemon Fraud
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Daemon Fraud

Default Golden Daemon Fraud

Thank you to all those that brought it to my attention. Some little PUNK!!! used my miniature...Slaneeshy Lord to be exact to win Youngblood Canada Golden Daemon -1st place. I won\'t mention his name, you can get that from GW. I\'ve already contacted GW and they are on it. I don\'t blame the brainless 14 year old, however I do blame the adult that enabled him to do it. SHAME ON YOU!!!.
    That persons ebay id is bobert_88 if he tries to buy your stuff BEWARE!!!.
    Sincerely
    one PISSED off
    pitynoman:flame:::flame:

Default Ouch!

That must really sting!

Console yourself with the thought of the thorough fraggin the prat who pulled this stunt is now likely to receive. I wouldn\'t want to be in his shoes.:flame::(

Default That sucks!

I agree with you, that the parents are responsible.

BUT if that little dude is 14 he had better know basic right from wrong at that age. He had to know that this kind of crap is wrong. I hope he learns a lesson and issues an apology.

Wouldn\'t it be a bit obvious that a child is painting to and adult standard? I think those GW judges are idiots anways (he says, still bitter about the fac that they always show honorable mentions except the year when he enters...)

Looks like GW has taken action. The pic has been removed.

Default Painters IP if you will

Pity,
    sorry bro that sucks!! i\'d be a bit more cautious how you throw his identity around. i think some of you top competion level painters would be hard pressed for your \" don\'t enter my mini \" agreements to hold water.
    it\'s too bad it happens but did you really expect these unkown folks would honor your requests?!?
    G~

Hi Snowdog - It\'s not a matter of whether or not they expected their buyers to honor the agreement, but one of copyright infringement. It\'s a creative work and subject to creator\'s control, and Pitynoman\'s got every right in the world to go after these people. He could even sue for what he perceives the value of the fraud.

They were dumb stumps to do it, tho\'... Any creativity-oriented community tends to look out for its own. I\'ve had a couple of my humor writing pieces stolen and posted under the thief\'s name, and within HOURS someone\'s pointed them out and they\'ve been taken down.

Actually, this type of thing happened here a few months ago, too, where somebody posted an excellent article about repositioning a mini under someone else\'s name. Few hours later, down. Kinda scary how fast theft gets back to the creator these days.

- Otter
    \"Never send a ferret to do a weasel\'s work.\"

I\'m really curious, I didn\'t get to see the miniature before GW took it down. Is it posted anywhere else? Or, does anyone have a picture of it?

Just curious,
    Have fun!
    -Pellimore

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Otter

Actually, this type of thing happened here a few months ago, too, where somebody posted an excellent article about repositioning a mini under someone else\'s name. Few hours later, down. Kinda scary how fast theft gets back to the creator these days.

- Otter
    \"Never send a ferret to do a weasel\'s work.\"
    Well, it could be the fact that we all live in each others back pockets these days due to the net.

Hi Pitynoman,

I am sorry to hear that ur mini was entered into a GD by someone else.....

actually I am surprised that this kinda thing dont happen more often.... cos I mean, with every sale of a mini there is the chance some punk is gonna use it to enter a contest.....

I am kinda wondering if any of you guys have ever tried any means of er..... \"watermarking\" ur mini.... ie..... putting a painter\'s mark or something that sayz..... yeah I painted this.......

Well, I think that sites like this provide some sort of authentication to your work. If you painted something for sale, and posted it here, you can reasonably expect to have enough evidence to back your claim in the case the buyer decides to try a dumb stunt like that, just by checking the date it was posted here, and the date of the event celebrated.

Not that I sell my stuff, but for everything that I have painted for either my local store or anyone else I always take a record photograph. (plus it adds to a portfolio) This is about the only way of maintaining a record which can be used to protect the intilectual & artistic rights of the painter in such a case.

Plus what were the GD judges thinking coudn\'t tell by the standard that it was not \'Youngbloods\' material?.

I agree wholeheartedly that the kid shouldn\'t have entered it. However, I\'m sorry but there are kids out there who can paint just as well as the adult GD winners. Therefore I don\'t think comments along the lines of \"the judges should have seen that the model was painted by an adult\" are justified.

Regards

Kat

Originally posted by Chrispy

Wouldn\'t it be a bit obvious that a child is painting to and adult standard?
    Strangely, I\'m an adult painting to a child\'s standard, and no one seems to think THAT\'S odd. Or at least if they do, they don\'t say anything, bless their hearts.

This is the third time I\'ve heard of someone entering a purchased mini in a painting contest...the first was GenCon, I think, and the guy entered a coupla minis? Can\'t remember.

I wonder if people are just now getting the idea to enter purchased minis, or if we\'re just now able to detect it.

Haley, sorry Chris, has on all her ebay auctions a line that says something like: \"By buying my mini you are also agreeing not to enter it in any contest\" It\'s been at least a year since she\'s had that on there so it\'s not entirely new though the use of the web makes it easier than ever to check and see if your work is a winner somewheres.

I don\'t think it\'s a matter of any agreement or contract between the painter and buyer. Most contests have rules that you have to enter something you painted YOURSELF :) I mean that is the point, right? GD is especially insistent on this IIRC. Because it is fraud.

That really sucks big time. Thankfully it was caught and the offense repaired, or being so hopefully. Yet another good reason to post your work for us to enjoy, though:) Validation!

Default And on a lighter note...

Originally posted by Ovus The Peon

Strangely, I\'m an adult painting to a child\'s standard, and no one seems to think THAT\'S odd. Or at least if they do, they don\'t say anything, bless their hearts.
    lollollollollollollol

Default Hmmmm

Well, shame on the kid for scamming. The way I see it, it is 100% HIS fault. Parents? They may just do what the kid wants... Since HE is entering, he should be aware of the rules. Also, please don\'t blame GW for this. Serious, do you think they know who paints what out of thousands and thousands of models? Oh, and why couldn\'t a kid paint to that level? Paul Gilbert played guitar since he was like born, and by 18, he had 2 or 3 albums out already with Racer X AND he was teaching at the Musician\'s Institute... so imagine how good he must have been when he was still 14...

All in all though, it is a shame, and people should really show better character than to try stuff like this.

The_Mutato

I thought that Slaaneshi Lord was too good to be painted by a 14 year old (Or younger)! Really disgusting, what this punk did! I think that he will be banned from Games Day from now on! I heard that one of the rules is if you enter someone else\'s mini, you get banned for LIFE!