Golden Daemon Fraud - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Golden Daemon Fraud

MaestroOfMayhem

At least it won 1st place....

Probably the one and only reason Matt Parks entry didnt win the sword is that it wasnt based correctly. It wasn\'t on a gaming base which is needed by the rules for that category.. I spoke with Matt later in the day after GD and he had to admit it was a mistake hed never make again.

So theres a lesson to learn here ..FOLLOW the RULES! LOL

Originally posted by Logansama
    I shall not comment on Jakob Nielsen or Matt Parke\'s Slayer Sword wins as I don\'t want to see a flame war started by people who want to defend them at all costs. I will say however that Matt Parke\'s entry in the Warhammer Large Monster category this year was the most impressive thing I have ever seen and deserved to walk away with the prize.

Does that mean that warhammer single minis can\'t be mounted on the little round bases??? Because the skink shaman I painted was (I had previously used the model for bloodbowl).

Oh well,

Regards

Kat

I think incorrect basing will count against a mini if it is coming down to the wire, but will not automatically discount it from winning anything.
    ie a fantastically modelled and painted piece on the wrong type of base will still probably place, but the fact that it is based wrong will leave it at a disadvantage compared to other models at the same skill level

Nope..I mean he had NO gaming base on that figure what so ever..It was more of a small diorama and more of an open category entry. I think if he had it on some kind of a gaming base it might of won the sword.. when it comes down too it.. The judges were and are pretty flexible in their judgeing.. but they had t find smething negative and I guess thats what was it.

On a side note, I thought Joe Hills Beastman Shaman was wonderful and possibly the best piece there in my opinion.

Originally posted by KingM
    I think incorrect basing will count against a mini if it is coming down to the wire, but will not automatically discount it from winning anything.
    ie a fantastically modelled and painted piece on the wrong type of base will still probably place, but the fact that it is based wrong will leave it at a disadvantage compared to other models at the same skill level
    :)

RHerneson

Default Side question

Ok, as stupid as this looks, what is the URL for superduperpainters.com? I tried www. superduperpainters.com & got nothing & Google hasn\'t a clue either.
    Thanks.

RH