What has been the best moment in your life? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What has been the best moment in your life?

Originally posted by matty1001
    ...whipped my kegs down and just let out the most relieving stream of wee EVER.
    Few things are as over-rated as bad sex.
    Few things are as under-rated as a good pee.

Best moments:
    The day I hitched a ride with a whale shark.
    The day a 6-foot stingray swam within six inches of my face.
    College graduation.
    The day that I was shown the irish setter puppy that became mine.

I hear you on that PegaZus, I\'ve just sort of had that feeling myself recently.

My parents got divorced when I was about the same age I did turn to drugs though. Smoking pot while fun can be very nasty thing if taken too far. I also \"fell in love\" with a girl at 17 and was with her for a long time when I came into some money we got a house. I thought the day when we moved in together was the happiest of my life untill she went psyco B**** from hell.

When this happened my good old friend pot was there to help, well I smoked more than ever. Untill about 5 months ago and since then I feel happy the sort of happy that feels natural and real. Since stoping smoking I have more drive I\'ve had a promotion at work and feel a better conection to every1 around me.

So the best day of my life so far has been putting down the baggie and walking away.I\'m not saying pot\'s a bad thing, if you can keep it in check then fair enough more power to ya.

Also the birth of my niece but thats for all sorts of reasons!!

Last week end

here\'s a small preview as to why :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa7QFVqVEHw

@ frenchkid - looks fun!

i can\'t really think of one special event but i have got plenty of good memories.

spending time with my friends, sculpting, painting, surfing, biking. i have plenty to be grateful for

@ Matty,
    Yeah, I can remember one particular bowel movement, man, what a great day that waslol

Happiest is too hard to select.
    Coolest, however (to me) was meeting Patrick Stewart, and hanging out with him.
    Twice.
    First time, I approached him on my lunch break, and quietly asked if it was him.
    He gave a little sigh, said yes, and expressed his gratitude for me not going
    all \'fan boy\' on him and calling attention to his presence.
    Spent my whole lunch hour talking and being indulged in my questions about his
    work, not just on Trek...

Second time, a couple of weeks later, he was there again, and called me over to
    join him... by NAME.

I like to think that if I met him a third time, he\'d still remember me...

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:D Happy Moments.... I’ve had way too many to count and I’m looking forward to many more in the future.

My grandma told me a sure way to discover you’re getting ancient is when you start talking about bowel movements.:drool:lol

Originally posted by Naukhel

Second time, a couple of weeks later, he was there again, and called me over to
    join him... by NAME.

I like to think that if I met him a third time, he\'d still remember me...
    thats so geeky but so cool! my housemate would be so jealous

@Naukhel - cool - where WAS that...?
    You didn\'t ask him whether there\'s gonna be another series of that BBC program where he\'s a government scientific advisor/inspector is there? (I can\'t remember the name)

I\'ve said hello to Gary Linker at a pro-am golf tourney, but that\'s no even in the same league. lol

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

I ran across Bill Pullman in Home Depot back i the late \'90\'s looking at ceiling fans. Mr C just had to go talk movies with him. He was great, answered all the questions but fled the store as soon as the conversation was over. I was a bit embarrassed.

The day that I sent in the final payment for my car. The moment that I realized that I was in piece and not a black smire on a bridge abutment are hydroplaning around a corner at high speed. The family trip to Hawaii, whats funner that seeing your father and the rest of the family get a little tippesy and having a good conversation? The first time that I held by ex-daughter. The time that she ran up to me, hugged my leg shouting \"Daddy\", and this was after a year and a half/ two years that she hadn\'t seen me, and she was about months at the time (in school, in a different state. No visits just phone calls, yes I\'m a bastard.) My Babtisin at 16, that was a weird feeling, good but weird.
    I know that there a quite a few more floating around in the old skull, but for the life of me I can not think of them. As to the poster that said that he hasn\'t had any, their there, someplace. It may not be the Best, moments are many and the Best is all ways coming, but that doesn\'t mean that the best hasn\'t happened. That or the whole world would be dressing in Goth, and writing bad poetry. :)

@DaN: I was working in a shoe store at the time, in the nearby shopping mall.
    Mr. Stewart was there during a flight lay-over, sitting quietly over a drink whilst
    his wife or travelling companion was doing some shopping. This\'d have been between X-Men and X-men II...

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Way too many to count.

Happiest:
    Wedding day
    Birth of my first daughter
    Birth of my second daughter
    My acceptance of Christ
    Every day I get to come home and play with my granddaughter.

That would have to be my top 5.

Originally posted by lizcam
    ...But the best moment of my whole life was the moment the man that I love told me he loved me too.
    I\'d have to go with that one too.

...except it wasn\'t a man that told me

...at least I\'m fairly certain it wasn\'t ???

i dont know:(
    but iv got some bd times:D
    its either
    1.the day my grandpa died,i woke up and my mum just said that he had died in his sleep.(im a schoolkid so im not so sad i live with my parents, but no offence if you do;))
    2.the day my cat died, it might not be much (a cat) but this cat was older than me and had ill (suffering isnt bad enough) for months.

so now iv made the atmosphere nice and glum ill go away;)

the catman

p.s- if i have a good time ill tell you though

WARNING: LONG POST

Hmm… my life has been full of ups and downs. And certainly a highlight for me was the day my son was born (Superbowl Sunday, 2000). But the best day for me needs a little run up.

I was in Iraq in 2004, my second time there. I had just come back from a little op “outside the wire”, meaning I was off the FOB with a convoy. It was getting late so I went and grabbed some chow and checked on my team, as two of them were going out on a mission in about an hour. I ate, got them prepped, and went to watch a movie on my computer in our hooch.

I fell asleep (it had been along day). At about 2200 local time, a knock on my hooch door was the lieutenant from the unit my team was supporting. He told me my company commander had called and needs me to call right away. I got up, went into the S2 office and dialed out to my commander’s location.

That moment life fell apart.

“Sergeant, it is my unfortunate duty to inform you your mother has passed away. I am so sorry.”

Now without going into the ridiculous details, the next convoy left the FOB at 0500, and I was on it. I had contacted a captain I knew at the airbase and he got me a place to sleep while I waited on emergency leave paperwork. It took them thirty hours to process emergency leave paperwork. To this day that is something I will never forgive the bureaucratic asshole officer corps of the US Army for.

I got home and we buried mom on the 4th of July. That holiday will never be the same for me.

Now we had a bigger problem. Who was going to take care of dad? Well, I wasn’t married anymore and my son was in Hawaii with his mother. All I had was a dog that was staying with my parents anyway. So I got out of the Army on a hardship to take care of my dad. He had a stroke a few years before and while mobile and all, he had not lived alone in over 49 years. The coming September was going to be their 50th wedding anniversary.

Now, unemployed for 5 months I had started dating a wonderful woman named Erynn. Beautiful and talented, we had actually dated years and years before. But I still had no job and no visible means of support and it was beginning to take its toll on me. I was an asshole, plain and simple. And I have been told that I should have been on some kind of anti depressant. Probably true. It cost me Erynn. She left and I didn’t fight it. Why should I? I wouldn’t have stayed as long as she did. Add one more to the list of things bringing me down.

Then, I turned the corner. I started working as an independent contractor, basically self employed and making a fair amount of money, with a bit of travel thrown in. I got myself righted. Bills paid and up to date, dad was finally starting to come around, and life was starting to look up.

And here is where I thank Harry Potter. Erynn is a big HP fan and Goblet of Fire was something we had said we would go see on opening night. So we go to dinner first and she will tell you that she was not happy about this and that she was not looking forward to having to talk to me. So as we were waiting, I laid my cards out on the table. I apologized for anything that I had done or said that had hurt her in any way. I apologized for not being the guy she deserved. I told her that losing her was the single biggest mistake of my life. I loved her and though I had not said it when we were together, I could see myself spending the rest of my life with her. This made her really angry. She asked why I hadn’t said any of this before and we spent the rest of the evening and the movie in silence (all the ladies reading this are sitting there nodding right now). Come to find she had been seeing someone else, as was her right, since we hadn’t been together for months.

So we talk off and on. I invite her to New Years’ Eve at my house. It’s a family thing for us. She declines as she “has plans” with the guy who will hereinafter be referred to as “that other dude”.

Enter the Hand of Fate.

So she goes to see him New Year’s Eve. And he tells her that he is not feeling up to doing anything and asks her to leave. If I ever meet him I have to thank him. She ended up coming over to the house for our new years festivities. It was a bit awkward but it was also the first step in a very positive direction.

The following May, we were at my folks’ house and I had told her that my dad wanted to talk to her in the living room. Now, my dad can be a crotchety old man, and she was wary. A couple of minutes later, I came in with a rose I had picked myself, wrapped in a piece of wrapping paper that had been a running joke with us, went down on one knee and asked her to marry me. I presented her with the ring she had pointed out to me months before. She couldn’t speak for the tears.

That was the happiest day of my life. We were married December 16th last year.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Ain\'t love grand? It always seems to find a way. Congradulations and thank you for sharing that. Those things can be painful to type sometimes. :)

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Thunderhawker, that is very moving. I am happy that things have worked out in a positive direction for you.

i met Blair but don\'t know if thats good or bad!!

Way to go my man glad it all worked ok good for ya!!!