Iron Warriors uber bang bang death army - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Iron Warriors uber bang bang death army

I\'ve rebuilt the head - mostly - and here is a pic of what I have done. I couldn\'t see what it was that people didn\'t like about it until after I compared the new on with the old. I was even thinking - meh I liked the old one better - but now I see them side by side I realise the error of my ways!

I\'ve gotten through a good deal of the painting but I\'m not entirely convinced of the colours. I can\'t work out how to improve the way that it looks - there\'s just something about the overall appearance of this colour scheme that I can\'t put my finger on...

Any suggestions or thoughts?

The yellow looks thick in some parts. I think that it may have worked better with steel or brass on the wing spars. I understand that the yellow is to tie the model in with the rest of the army but....

And please cover his lower jaw. Looks like he\'s flashing a cheezy smile for the camera.

my two coppers
    Brian

wow! not only are you conversions superb but your painting is top notch too. if i had a hat, id take it off to you :beer:

I\'ve played around with the colours but I\'m going nuts. I\'m much happier with the effect now. I\'m not entirely happy with the wings but I suck at freehand and I suck at patterning flat surfaces. So I think I\'ll stay with this final colour scheme unless someone can give me a brilliant idea to finalise the overall effect...

Here\'s the pics:

My only problem with the colour scheme is it now looks like papa smurf gone bad...lol

nice one fella, thats grrrrrrrreat

just add a few purple glazes into the skin of the face and build up with some more blue, then back over with another glaze of purple. then your done.

Wow,
    This is going to be a awesome army when it's done. Great work and log.
    Keep up the good work.

Tee

If he looks like Papa Smurf I feel sorry for Gargamel then when Papa gets hold of him.