Your Favorite Music! (Bored topic)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Music! (Bored topic)

Default Your Favorite Music! (Bored topic)

well I\'m bored so I thought I might start a topic about music, since I love it.

So the Topic question is, What type of music do you listen to, and why? How did you find the love for this music?

I of course listen to heavy, and other types of metal, anywhere from hardcore, grindcore, death, thrash, and some black metal. The only one that I hate is Nu metal, or New metal. Absolutely hate all those bands like limp biskit and all that trash.

Right now I\'m listening to a band called # inches of blood, I hated them, but the I saw them open for my favorite band Lamb of God, and my views about them changed, theyre amazing.

This genre was unknown to me until I was 13ish. The first time I heard a heavy metal song, I fell in love with the genre. I\'m a metal junkie, I want faster and harder riffs everytime!

So get to responding.... :cool: :D

Default METAL!!!

You can\'t kill the metal.
    The Metal will live on.
    Punk Rock tried to defile the metal
    but metal was too strong.
    - Tenacious D

yeah, go metal.
    Cradle Of Filth, Archenemy, Divine Heresy, DevilDriver, In Flames, Amon Amarth, you get the picture.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

I\'ll listen to anything in small doses, although I\'ve found myself listening to the Gorillas more and more.

My all time favorite music is Christmas music. Don\'t ask. It has to do with a religous cult, my birthday and bright shiney things.

I also really like African Jazz

Recently I started listening to many, many different genres.. Oldschool blues (early 1900\'s), Blues from 1940s-present (mostly electric and acoustic guitar), Big Band Jazz, 40s - present day jazz (mostly solo musicians, i.e. Sonny Rollins, the great Wes Montgomery, Charlie Christian), I got to see Wynton Marsalis and Sonny earlier this year, and even got Wynton\'s autograph.

Besides jazz and blues, R&B, Rock N\' Roll, Classic Rock, Funk, Heavy Metal, Metal, Punk Rock, Punk, Folk/Folk Rock, Dance Rock, Indie Rock, Techno, Nu-Metal (:P Exp), \"Emo\" (more pop-punk, I would say).

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:D I love the voices of \"Celtic Women\"...softly playing while I paint...

Blog Entries

Originally posted by wiccanpony
    ;) other times too. :innocent: :kiss: :twisted:

Originally posted by lizcam
    Originally posted by wiccanpony
    ;) other times too. :innocent: :kiss: :twisted:
    :o have you being peeking in my window again!!:cussing:;)lol

Blog Entries

The music keeps drifting up from the basement of the freakbar when you\'re down there. I figured out the rest

:innocent: ahhh.... it helps calm the Mop Boys down :rolleyes:

Well, I only really got into music when I was 17. Before that I bought the occasional record (yes, as in vinyl) or had to be subjected to my sister\'s music. All I had was a crappy little radio. At 17 I got a decent portable stereo and started buying music. I listen to pretty much any type of metal: thrash, death, black, grind, sludge, heavy, drone, instrumental. I also listen to a variety of dance mucis. I can\'t really tell you the genres as mainly they\'ve been pointed in my direction by a freind and I got completely lost on what\'s what. Other stuff I listen to are rock, some indie, blues, hip-hop, electro, buena vista social club (yeah, I know it\'s one cd; but it\'s the only one I have of cuban music). I like some classical stuff too but I don\'t own anything in that genre.

I don\'t have a favourite music genre but I really like songs that tell a story or have some humour to them as well as a good tune. Things like Arctic Monkeys, early Travis and Copa Cabana ;) I like listening to the lyroics and being able to feel what the song is about and relate to it. In this case, some of Eminem\'s work is quite powerful once you work your way past the facade.

I go for a bit of everything, excluding pop hate the stuff. If I\'m pushed its going to be rock in that I mean things from hendrix to sabbath to manson (can\'t be bothered with the whole splitting it into metal etc etc). I also love Drum and Bass, Mampi Swift is a bad man :twisted:, my basic music philosophy is if its got the energy to make me go OHHHH and listen to the whole track then I like it if not then it goes out the window

To tell all my favourite music would likely take a bit of space because there are lots of bands I keep returning to. My most recent purchases though were Super Furry Animals\' new album Hey Venus and Zabrinski\'s most recent called Ill Gotten Game.

Most recently I have been listening to Mclusky, The Velvet Underground, Gruff Rhys (from SFA, solo stuff) and The Cure. Happy days altogether!

Keith Jarrett at the moment. Just got his Blue Note stuff with Gary Peacock and Jack Dejohnette.

Other than that, probably the same list as I listed a few weeks ago.

All about dub at the moment - so relaxing :D

Augustus Pablo
    Lee Perry
    King Tubby
    The Upsetters
    etc.

Plus the usual rap and hiphop, rock, 80s pop.

I like: (don\'t laugh)

Funky Butt (jazzy stuff, Norwegian)
    Kaisers Orchestra (again, Norwegian)
    and teh Beatles, I\'m also rather Partial to ska music.

Squig

I\'m sure this thread came up not long ago, but what the hey...

Mostly rock/metal. REALLY enjoy stuff like Meshuggah, A Life Once Lost, Ion Dissonance, The Abominable Iron Sloth:twisted:, Will Haven and Ghostride, Pantera, Down, Crowbar, Eyehategod, Remembering Never, Lamb of God, Chimaira... Too much to list.

Also really like Norah Jones and Fiona Apple, and some hiphop like Aesop Rock, Rawkus Rec\'s stuff, early Busta Rhymes.

Recently I have mostly been listening to:

Matthew Dear, Bonde Do Role, Digitalism, Ghost Frequency, The Hair, The Aliens, The Whip, Foals, Friendly Fires, Does It Offend You Yeah?....

...amongst other things :beer:

I typed a long reply to this yesterday and clicked \"Back\" by accident :duh:

Gruff Rhys is great, I saw him live recently. And Bonde Do Role are cool too :D I also like The Young Knives, anything with Damon Albarn in it (Blur, Gorillaz, The Good The Bad And The Queen..), Arcade Fire, Bat For Lashes, The Strokes, CSS, New Young Pony Club, Beep Seals, Tinariwen, Dizzee Rascal, Massive Attack, Nick Drake, Radiohead, Amy Winehouse, Manu Chao, Muse, Jeremy Warmsley, The Broken Family Band, !!!, Hadouken!, Jarvis, Hot Chip, Peter Bjorn and John, Ali Farka Touré, Kanye West, Pulp and loads of other stuff :D I like the Beta Band too, The Aliens are four former members.

No way I\'m doing a huge list, done it too many times before and realised that nobody cares! lol

What\'s the new Dizzee Rascal album like Bill. Somehow I\'ve not got round to picking it up or even downloading it despite Showtime being a big favourite of mine.

Might as well pick out a few choice things that are doing it for me at the moment I suppose. My album of the summer (not that it\'s been much of a summer) has been DJ Format\'s \'Music for the Mature B-Boy\'. It was the same when I got it on vinyl years back, and buying it cheep on CD (now that my decks are kind of out of order) has ignited my love of it again. Trully and all killer, no filler album.

Tied into that Abdominal (A favourite vocalist of Format) has a great album out called Escape From The Pidgeon Hole. The dude is good. True hip hop rather than embarassingly bad rap is such a pleasure to hear.

Oh, and as always, Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys is on heavy rotation.

The latest Cinematic Orchestra album is hugely disapointing after three stupendous previous efforts though. :(