Lich Lord Terminus\' Wings

Thread: Lich Lord Terminus\' Wings

Default Lich Lord Terminus\' Wings

Hey Guys,

Just curious if anyone out there has any techniques for attaching Terminus\' wings. I looked in Brushthralls and it looks like they just glued it and used a super-glue accelerator. I don\'t really see any way to pin them so I was hoping someone out there might have some experience with this.

I am going to use him for gaming so I want him to be as sturdy as possible. Also, did anyone here just use super-glue and not have any problems?

Thanks.

i would find someone who has painted it on the site and pm them

Don\'t know the guy you\'re talking about ...

Any pictures?

Maybe you could build up some sort of supporting sculpting with GS?

Originally posted by DaN
    Don\'t know the guy you\'re talking about ...

Any pictures?

Maybe you could build up some sort of supporting sculpting with GS?
    here he is- http://www.privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/gallery/default.php?level=picture&id=27

Never seen the figure in person, but judging by the assembly & painting writeup Mike & Ali McVey gave it, there\'s already pins built into the sculpt of the wings. They just used superglue + accelerator, added more glue afterwards to overcome the brittleness of accelerated CA glue, and then puttied in the gaps with Green Stuff.

Dunno what else you could do, short of making longer pins and drilling into the body?

Blog Entries

I know Tommie Soule who is active on the forums, painted a great version of Terminus..

You could message him since he\'s pretty cool. :D

you know me? do i know you?
    but i am pretty and cool tho.lol

ALWAYS PIN EVERYTHING EVER!!!!
    if you don\'t you will regret it. unfortunatly i don\'t have a wip for you to see how and where i pinned it, just be careful and pin into the body first to mke sur you get the best foundation, e.g not half on half off a rib. make sure your pin location in the body is as in line with the first part of the wings limb as possible.
    DON\'T EVER SKIMP ON PIN DEPTH!!!
    at least 5mm for all things that allow it, but more is secure(rhyme snigger).

heres a pic of it all smashed in cos i was a mong. but if no pins coulda been worse really.
    now he\'s a beeeyoootifull butterfly
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/142541
    http://coolminiornot.com/artist/Tommie+Soule

Blog Entries

Uhm my sentence sucked there.. it should read

I know Tommie Soule (who is active on the forums) painted a great version of Terminus..

I loves me some Privateer minis ;D Cept I\'m not a Cryx player... IM A MENITE :D w00t