favorite artists?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: favorite artists??

Originally posted by Ogrebane
    There are so many great artists on this site it would be hard to pick my top artists.

Tidicco has been metioned as has Shawn. Some others of note for me are Yellow one, Alexi, Victoria, Arjay does the best NMM in my opinion and the list goes on.

Some of the up and coming artists I like are Bill, Uberdark (You know you love to hear your name) and surprise but Greenone I have watched as his stuff improves with every stroke.

Could go on all day. Pick the top 200 artists and I probably love the work of half and amire the work of the other half.

Cheers
    thanks ogre. i appreciate it. :)

as for me i like ritual\'s stuff quite a bit. he also was incredibly nice to me when i started.
    dragonsreach as well:mainly because of his old style painting skills. they work very well with his choices to paint.
    alexi: yeah she\'s good and then some.
    victoria hardy: the only person i know of who gives shawn rl a run for his money.

thats about it. rock on

uber

Favorite artist - Anders Eklund, and not just for his paint jobs.
    His devotion to helping beginners and giving advice is something I am very appreciative of from him. He is very active on sites and has given me alot of help to improve, including a step by step crit of a model I painted.
    Plus he seems like a really cool bloke! Il buy him a pint in October!

Other than that there are to many to name, Mike who I met is a great bloke, and a great painter. And everyone who has given me advice via\'s PM\'s or WIP\'s get\'s my vote (you know who you are ;) )

Blog Entries

Automaton - always willing to give advice, amazing metallics.
    Silphid - The guy that made Magmatrax and showed that even those without an arty background can produce amazing minis
    Kaple - His DVD taught me the basics of painting
    Arjay - love his style and SENMM
    Cheeba - he seems to have stopped subbing :(
    Arkaal - awesomeness.
    Tidoco / JRN - Metallic goodness.

Originally posted by uberdark

dragonsreach as well:mainly because of his old style painting skills. they work very well with his choices to paint.
    Old style...Now I\'m beginning to feel my years. Cheers John.
    I really must get some decent pictures of my more recent stuff. There is a \'slight\' difference in my painting these days.

victoria hardy: the only person i know of who gives shawn rl a run for his money.
    Either Victor Hardy has decided to undergo a major life change :o, or you mean Victoria Lamb.
    Either way I\'ve seen both painters work up close and personal.
    Ms Lamb\'s is my personal preference because she shows lighting and character in her figures.
    Vicor Hardy\'s, while technically excellent painting, just doesn\'t do anything for me.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Originally posted by uberdark

Old style...Now I\'m beginning to feel my years. Cheers John.
    I really must get some decent pictures of my more recent stuff. There is a \'slight\' difference in my painting these days.

Either Victor Hardy has decided to undergo a major life change :o, or you mean Victoria Lamb.
    Either way I\'ve seen both painters work up close and personal.
    Ms Lamb\'s is my personal preference because she shows lighting and character in her figures.
    Vicor Hardy\'s, while technically excellent painting, just doesn\'t do anything for me.
    oops ...yep i meant victoria lamb.

i bet vic hardy is pretty ticked right now. hehehe.

I really enjoy Seb Archers (automaton) minis, for the character and atmosphere he is able to put into his work, and his readiness to help!

I really really like Yellow Ones work, and as mentioned previously, Banshee\'s minis, for the technical brilliance again coupled with character!

Haven\'t seen his named mentioned so therefor i have to say, Adam Benesz.
    Mostly because of his orc collection, lol & He\'s been a great reference for me as a \"rookie painter\".

//Cheers - Sudden

hmmmm who\'s my favorite artist you ask . . . well I guess I\'d have to say . . . ME! I love me!

</tongue in cheek>

I don\'t know if I really have a favorite right now. I used to have one but not so much any more now that I\'ve gotten a bit better at this whole painting thing.

I dunno, there are lots of good painters and I can appreciate different styles and techniques.

Dirk Stiller (aka Brushguy)
    Angela Imrie (aka Saxonangel)
    Dan Byer (aka Jericho)

The rest are of course all the top painters and I expect nothing but amazing things every time. However, these painters more reflect my own style and interests :P

I have too many to list... but here\'s some:

Arjay - for his ultra clean blending and mind numbing NMM and SENMM

Arkaal - for pretty much the same reasons.

Automaton - Because Seb\'s a very nice guy who\'s always willing to help and because I feel honored to have him help me when I see his work. Automaton has singlehandedly had more influence over my work than any other painter. Whether he knows it or not I learned much of what I know from him.

Shawn RL - why else? OSL-foo. Not to meantion he may be the single most willing guy to lend a hand with up and comers. And talk about patience. I\'ve learned much from his OSL WIP thread.

Marike Reimer - Shut up. Her eyes are ridiculous. And yet another great painter more than willing to answer questions and help. I\'ve almost got her eye technique down.

Cyril - his technical mastery is supernatural.

Yellow one - One word: Vehicles.

Haley - I think everyone loves Jen\'s work. She\'s really good at getting great results from fairly simple ideas and her color choices are impeccable. Her new reapercon sophie model is one of the best models I\'ve ever seen.

Natalya Melnik (Alexi Z) - She collects demons like Robert Jordan\'s books collect dust. I love the textures she paints on many of her pieces. She\'s just a fantastic artist.

The McVeys - both of them. Great stuff

That\'s some of my top painters...certainly not all and in no particular order. I like them all for different reasons.

My favorite sculpt: Freeman\'s 54mm Beelphegor for Andrea

My favorite painted mini: Ulrik - space wolf with a wolf on a chain - I think it was painted by Karaikal. It blows my mind.