Miniature painting in and around Seattle?

Thread: Miniature painting in and around Seattle?

Default Miniature painting in and around Seattle?

Hi guys,

My company is going to send me to Seattle for a couple of months and currently I am trying to find out a couple of things:

- Is there a mini painter\'s community in or around Seattle? If yes, how can I get in touch with them?

- Are there good stores in or around Seattle that sell miniatures / tabletop stuff?

- What are the best miniature online shops in the US?

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Thomas (Stoessi)

Well there\'s definetly some pretty good mini activity in seattle. I know there are two stores over there, it\'s home to privateer, and both McVey are in Seattle if I\'m not mistaken, as well as the queen of credit. :)

Didn\'t the McVey\'s move back to the UK a while ago? I\'m sure I remember Fluffy saying so.

Blog Entries

Seattle Area Painters

It\'s been pretty quiet on that board lately but it can be livened up again.

Brilliant! Thanks for the feedback!

Bump...

Any feedback on miniature online shops in the US?

Cheers,
    Thomas (Stoessi)

If you\'re interested in stores and such around Tacoma (half hour or so south) you can check out \"game matrix\". Its a seedy little mini store just off I-5 with smelly customers, but they have loads of minis and lots of room to play.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Stoessi
    Bump...

Any feedback on miniature online shops in the US?

Cheers,
    Thomas (Stoessi)
    thewarstore.com has always served me well.

Originally posted by frenchkid
    Well there\'s definetly some pretty good mini activity in seattle. I know there are two stores over there, it\'s home to privateer, and both McVey are in Seattle if I\'m not mistaken, as well as the queen of credit. :)
    No the McVeys are safely back in the UK again.

But yes Seattle has a large Miniature painting community. I know there at lkeast 2 GW stores in the area too. Let me send a email to a friend out there who meets every Friday with a groupe at a shop to paint..Ill get back you you.

Originally posted by Dragon Forge Design
    But yes Seattle has a large Miniature painting community. I know there at lkeast 2 GW stores in the area too. Let me send a email to a friend out there who meets every Friday with a groupe at a shop to paint..Ill get back you you.
    There\'s 4 GW stores if you count Tacoma.

Blog Entries

Be a little more exact on where in the seattle area and I can be more helpful (if it\'s the north end) Traffic around here is terrible so driving from north seattle to south tacoma can take over 90 minutes sometimes.

@Dargon Forge Design: Thanks! I am looking forward to hearing from you.

@johnboyjjb: Unfortunately I can\'t be more specific at the moment as I don\'t know yet where I\'ll be living. I will send you a pm once I know more.

Thanks guys!

@johnboyjjb: This Saturday I will fly to Seattle until December. I will be working and living in Bellevue, but my company provides me with a car, too. I\'ve also posted a reply on the SAP list. Do some of you still meet sometimes?

Blog Entries

Um, no, not that we couldn\'t, just that we haven\'t. Bellevue isn\'t bad for the hobby. They don\'t have anything directly but just a few miles north are two great stores.

Two stores a few miles north? When you find the time could you please tell me the names or the addresses? Also, I will need to find an art and craft shop. Can you give me a tip where to find a good one?

Cheers,
    Thomas (Stoessi)