Magical Marmalade Monster Motivates Monkeys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magical Marmalade Monster Motivates Monkeys

Default Magical Marmalade Monster Motivates Monkeys

Ok, so the magic part was accurate...
    Or - for the more pedantic among us (I\'m looking at YOU Einion ;)) ;Magick

Anyhoo. Here he is - still just getting the metallics done before I finish the rest of the basic coat.

Edit: Just realised people might be wondering why some areas of the cloak are green :P I was going for a sort of iridescent effect, but Im not ENTIRELY convinced it\'s worked...

Will it be chunky marmalade or smooth?

really dig this mini! love the \"face\" or what the hell it is... is this a 40k GW? or some conversion?

Are you a shredhead or a shredless wonder? :P

@Zap- it IS GW 40k, it\'s a chaos sorceror (Equivalent to marine librarian) ... and the head of this particular one (I think there 3 different types - not including Ahriman of the Thousand sons) is a right pain in the arse (Especially the eyes, which are TINY and in-between the overhang of the top of the helmet and the jut of the mouth guard thingy.

... not including Ahriman of the Thousand sons) is a right pain in the arse (Especially the eyes, which are TINY and in-between the overhang of the top of the helmet and the jut of the mouth guard thingy.
    lol I didn\'t spot that! I thought the \"face\" WAS that thingy the helmet, like the \"mouth of souron\", couldn\'t make up my mind on what was what...

well it\'s a cool mini never the less.

God, TELL me about it - it was hard enough to discern before undercoating - and even THEN ... :/

I actually LIKE the iridescent effect. It\'s not super convincing, but I think rendering that in normal paints simply can\'t ever be as good a trompe l\'oeil as, for instance, good NMM. (I dare you to prove me wrong, though ;))

I think it\'s partially knowing (Roughly at least) where the colours would APPEAR on that surface...

I think I may have to conduct some experiments with something covered in oil (Though I won\'t risk the actual figure! lol) Unless anyone knows of any resource or something...?

Updatey-ness ahoy.
    Toned down the \"Irridescence\" on the robes, but added another colour - purple, which does look good IRL, but not sure if you\'ll be able to see it that well in the photos...

Eyes are a pain :/ (Not finished)

Hmm, not much feedback recently :P
    Here\'s another update

nope I give up what have you done since last time???

hehe - I guess it\'s quite hard to see from the pics :P

Refinements mainly, but you can see most difference in the helmet... Spines?

He\'s ALMOST finished. Just have to do the plasma pistol hand, backpack and think about what to put on the base.

OK I can see it now... I thought it got a bit darker towards the top but I put it down to the photo being darker.

Which backpack have you ended up with?

Thats really nice.

I actually thought the all-green shimmeriness (?) was cool, but I like it like this too.

Oh, and if you\'re counting Ahriman, there are five different 40k Chaos sorcerors - there\'s a Thousand Sons specific one in the TS squad box.:P

Yeah, I may well pick the shimmeriness :D up again once I get more of a handle on it, but it doesn\'t look too bad at the moment with the small areas of green and purple (That doesn\'t bloody show up in the photos :flame:)

I know it\'s a bit late now but seeing as he doesn\'t have much in the way of eyes himself how about doing the thing in the middle of his staff like a big eyeball?

Edit: then it would look like Ulysses 31 lol

@UD - Interesting... As he\'s chaos I guess I could try something like the eye of Sauron...

Originally posted by DaN
    @UD - Interesting... As he\'s chaos I guess I could try something like the eye of Sauron...
    yea! def go with that!

Latest - with pistol and backpack attached...