How do you transport your minis to GD?

Thread: How do you transport your minis to GD?

Default How do you transport your minis to GD?

This is my first and i\'m not quite sure how to keep it safe for the drive and entry to the event.

Check out Jakob Nielsons website (he has provided a link in his profile). He has written a great tutorial about it on there!

Curse you Daveyboy!!!
    You beat me to it :(
    Yeah that tut\'s great, i am going to do that providing i can find one or two at the local Ikea. If not i\'m fairly sure you could improvise...:)

Blue-tac around and/or under the base. Stick them on a flat surface and be sure that the model is pinned into the base. I have travelled to UKGD with that set-up and I had them all in an GW carrying case. You can fill up with foam as well around it if it\'s a fragile model. If for example an arm comes off you don\'t want it to start chipping other parts of the model through friction.

Originally posted by Avelorn
    Blue-tac around and/or under the base. Stick them on a flat surface and be sure that the model is pinned into the base.
    Same here, excpet last time I didn\'t have enouth blue tac so I\'m starting my mini collection back form scratch :P

I wrap the model in tissue, and place it in \"army transport\" foam trays, although GW or any other foam trays are good.

I wouldnt reccomend this for plane flights or anything, as I just drive 400 miles to games day. :)

-Matt

make sure your container is waterproof a lot of people ended up with papier mache boxes last year,...

my box was in a plastic bag :D :P

donga666

Originally posted by generulpoleaxe
    my box was in a plastic bag :D :P
    Mine will be in a special box made by VolksWagen or Citroen (If my wife lets me use the \'big-one\').

In some ways I have thigs alot easier all my minies are pinned to a bloody big bit of MDF, a diorama. It is very much on the limits of max size and fits snuggly into a plastic box with some carefully placed packing bags (the air filled ones).

But transporting minis stood-up and stuck to a board, is very much the safest.

My entry survived Spacemunkies driving a couple of years ago :D

I have loads of those glasses wipes from my old pair of glasses. If you have one of these, it would be better to wrap around the miniature than tissue because tissue can leave particles on the model, and is a bit rougher. :)

After seeing Bragon\'s wooden box method, I built mine, complete with handle and it now opens compeltely different that when I had bought it (as a small wooden chest). Two bumpy car rides, no damages as of today.