How can they DO this?

Thread: How can they DO this?

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Default How can they DO this?

They are re-making Halloween! Why? How? I hate all the \"them\" out there for this.

My husband grew up in South Pasadena and the high school was not far from \"that house\" in Holloween. The town moved it when they fixed the railroad tracks so as to preserve it so it\'s not in the same neighborhood anymore. This means they can\'t use it in the re-make. How can you make this movie without THAT house? And Jamie Lee Curtis? It\'s ruining old memories not just of the mivie but of them filming it and everything! Damn thier eyes!:cussing:

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

??? seems like Hollywood is on a high to \"remake\" a lot of old movies.

It\'ll just end up being a poor version of it, like so many horror films that followed were, including the sequels.

\"They\" (Rob Zombie) already made the movie, it\'s to be released in a few months.

Oh gawd. I like his music but I don\'t think the film will be up to much. I haven\'t seen his other film(s) but I don\'t think he\'s the right person for this job.. That said, nobody is the right person for the job. It shouldn\'t have been remade.

I\'ve been following the development of the film for a couple months now. Supposedly the new one will focus a lot more on Michael and why he is the way he is - as opposed to the classic where he just...was.

Apparently Zombie has added Michael raping some of his victims prior to killing them (as well as upping the body count a bit), which I don\'t imagine will win him many fans amongst the die-hard Halloween fans out there.

Hmm, that doesn\'t sound good, and indeed pointless. They may as well have just had different characters and be a different film, hopefully something more original.

Originally posted by darthfoley
    I\'ve been following the development of the film for a couple months now. Supposedly the new one will focus a lot more on Michael and why he is the way he is - as opposed to the classic where he just...was.

Apparently Zombie has added Michael raping some of his victims prior to killing them (as well as upping the body count a bit), which I don\'t imagine will win him many fans amongst the die-hard Halloween fans out there.
    I saw the trailer while at Rush Hour 3 (loved the movie, by the way). They did made it look like it would have scenes for \"origins\" etc. and then have the stuff where he does all the killing.

I guess it is easier than coming up with something new.

I do like Rob Zombies work. I am looking forward to it.

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    ??? seems like Hollywood is on a high to \"remake\" a lot of old movies.

I\'m kinda with Ebon on this one.
    Rob Zombie\'s done pretty well with his films, to date, and I\'ve got my fingers
    crossed that he\'ll keep up his standard.

Of course if it bites, I\'ll deny this post.

re-makes seem to be flavour of the month. take a well known film and people will go see it just because of the name. pyscho, the omen, are just a couple they redid and were never going to be as good, partly because films that shocked years ago dont these days

Mindless repeats. Doesn\'t anybody come up with any thing new or original? Dagnabbit! Back in my day, they made every movie starting with a blank page...

... whoops. Wrong thread. Sorry! lol

Originally posted by PegaZus
    Mindless repeats. Doesn\'t anybody come up with any thing new or original?
    There is nothing original anymore, hence all the godforsaken remakes.

Originally posted by Ebonbuddha
    I guess it is easier than coming up with something new.
    I guess he\'s decided to follow the same philosophy he applied to his music thenlol

come on the remake is a time honored scitick. just look at the latest releases. Distruba <sp?> on DVD a remake (the Back Window) and whats the new one coming out in theaters? Invasion? another remake (Invasion of the Body Snatchers). Hell Im thinking that someone is working on a remake of the Blob, or \"It Came from Outer Space\" who knows?

Blog Entries

Originally posted by mud duck
    come on the remake is a time honored scitick. just look at the latest releases. Distruba <sp?> on DVD a remake (the Back Window) and whats the new one coming out in theaters? Invasion? another remake (Invasion of the Body Snatchers). Hell Im thinking that someone is working on a remake of the Blob, or \"It Came from Outer Space\" who knows?
    Blob has already been done -