Eldar Revenant,Vampire Hunter, Scorpion Type II: scratchbuilt - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Revenant,Vampire Hunter, Scorpion Type II: scratchbuilt

Wow That will be one nice Titan... And the proper name for this one should be
    \"ToothFairy\" lol
    Keep up the good work... can\'t wait for new photos.

Sweet job. My only comment is that the knee guards and hip guards appear to be a little rough around the edges. Other than that absolutely brilliant

I have done a little more work: I started off with the pulsar cannons... well, actually only one cannon, up to now, and I am unsure to scratch build the second or to mould it and cast it.

Here are pics:

The tube is 13 cm long.

cheers

man this thing is awesome.. Im really feeling it.. THE CANNON LOOKS SWEET.. i like the gems on the feet myself.. but its your toy

Blog Entries

Wow, this guy\'s coming along great! I wish I saw this thread earlier :P

Yesterday I finished the pulsar generator.
    It was quite difficult to accomplish, since the shape is quite a tough one.
    I\'ll post pics today.

this evening I will make a mould out if it, and cast a copy.

Moulding and casting is the magic word for this project, since it has to be totally symmetrical, I need to have perfect and symmetrical shapes on both sides, and cannot risk to have a smaller arm, or a slightly different shape on one side.

I\'ll let you know how this proceeds.

cheers

second post of the day.
    as promised, here are pics of the pulsar cannon generator:

as you can see there is the casted pulsar cannon also.

this is the position of the cannon, once finished:

cheers

Damn, this is looking good! My hat is off to you!
    The one (small) problem that I have is this. How much movement do you have in the joints? I ask this because, from what I see in your photos, if that is the finial pose (which I like), the upper torso looks like it should be angled forward into the shot from the cannon. To me, and this took be just the pic, but it looks a little to straight up and down from the waist upwards. My think on this is that if a live pilot is hard wired into this thing, the movements would be mimicking a person and not a machine. And it would be more \"natural\" for a little bending at the waist. But that just my 2 coppers.
    Keep it up, so far this thing is looking amazing.
    Brian

Last night I finished sculpting the generator of the pulsar cannon, and I made casts of it.

I then attached the pulsar cannons to the generators, and cut the arms (out of leftover tooth brushes - the ones I used for the legs).

Here is a mock of the arms (I haven\'t attached them yet, since I will have to wait for the head bitz to arrive, before sculpting the shoulder parts).

Ok, \'nough talking: here are pics (sorry for the bad quality, but I did them at lunch time, and didn\'t have time to set lights/shadows/definition):

for now, this is it

cheers

Wow man, i really love your model, when your finished ill probably make my own. but how do you make your casts? and what kind of putty are you using?

Originally posted by Armorcast
    but how do you make your casts? and what kind of putty are you using?
    Thanx.

The moulds are made using a 2 part sylicon putty, and I have bought 4 gallons of epoxy resin, that I pour in the moulds.

The putty I use, the grey parts, are ProCreate sculpting putty... pretty similar to greenstuff (butmuch better).

cheers

I am slowly getting there...

The bitz have finally arrived, and last night my wife was away, so I could work on the titan\'s head.

I re-did the head like 4 times (hence the awful grey stuff work, which I\'ll fix when the basic shape is done.

Here is what I\'ve done yesterday, before going to bed (BTW: 4th try):

and here is what I did this morning, before going to my office (with temperature, BTW). I Cut the \"tail\" in the helmet, lowered the face mask and eliminated the face details, that were rushed, last night:

Here is what the mask might look like (done with paint... ):

looking good, and looking quit hard as well. keep it up, maybe send the wife on a shopping trip, to france?lol.....stu.....

Since I am ill today, I stayed home, and worked on the titan.
    I re-did the head for the 6th time, and, cought by a greed of getting this thing done, I attached the arms, pulsar, seekers, so the scale is much clearer.

The head is a lot shorter than the previous ones.
    Bear in mind that it is not yet finished, as I need to add more greystuff to the sides, to make them more rounded, and sand the whole thing.

Ideas on how I could make the hinge for the pivoting head? keep in mind that the available space ranges from 2 sq. mm, to 3 sq. mm... cool!!!

Well, here are pics:

The legs are awesome, the torso looks great!

The arms though, pulse lances and the head, I\'m not too fond of...

The head seems too large, for the slim body, and the arms look a tad strange the way the lances are connected.

Don\'t get me wrong, I think it\'s amazing, that you not only got the idea to produce this, but actually made it from TOOTHBRUSHES! Brilliant!

But...

With all the time it takes, and the effort you got to put into it, and maybe ending up with a result you don\'t like, I would prefer to buy one from Forge World :)

Great work! Can\'t wait to see some paint on it!

Blog Entries

I think the pose is what drops the impression a bit in those shots. It looks like it\'s strutting around not gracefully flying around obliterating its targets.

When I was posing my Forgeworld Battlesuit conversion I was looking at Anime stuff to help me get an idea of a pose that suggested speed even when the model was standing still. Looking at Appleseed and some of the other shows with high speed robots proved useful for this.

Basically it involved exaggerated bends of the knees, fully extending arms, etc.

I would have had even more exaggerated poses on the legs, but the joints would have needed some serious modification and the model would have been very prone to falling over :D

Looks great! The head does look a bit big, and sits a bit high above the chest. You have clearly followed the design of the head closely, so I am not sure if you could make it a bit smaller. I also believe once you add the shoulder mounted engines and armor plates it will help balance it all out.

Following your adive, last night, I redid the frontal mask. It is still without the face details, but I\'ll do them next week (this weekend I am staying in Paris with my wife \\o/ )

I also changed the position.
    All I did was bring forward one leg... I like this pose a lot more!

and here are pics:
    New face:

New pose:

And here is how I did the new face: all I did push some grey stuff inside the old face mask.

cheers

Blog Entries

The new pose looks way better. I like it :D

I think shoulder pads will really be a big step for this guy, they\'ll polish off the torso nicely. Any plans for the jump pack and stuff yet?

I agree, looks good. I like the new face plate, I think it has the \'slim\' look that fits better.